Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:10:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: Management Shake-Up Leads To Split In Group's Ranks
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: Management Shake-Up Leads To Split In Group's Ranks  (Read 5086 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 28, 2004, 02:44:33 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER: Management Shake-Up Leads To Split In Group's Ranks

The VELVET REVOLVER band appears to have been split into two camps following the group's decision to fire their management team, Immortal Entertainment, on Sept. 17. VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will be managed by HK Management (Howard Kaufman) while the rest of the band is going with Irvin Azoff (VAN HALEN, CHRISTINA AGUILERA), informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Dana Millman-Dufine and David Codicow, who were representing the band within Immortal, are believed to be trying to make a deal with Azoff to take them on. Since Dana Millman-Dufine looks mainly after Scott, she will probably be hired by Azoff for a while at least, while Azoff allegedly doesn't want or need David Codicow. No further details are available at this time. 

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=27382

Hopefully it's just business and nothing personal....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 02:56:17 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER: Management Shake-Up Leads To Split In Group's Ranks

The VELVET REVOLVER band appears to have been split into two camps following the group's decision to fire their management team, Immortal Entertainment, on Sept. 17. VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will be managed by HK Management (Howard Kaufman) while the rest of the band is going with Irvin Azoff (VAN HALEN, CHRISTINA AGUILERA), informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Dana Millman-Dufine and David Codicow, who were representing the band within Immortal, are believed to be trying to make a deal with Azoff to take them on. Since Dana Millman-Dufine looks mainly after Scott, she will probably be hired by Azoff for a while at least, while Azoff allegedly doesn't want or need David Codicow. No further details are available at this time.?

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=27382

Hopefully it's just business and nothing personal....

/jarmo

We can only hope. Weird  Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 03:23:51 PM »

The guitarist on one side and the rest of the band on the other? I don't see that configuration as being very manageable  Undecided

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 04:50:04 PM »

The guitarist on one side and the rest of the band on the other? I don't see that configuration as being very manageable? Undecided

Reminds me of the Live Era credits where three members had three different managers.  Undecided

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 05:28:34 PM »

Maybe we're making too big a deal out of this, but this news certainly is not encouraging. Huh
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 06:27:10 PM »

The guitarist on one side and the rest of the band on the other? I don't see that configuration as being very manageable? Undecided

Reminds me of the Live Era credits where three members had three different managers.? Undecided

/jarmo

Familiar indeed.

Not a big fan of Howard Kaufman, bad move Slash..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 07:09:27 PM »

yeah. why didint slash just go with the rest of the band? on managment

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 07:40:18 PM »

Well they do claim they are wiser now about letting outsiders tear their band apart.

is that what you guys are worried about? that the managers will lead to the demise of VR?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 07:44:41 PM »

Well they do claim they are wiser now about letting outsiders tear their band apart.

is that what you guys are worried about? that the managers will lead to the demise of VR?

Yeah, all those statements about being a democracy, a real band and as you mentioned not letting outsiders (aka "yesmen") tear the band apart, seem a little weird right now.

Seems like they don't agree on everything after all....

Why would Slash want a different manager? To manage his solo career? Because he doesn't trust the guy the others have?

/jarmo

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 07:49:39 PM »

does slash even have a solo career?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Eric
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 10:23:32 AM »

I think the same thing happened with Audioslave when they first started out-Chris Cornell had a different manager than the rest of the band-caused problems-anyway, I would wait to hear from the band first-there may be a good reason for this-honestly, outside the Velvet Revolver comunity, would anyone even care? Does anyone know of any other bands who have different managers for members in the band?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 05:19:01 AM »

does slash even have a solo career?

Well, Slash has estabished a comany that are going to take care of his guest apperances, that's what I've heard from snakepit.org...  And if you check out all the big stars that Slash have played with, live or in studio (or both) you could deffently say that he has a solo career. I think he has made a shitload of money playing with Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper, Motorhead,Blackstreet, Ray Charles and all the other really well-known artists during the years. Hell, he was even nominated for a fucking grammy, for the Godfather theme for the movie...

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 09:35:12 AM »

i think thats all it is. nothing to worry about. Slash needs someone to manage him because unlike the others he has a pretty good solo career because he is Slash and plays all the time.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 07:39:22 AM »

i think thats all it is. nothing to worry about. Slash needs someone to manage him because unlike the others he has a pretty good solo career because he is Slash and plays all the time.

A pretty good solo career?  Roll Eyes Maybe a little bit more successful than Matt's ( by the way, has anyone heard his album " Hollywood Zen"?) or Duffs, but I don't think that's the main reason.

Maybe the band is not as united as they made us believe.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

playing with greats like michael jackson etc makes you a solo career artist ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 10:26:47 AM »

I don't know what to say in regards to the change, but this is a band that is always seen together, they give alot of interviews during their touring so I wouldn't worry much because I'm sure it will be addressed.. It's not like you'll have to wait 6 months or so to find a bit of info out, I'll worry when I need to.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 04:49:57 PM »

Maybe the band is not as united as they made us believe.

Yeah man, really.  Touring and writing and recording music isnt enough for me, if they dont have the same managers they might as well just break up.

I also heard they dont sleep in the same bed together at night...if this is true, it just proves what liars they are.

Roll Eyes

I do not see the logic in this...Did these guys ever insinuate that they did absolutely everything together or in the same way?  Theyve always said they were tight and had chemistry together...having different management changes that?  Thats some real reaching...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 05:10:25 PM »

I also heard they dont sleep in the same bed together at night...if this is true, it just proves what liars they are.

If you ever read the GN'R section you might notice how people are saying GN'R isn't a band because guys are allowed to do solo tours etc.

People have an idea that a band is something that's together in everything and they all live in a house together.  hihi

/jarmo

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 06:36:47 AM »

Slash's solo stuff is worth a lot of money, maybe as much as his VR money, so it's not strange of him trying to have some control over it.. The GnR guys got screwed a lot back in the days, so I totally understand why Slash are taking steps to secure himself.. I mean the guy got a wife and two kids to take care of..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: