Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should nuGN'R even bother doing videos?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should nuGN'R even bother doing videos?  (Read 3314 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: October 01, 2004, 03:25:40 AM »

I'm starting to think that, if Axl ever does get this album released, he shouldn't do videos.  The current incarnation of Guns N' Roses just doesn't strike me as being as videogenic as the original lineup.  Well, at least not in sports jerseys and braids, but that's for another thread.  But maybe MTV will barely play it anyway.  Personally, I think that nuGN'R should do what Pearl Jam did after "Jeremy" - not make any videos.  Let the music do the talking.  The new music seems extremely brainy, artistic, and emotional.  Somehow, it seems to me like a video would only cheapen the experience.  Axl certainly has a mystique about him right now, and an aura as the secretive "Howard Hughes of rock 'n' roll".  Maybe instead of being on his knees in front of MTV, he could turn the tables and play on "The Legend of Axl Rose".  This strange old rocker that you never see anymore, but the guy makes amazing music.  Axl seems to me a real "tortured artist" type.  Perhaps it's time for him to shed GN'R's 80s MTV image and concentrate fully on the music.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 04:30:14 AM »

it would be a waste of talent. i want a video for every songs, i'd like 5 different videos for every songs. i want a movie for every song. ?_?

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 09:07:38 AM »

it would be a waste of talent. i want a video for every songs, i'd like 5 different videos for every songs. i want a movie for every song. ?_?

hahahah.. hells yeah!! beer

but no.. i think videos are a very good idea.. especially w/ Mr. Rose on the director's seat.. becuz there's a very good chance that he will use the videos to their full extent when it comes to getting the lyrics and their meanings across..? peace
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 09:09:44 AM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 09:21:30 AM »

they should make videos

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
the_icon
Headliner

Rock on baby...

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 12:42:17 PM »

I'de like to see Axl make a video for Madagascar... ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 01:11:52 PM »

Personally, I think that nuGN'R should do what Pearl Jam did after "Jeremy" - not make any videos.? Let the music do the talking.?
What about 'Do The Evolution', 'I Am Mine' etc.  They did vids after and with Axl's mind the vids would be class
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 02:03:07 PM »

first you say
The current incarnation of Guns N' Roses just doesn't strike me as being as videogenic as the original lineup.  Well, at least not in sports jerseys and braids, but that's for another thread.
then
Perhaps it's time for him to shed GN'R's 80s MTV image and concentrate fully on the music.

Gnr should definately do videos!. Its one of the many things im looking foward to. This band seems to be very creative. I can see them doing cool imagery/symbolism tyupe videos along with a live performace type. I doubt we will see a NR or Estranged Type video again.
I wish Bucket was still in the band. He would add a lot to the videos. BUt RObin is is just as good. Hes a creative guy who loves imagery and all that.

I cant wait for the videos....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 02:35:30 PM »

I doubt we will see a NR or Estranged Type video again.

I don't.  If they get round to releasing the album and singles, you can bet at least one of the epics will have an epic video.
budnc6921
Headliner

screw you guys im going home

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 02:36:01 PM »

They need to do videos if they want the album to be a success(sales wise).  I'm sure the album should live up to our (GNR fans) expectations but they need videos to promote it to everyone else.

"It's not worth living if you can't feel alive"
Electra King - The world is not enough
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 03:08:55 PM »

I didnt mean that we will not see videos that long but we wont see videos like that style.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 03:36:44 PM »

a? good idea.. especially w/ Mr. Rose on the director's seat.. becuz there's a very good chance that he will use the videos to their full extent when it comes to getting the lyrics and their meanings across..? peace
Jolly good idea if only it dosen?t take him (and GNR) another decades.? hihi

Partly I agree with Mattman. Explanatory videos often ruin individual appreciation of songs. Pre MTV age music seems to do more talkng. For example each Zep song presents a picturesque scenery opened up before us.

On the other hand, some videos in themselves are fun to watch. They help the song to reach to more ppl. I enjoy clever videos like White Stripes? as I?m no big fan of high budget music videos.

I bet "Chinese Democracy" makes a great epochal video with huge vistas. ?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 05:10:04 PM »

just tool like vids, ya know the anime

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 05:18:09 PM »

oh hell yeah they should make a video Axl wants a big album and u got to have a video to promote such a big thing

EEEERRRR Little boy
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 05:33:51 PM »

They should do a video where Axl doesn't appear at all, until the final shot where Axl can be shown ironically holed up in a studio inside of a bomb shelter...or, better yet, a tongue in cheek clip where the band has a live performance video wherein they are waiting for Axl to show up throughout the whole song, looking at each other dumbfounded and irritated until Axl finally runs on stage for the final chrorus...
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 02:26:25 AM »

oowww...i cringe everytime you refer to them as nuGn'R Undecided

anyway, yea i really think videos would be a wise choice.  Videos seem as, if not more important than the songs nowadays.  i mean, entire award shows dedicated to music videos...it would not be wise to neglect the monster that is the music video.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 05:31:51 PM »

oowww...i cringe everytime you refer to them as nuGn'R Undecided

Well, it's basically a new band, right?? I call them GN'R all the time, but this band is different, and I need an abbreviation for "New Guns N' Roses".? Hence, "nuGN'R".? So that's gonna be my little cutesy phrase from now on.? Please accept my apologies for any and all cringing this may result in.? Wink
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 05:33:32 PM by Mattman » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 08:45:17 PM »

oh yes they will and when you see them you will be amazed.never say it shouldn't be. beer smoking

the one an only horsey !
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 08:23:03 AM »

I think these guys would be better at videos then the others were.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004, 12:06:39 PM »

Axl has an artistic approach to videos. The videos for November Rain and Estranged were awesome.

It is about creating art, not catering to MTV.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: