Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "The Spaghetti Incident?" appreciation thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Spaghetti Incident?" appreciation thread  (Read 23132 times)
GnR_Kel_UK
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2004, 07:08:32 PM »

The Spaghetti Incident is great! There's loads of good songs on there, like Attitude, Black Leather, Buick Makane, Down On The Farm.... oh I could go on for ages!  Smiley

My way, your way, anything goes tonight ;o)
Evolution
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2004, 07:15:06 PM »

Hair Of The Dog is fantastic!i love TSI  Wink
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2004, 07:31:54 PM »

SIDHY
DOTF
Human Being
Aint it Fun
Black Leather...those are my favorites.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2004, 06:22:57 AM »

This album fuckin' rocks. I love it.

Favorite songs:

Since I Don't Have You
Down On The Farm
Human Being
Ain't It Fun
Buick Makane
Hair Of The Dog
Black Leather
Look At Your Game, Girl

Great album, a breath of fresh air. Its good to listen to covers every now and then.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2004, 06:53:07 AM »

i love that album. its hard. i dont like Since I Dont Have you... it should never be the first track... i think its kinda boring. but the rest of the album is awesome! everysingle song. exept Put you arms around a memory... dont quite like that... :p

but the rest is awesome!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2004, 11:32:53 AM »

whats th album artwork like?

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Blues Mafia
Opening Act

- Fox -

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2004, 01:40:02 PM »

whats th album artwork like?

... Like Spaghetti
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2004, 04:15:42 PM »

TSI is nice,but let's face it: It's nothing compared to AFD,Illusions or even Lies

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2004, 07:44:20 PM »

There was only one 'original' song in the album and it was not listed...

What was that then?.... oh, i presume you mean "look at your game girl" written by charles manson ya see mate you learn something new everyday.

spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2004, 07:48:09 PM »

by the way guys thanks. im glad other people out there like the album. my only gripe is axl; dont apear enough on that album. (or axl dont apear enough...) duffs got a cool voice in his own right though.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2004, 08:18:29 PM »

I also like TSI!!
Human Being is great to crank up and rock to.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2004, 11:45:17 PM »

An Incident To Remember
Hit Parade - April '94
By Caroline Mellon

Four studio albums, 10 million records sold worldwide....and now its time for something completely different. Instead of going in and doing that ?kind? of the same of same old same old, Guns N' Roses did what they do so well; they bucked the system. Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Matt and Gilby (and whoever else may be in the group today) decided to escape from the mass chaos that swirls around the most controversial rock band in the world by just playing music they loved. For those of you yearning for the eternal angst of frustrated youth, what you have on your shelves now is The Spaghetti Incident?, a collection of classic punk and rock songs covered in Guns N' Roses inimitable style.

'Actually we were thinking of calling it the Cover Album,' Explained Duff. 'it's not a punk record; all of it, we did things like Nazareth's Hair Of The Dog, T-Rex The Dead Boys. We did a Fear song, I Don't Care About You. We're paying respect to certain elements of rock and roll that have been overlooked.'

'It was a very spontaneous record.' Added Axl. 'There was no band rehearsal, You just go in and do what you do, sing what you want to sing about.'

The Spaghetti Incident? is a unique collection of angry anthems. you've got an Iggy Pop classic like Raw Power, Steve Jones' Black Leather, and New Road by The Damned. Where did the abitrary aggregation of vital vinyl come from? The whole project came about courtesy of Duff.

'I have a really cool record collection,' GN'R's bassist admitted. 'I turned the guys on to The Stooges and the MC5, and stuff like that. Basically, i introduced the material to them and said, 'We should do this and this, and this, and this.' Axl got real excited and started researching stuff and said, 'We can do this and this and this and that!' Then everybody got into it and asked, 'Can we do this song or that song?' it was very democratic.
'It's a mad record, its fun. There are no airs about it,' admitted Slash.

'The bulk of The Spaghetti Incident? was recorded where the Gunners went in to record Use your illusion records, three years ago. As well, tunes have been recorded here and there, for example, the rendition of Johnny Thunders Can't Put your Arms Around A Memory was originally done for Duff's solo album Believe In Me...But Slash and Axl pleaded 'Lets put it on the punk record' so they went in and recorded it and here is The Spaghetti incident? in your faces..."

Foud at this geocities site http://www.geocities.com/rattlesnake_suitcase/hp94.htm
?Copyright Alan Hylands 2001
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2004, 06:14:06 AM »

I love the cd cover on the insides. The outside looks so lame to me. Musically there is some good songs on there. If they picked well known rock songs, It could of been HUge, Afteral Metallica ripped there idea off for "Garage Inc"

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2004, 09:38:15 AM »

I love the cd cover on the insides. The outside looks so lame to me. Musically there is some good songs on there. If they picked well known rock songs, It could of been HUge,

I think the insides mint with hot Slash n DUFF pic, and if they chose a few better PUNK songs yeah it would of been better- but they were wanting to praise their idols, and carry on didnt they.
OMG! YCPYAAAM with DUFF!!!!!  drool
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh its soooooo sweet! oh how he sings and i love the scream at the end of IDCAY!  beer
Mmmmmmmmmm!!! Its real sweet n HOT!
I adore ATTITUDE!!!
Duff sings it well, his manliness on stage, whilst singing that song rocked, him with his lush blonde hair, and his top off with those cool Sid-style trousers, him covered in sweat!  drool  drool  drool
Yeah I love my beloved Duff, and I love to pause it on screen! My friend thinks I'm crazy!  Shocked
I actually velieve that song was wrote for me!  

Ok I'll stop yakking!  Tongue

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2004, 12:26:14 PM »

I love the cd cover on the insides. The outside looks so lame to me. Musically there is some good songs on there. If they picked well known rock songs, It could of been HUge, Afteral Metallica ripped there idea off for "Garage Inc"

IMO tsi? could have sucked if they did famous rock songs, i quite like the fact that they chose some obscure choices, songs that wouldnt normaly be covered. i think its an underated album, better than illusion 1 but not as good as illusion 2 IMO. my only gripe on the album is axl dont sing on enough of the tracks (although duff has a cool voice in his own right). id like to see the new gnr play some of these songs live but i cant see it happening.
Evolution
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2004, 07:58:21 PM »

. i think its an underated album, better than illusion 1

i realise it's your opinion but

underated? yes. better than uyi I? no beer
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2004, 06:58:49 PM »

IMO tsi? could have sucked if they did famous rock songs, i quite like the fact that they chose some obscure choices, songs that wouldnt normaly be covered. i think its an underated album, better than illusion 1 but not as good as illusion 2 IMO. my only gripe on the album is axl dont sing on enough of the tracks (although duff has a cool voice in his own right). id like to see the new gnr play some of these songs live but i cant see it happening.
Yeah it was Duff's baby I think. There is one song that he sings on, plays drums on, and bass on and there isnt even another GnR member on it (except Dizzy on backing vocals) I like TSI but it never seemed like a group project to me.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2004, 12:27:37 AM »

It was a cool album - I enjoyed it for what it was, and I'm glad that I have it in my collection.

It can't hold a candle to AFD or UYI 2, but it's still a fun album in its own right.

I tried to see it your way...
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2004, 03:50:18 PM »

It's the only GN'R album I don't own...mostly because of how bad people say it is and make jokes about it.  Is it really that bad?  I know it's all covers.  Any comments would be great.  Thanx

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2004, 03:56:40 PM »

I think Hair of the Dog and Since I Don't Have You are great songs from TSI.  The rest of the songs are alright, but don't really do it for me.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: