Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my excuse for axl taking so long!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: my excuse for axl taking so long!  (Read 4454 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: September 23, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

I think most people dont have any clue as to the work and effort it takes to find bandmembers that have chemistry and can work together.

Is it a coincidence that VR are together and no matter who else they played with they never accomplished anything?

VR are a great band because the chemistry was already there, its alot easier finding a rhythm player, who had previously played with slash, and a vocalist than it is trying to find an entirely new group.

Im a low scaled independent musician and i cant find the right players to play my kind of music, so i cant imagine the years and struggle it took axl to find the right guys to make his band.

Thing is, axl has found the right players, the players that have the ability and chemistry.

U can find great players all day long, but finding players that gel and can get on the same page is a whole different beast.

I think some of you think you can place an add in the paper, slap any 5 guys together and call that a band, but u cant, u just friggin cant!

So I think a lot of those years were spent finding the right combination of guys, i mean how long has this final incarnation of GNR been officially together?

I think each member possesses the talent the old Guns had but are capable of taking GNR to a whole new horizon and are gonna be able to produce new sounding great music.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 10:04:01 PM »

you guys on this board keep me more hyped up about the goddamn album than any of the current members' interviews and quotes.

maintain!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 10:08:37 PM »

Thats is a real interesting thought D ,and yeah I agree that it probably took a long time to find the right players, that Axl thinks can best rebuild Guns.I also think that another hold has been the fact that some of the players leave and come back Robin and hopefully Buckethead.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 01:39:47 AM »

I think most people dont have any clue as to the work and effort it takes to find bandmembers that have chemistry and can work together.

Is it a coincidence that VR are together and no matter who else they played with they never accomplished anything?

VR are a great band because the chemistry was already there, its alot easier finding a rhythm player, who had previously played with slash, and a vocalist than it is trying to find an entirely new group.

Im a low scaled independent musician and i cant find the right players to play my kind of music, so i cant imagine the years and struggle it took axl to find the right guys to make his band.

Thing is, axl has found the right players, the players that have the ability and chemistry.

U can find great players all day long, but finding players that gel and can get on the same page is a whole different beast.

I think some of you think you can place an add in the paper, slap any 5 guys together and call that a band, but u cant, u just friggin cant!

So I think a lot of those years were spent finding the right combination of guys, i mean how long has this final incarnation of GNR been officially together?

I think each member possesses the talent the old Guns had but are capable of taking GNR to a whole new horizon and are gonna be able to produce new sounding great music.

Okay, that's it.  D is Axl  Tongue
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 07:54:58 AM »

D Thank you for this thread. You so nailed it!!

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 08:34:01 AM »

i mean how long has this final incarnation of GNR been officially together?

4 years.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 10:02:13 AM »

4 years.

No, two years.

July 17th, 2002
Guns N' Roses Trade Paul Huge For Psychedelic Furs' Guitarist

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 10:05:12 AM »

4 years.

No, two years.

July 17th, 2002
Guns N' Roses Trade Paul Huge For Psychedelic Furs' Guitarist

Tongue

/jarmo

If we count buckethead leaving then Mar. 17, 2004  Tongue Tongue Tongue

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 01:23:37 PM »

there ya go, and technically 4 years really isnt that long of a wait. I believe axl has had a couple different versions of CD finished or almost finished, but everytime he added a new piece it sparked more creativity.

The thing about music is, its like every artist has a peak, after that peak they still write good music but they never quite capture their peak.

Axl has assembled an ensemble of musicians who have yet to peak creatively and together they are gonna create their peak, their greatest stuff for CD.

We will jump back on the CB argument, good cd, this fits my reasoning above but i dont think u can convince one GNR fan that its better than GNR and i dont think you can convince an STP fan that its better than STP.

The musicians axl has really havent created anything, but you take the best from each of those guys and put it together and its gonna be very interesting.

You just dont replace a band that was Guns N Roses over night, it takes time.

It's damn near impossible to capture the chemistry and magic a band had, so yes it took axl multiple years to find that, but i honestly think he has an army, a collective unit now that are gonna shock the world!

dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 01:31:43 PM »

Here's my excuse.  Axl is making the world wait for the very reason this whole web page even exists.... he wants massive hype and antipication to build up..... he wants people to wonder and ask questions.... he wanted to wait for VR to come out with their average cd to build up more hype and speculation as to when the real deal is coming out!  And he has succeeded! We are hyped and waiting! We are all asking questions!  Contraband came out and sucked and we are even more anxtious then ever for Chinese Democracy! And we are all waiting for the real deal to come out!  Axl has done it again! He used his brain and realized the longer he holds out, the more people will be waiting at the front door of the music store the day it hits shelves! BRILLIANT!

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 05:46:54 PM »

Well D is just saying what Axl said two years ago at the VMA's.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
takeshi
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 05:53:25 PM »

This guy knows as much about Axl putting the band together as some loser wannabe film maker would know about how speilberg puts a movie together. Roll Eyes
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 06:00:18 PM »

This guy knows as much about Axl putting the band together as some loser wannabe film maker would know about how speilberg puts a movie together. Roll Eyes

If you have nothing interesting to add to the conversation,or no arguments to contradict D's point, please stop wasting our time

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 07:20:51 PM »

Here's my excuse.? Axl is making the world wait for the very reason this whole web page even exists.... he wants massive hype and antipication to build up..... he wants people to wonder and ask questions.... he wanted to wait for VR to come out with their average cd to build up more hype and speculation as to when the real deal is coming out!? And he has succeeded! We are hyped and waiting! We are all asking questions!? Contraband came out and sucked and we are even more anxtious then ever for Chinese Democracy! And we are all waiting for the real deal to come out!? Axl has done it again! He used his brain and realized the longer he holds out, the more people will be waiting at the front door of the music store the day it hits shelves! BRILLIANT!

i doubt that was the point behind it. axls just lazy. thats my point of view.  Tongue

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

If you have nothing interesting to add to the conversation,or no arguments to contradict D's point, please stop wasting our time

whohhh dude, relax!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
LionGoddess
Headliner

" I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 08:25:46 PM »

While I do agree that it can take some time to find the right balance in a band, a group of musicians who are on the same page as you musically. However at this point Axl has had plenty of times to find the right people. I don't know why Axl is taking his sweet ass time, I have my theories just like anyone else does. But who knows if mine are correct or not because I don't know Axl. Some people say that is it because Axl wants everything to be perfect and that is why he is taking so long. But is that really the reason? Stop and think about it they're are plenty of artists out there that have the same drive for perfection as Axl does and not all of them have taken this many years to release an album. I think its a terrible situation as it turns some people off to Axl, it has been so long now outside of hardcore fans I am not sure most people even care.

Just because you win don't mean you're the lucky one.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 10:31:51 PM »

Takeshi, i know tons about putting a band together but since u brought it up with what limited brain power u possess, ill elaborate on your post.

We can compare what Axl is doing to a movie.

Think about your favorite movie, the cast of actors that make up each role.

Now would the movie be as good if you threw just random actors into the role? I think not.

Like a movie it takes the right talent,chemistry and ability to make things really click on screen, same way with a band

Look at any band that have went through lineup changes

Look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers for instance, they have chemistry and click with John Frusciante, they make a record with any other guitarist it isnt as good

dave navarro is an amazing guitarist, Chili's did one record and replaced him because it didnt work.

Same with Axl, why do u think axl couldnt have SLash and Zakk Wylde in the same group?

the best players do not equal the best band, even with sports, look at the Lakers, they added two hall of famers and were suppose to be unbeatable, they lost, the Dream Team etc etc

without chemistry u dont have shit.? It takes time to find that right Chemistry, this has contributed to the delay.

So takeshi before you call me a name, lets hear at least one brilliant post, just one brilliant sentence.

We are waiting, ill check back in a couple weeks and see if you thought of anything.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:38:25 PM by D » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2004, 10:15:32 AM »

Look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers for instance, they have chemistry and click with John Frusciante, they make a record with any other guitarist it isnt as good

dave navarro is an amazing guitarist, Chili's did one record and replaced him because it didnt work.

Im pretty sure Ive told you about this before, that's not why they replaced him...!
Dave quit cos he rejoined Jane's Addiction, Flea actually went with him for a while and played an entire tour for Jane's in 1997.
RHCP tracked down John at the end of 1997 and said they wanted him back in the band again, but only if he went to rehab first, which he did. and voila, the best incarnation of the RHCP was back with this album called Californication! ok

Im gonna send you an interview with Dave and Flea from 1997 where they talk a lot about touring with Jane's and the next RHCP album (this was before Dave quit), if I can manage to find it! peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2004, 12:20:09 PM »

yeah but on behind the music,flea and anthony talk how dave is a great guitarist and rockstar but it just didnt work, and it talked how it took them awhile to finish one hot minute, so obviously they didnt have that clicking great chemistry like john and flea has

its nothin against dave, but its just my chemistry issue how every member has to really bond and click.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

yeah but on behind the music,flea and anthony talk how dave is a great guitarist and rockstar but it just didnt work, and it talked how it took them awhile to finish one hot minute, so obviously they didnt have that clicking great chemistry like john and flea has

its nothin against dave, but its just my chemistry issue how every member has to really bond and click.

I'll PM you the interview I was talking about dude ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: