Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Promotional ideas for gnr
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promotional ideas for gnr  (Read 10822 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2004, 08:07:50 PM »

Younggunner, it's not like if GN'R were a new band. Most of the line-up is new, but the band's name is not. Guns n' Roses has already sold about 85 million records worldwide AND COUNTING (greatest hits album...).
So they can totally play stadiums again after the first or the 2nd single. Guns n' Roses is a huge Rock band. A legendary one. This band has a glorious past. And this band already played stadiums all over the world in the past.
Don't forget that Guns n' Roses were the biggest and most popular band in the world back in the days, they were bigger than U2, bigger than Metallica and bigger than any other Rock bands that are still up today.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 08:18:48 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2004, 08:11:39 PM »

Younggunner, it's not like GN'R were a new band. the line-up is new, but the band's name is not. Guns n' Roses has already sold about 85 million records worldwide AND COUNTING (greatest hits album...).
So they can totally play stadiums again after the first or the 2nd single. Guns n' Roses is a huge Rock band. A legendary one. This band has a glorious past.

i agree...

But I think that would be a little imature on the axl's part if he do this righ on the first single...the name is th same, but they sound totally diferent...maybe the band needs some time to the people get used to their sound...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2004, 09:55:09 PM »

Younggunner, it's not like if GN'R were a new band. Most of the line-up is new, but the band's name is not. Guns n' Roses has already sold about 85 million records worldwide AND COUNTING (greatest hits album...).
So they can totally play stadiums again after the first or the 2nd single. Guns n' Roses is a huge Rock band. A legendary one. This band has a glorious past. And this band already played stadiums all over the world in the past.
Don't forget that Guns n' Roses were the biggest and most popular band in the world back in the days, they were bigger than U2, bigger than Metallica and bigger than any other Rock bands that are still up today.
They have a glorious past must must prove themselves again. The name and the past will mean jack shit if the material is garbage. So yes, if the album is great then GNr will be able to be glourious again in the next yur or so...

Give them some time to build it back up with the music. If its good we will be in the stadiums in a few yrs from now...BUt again its wishful and premature thinking...lets take it one step at a time.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2004, 12:42:21 AM »

Release a record and let the music do the talking. Although I think it would be great to see a video to let people know it's all new guys and to see a cool video. It's going to be really intrested though I can't imagine how and when this record does come what effect it's gona have. Finally put the end to all old guns n roses shit and start up chinses democracy...

More I see older bands if's obivious that having young members in this band is Axl best choice so far  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2004, 12:33:48 PM »

no news yet in the GNR camp Mysteron ?

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2004, 12:53:51 PM »

Mysteron, is this question because the ablums promotion is about to start?? Or something your just trying to start a topic with?? I figured since your active with your posts that something might be going down promotion wise for the first half of 2005?? Any new information on that part, like maybe the website being updated with new information.? Like Axl said, "He's been enslaved to the public for 17 years."

Exactly what im thinking....

What is meaning with this topic??

I mean, are they gonna listening to our ideas??

That's what I hope anyway.  I was thinking this but didn't post it. I'm hoping Mysteron is trying to get some ideas out of us!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2004, 01:51:07 PM »

For what reasons other then to make conversation would Mysteron be looking for promotional ideas? He isnt part of GNR's management.  Huh

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2004, 05:03:41 PM »

Well everyone on this board treat him like he's god on this board, so I was just asking in general if something was up?  Maybe SOME kind of new info, I'm dieing for it man.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2004, 05:25:43 PM »

Well everyone on this board treat him like he's god on this board, so I was just asking in general if something was up?? Maybe SOME kind of new info, I'm dieing for it man.

Me too my friend ... me too .....

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2004, 07:54:34 PM »

The tour should be smaller venues at first.  Play LA, NY, Chicago, Boston.... all the places they did good in on the last tour but Play Roseland 3 nights in a row in NY.  Shit like that.  It's better to see them do a quick tour in the States with packed venues.  I saw Ozzy play Roseland right as Ozmosis cam out.  It was one of the best shows I'e ever seen.  Then he came back a few months later to a sold out arena.  It's a better way to build up a buzz.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2004, 08:11:15 PM »

The ideal tour would be this:
Just prior to the release of album and prior to the major tour they should play in a club in NYC and LA as a warmup for the tour.
Then they go on an arena world tour to support the album....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DemocracyRose
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2004, 02:01:12 AM »

Well everyone on this board treat him like he's god on this board, so I was just asking in general if something was up?? Maybe SOME kind of new info, I'm dieing for it man.

Its weird, he is so quiet now..... Undecided
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2004, 07:16:58 AM »

Its weird, he is so quiet now..... Undecided

Yea, come on Mysteron, lets have some answers

That's a hatrick for Doull
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2004, 07:43:03 AM »

People have mentioned video ideas for the first single and various other things

What do you think? Is a film soundtrack the way to go forward (taking into account film release first half 2005). How should the first single be put forward. How should the band promote gnr. How would you like the gnr website to run. What should the band do and say with regard to interviews, how should Axl react to VR.....etc...

I don't think that a film soundtrack is a very good idea for a first single.
I'll tell you why :

The USA distributes between 650 and 900 movies every year and people get an overdose of movies.
Some movies even go totally unnoticed and soundtracks tend to be so blended into the films that people don't hear them. Especially if the song is heard in the credits, at the end, because the majority of people don't stay in the cinema for the credits.

What i think would be good is an advert for a car, or for a sports brand ( Nike, adidas,......) distributed all over the world.
Adverts last between 15 and 30 seconds on television, appear between 2 to 30 times A DAY and last longer when you see their cinema versions. And God knows publicity kills people's brains, so everyone would sing along in their shower, totally intoxicated with a song.

That's a start, if you like it, ask me for the rest. yes

Nothing to say
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2004, 08:19:50 AM »

This is a great thread *takes notes for class* Smiley

Ok a huge stadium tour..is bad news. They prolly won't find a promotor anyway that would do that. They weren't selling out the arenas on the last tour. I vote for a small, club tour to start out. How cool would that be! Then work their way up to a summer shed tour (stay far away from 80s nostalgia tours). Next Fall, considering tix sales, then try for another "arena rock" tour. A small club tour would ALWAYS sell out and I'm pretty sure all us fans would drool over the whole experience. Axl might dig it more, cause he might be less high strung over the whole thing and not freakin stomp off stage.

And YES to free concerts in Philly and Toronto. THAT right there would save their asses major.

SNL idea..he just HAS to do. EVERY person that has had some sort of controversary has gone on there, made fun of themselves and it always WORKS. Think of all the great skits they could come up with. When people see that hes not taking himself so seriously, they will love it. He shouldn't host, he should just be a walk-on suprise guest and then be the musical act for the show.

And its too bad he couldn't add a soundtrack song to the new Howard Hughes movie. Would be great tounge in cheek move since hes the Howard Hughes of rock n roll.

Major interview with Kurt Loder has to be done. They should also go on Headbangers Ball on MTV2 when they video debuts or on Fuse. KNAC.com needs to land a major interview. Lonn Friend needs to interview him or Del James (he trusts them and Kurt the most). Rolling Stone I'm not so sure on. But if there is one mag, he should do that. He won't ever do anything for Spin, as he shouldn't. Stay away from VH-1 too. Revolver mag is another good one to interview with.

Website is a no brainer. They could add so much great stuff. But add contests too. Not cheezy ones, but ones to win tickets or signed stuff. Axl wouldn't dig this, but a official fan club would be great. Modeled after the Metallica one is a good idea. Get Jarmo to do it!

And if they  need a fan to interview them, I volunteer!

Ayla

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2004, 06:00:02 PM »

no news yet in the GNR camp Mysteron ?

we`r in quiet times now! Dont think he knows anything more then us

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2004, 06:06:38 PM »

Ok a huge stadium tour..is bad news. They prolly won't find a promotor anyway that would do that. They weren't selling out the arenas on the last tour. I vote for a small, club tour to start out.
1) a bad news? excuse me?? bad news for YOU, because for me it would be the most exiting news for years in the GN'R world. This is my dream to see a huge GN'R stadium show in Paris (my city). A big big show.  beer
2) "I vote for a small, club tour to start out": think bigger. don't you have ambition?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 06:11:19 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2004, 11:45:46 PM »

Ok a huge stadium tour..is bad news. They prolly won't find a promotor anyway that would do that. They weren't selling out the arenas on the last tour. I vote for a small, club tour to start out.
1) a bad news? excuse me?? bad news for YOU, because for me it would be the most exiting news for years in the GN'R world. This is my dream to see a huge GN'R stadium show in Paris (my city). A big big show.? beer
2) "I vote for a small, club tour to start out": think bigger. don't you have ambition?

*shrugs* I just would love to see them in a small venue. I just think it would be a huge mistake for them to try to fill venues like the last tour and lose money. How about a small venue tour in the States and an arena tour in Europe? Then we're both happy Smiley

Ayla

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2004, 07:10:10 AM »

1) a bad news? excuse me?? bad news for YOU, because for me it would be the most exiting news for years in the GN'R world. This is my dream to see a huge GN'R stadium show in Paris (my city). A big big show.? beer

*shrugs* I just would love to see them in a small venue. I just think it would be a huge mistake for them to try to fill venues like the last tour and lose money. How about a small venue tour in the States and an arena tour in Europe? Then we're both happy Smiley

Ayla

That wouldn't be a bad  Idea, AXL is still worshipped over here in europe, Unlike the US.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 07:12:28 AM by SON OF A PREACHER » Logged

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2004, 10:28:38 AM »

People forget how little hype was behind the last tour.  If he really wanted to he could have sold out at nearly every venue, if there had been a bit of promotion.

From now on the most important thing will be that people feel he is actually going to turn up.  Fans have lost money booking tickets and there is no show. I know people who won't get that back now.  That's the wages that they wake up every morning and work 8+ hours  to earn. 

Aslong as they make sure the tour is well planned out so that there's next to no chance of needing to cancel then people will go.  GN'R is a massive name.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: