Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  rio 4, some thoughts..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: rio 4, some thoughts..  (Read 4415 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: September 21, 2004, 09:01:28 AM »

I know this is old news, but I always think about the reasons it wasn't played as time goes on..

I think some  pros of the event happening would have been the idea we would have goit a chance to sample a song or two while we wait all this time, it would have been nice to just see the band play, plus I'm sure axl would have spoke alot about whatever was on his mind..
------------
The news we got from the letter was that he wasn't playing rio, bucket was gone, and the album was not done..
I always thought why couldn't they just play the ONE show with two guitar players? It appears they are only using two anyways, and there was months to go before the show.. Worst case tehy could have used a guy to play on the songs, happened during the illsuion tours with matt n gilby..-----------------

Now here's how I feel based on what has happened since.. We got the news in march, it's now almost 6 months, nothing has been told statement wise by axl, just some vague info from tommy n dizzy.. I think that axl just didn't want to play rio, I feel the idea of him having to come out there and play some new songs was a worry..I don't think he wanted to because this would put more pressure on him to release something.. It may be possible that the upocoming album was in such a mess that he didn't even know which songs to play..

I just think this was over a year after the failed tour, people would have expected some kind of info about why the tour was canceled, some positive news about the album, and so on.. I honestly feel regardless of what was said that he didn't want to play the show, I seriously doubt it was so much buckethead's fault, axl had to see these things way before he ever wrote his reasons for not playing, they're suppose to be making an album..

Playing rio would have put pressure on him to deliver, and I don't feel he was trying to do that..
WHy miss on some great publicity to introduce some new tunes, give the band more exposure, prove you don't need buckethead, etc? There's really no logic to missing a show you love to play and can introduce so much in one show to such a massive crowd when you're suppose to be making a come back, plus it shows some interest to the fans after having a tour ending so abruptly..

Does anyone else feel a certain  way about it?
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 10:52:52 AM »

OK. I think the reason of Rio Cancellation was not Buckethead. I believe Axl Wasn't Ready for New album and New songs.
I think Buckethead was used for the cancellation. I don't think he has left and if he has i think he had left long time before rio4.

It looks the same to me as the 2001 European Tour. Buckethead was used  for the postpontment
of the tour. In no way i believe that internal haemmorhage of Buckethead was the reason for no tour in 2001.

I think Axl I tricking as with Buckethead situation to gain more time.
It doesn't Make sense buckethead to leave just before Rio. The guy likes performing. Also he has all the freedom in the world to do his own thing while in GNR. Also that his parts will stay on the CD looks very suspicious to me and i don't think he really left. and also i cannot see brain staying and buckethead leaving.

Time will tell
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 10:52:56 AM »

I think that axl just didn't want to play rio
I know being his track record showed that he played the previous 3 events, one would comclude he didnt want to play the 4th. Huh
It may be possible that the upocoming album was in such a mess that he didn't even know which songs to play..
Run Axl run
WHy miss on some great publicity to introduce some new tunes, give the band more exposure, prove you don't need buckethead, etc?
Because they wouldnt have played the big guns if the album wasnt out or coming out. They dont need to prove they need Bucket or not. To tell you the truth, not many people even know who he is, know he was in the band, or know that he quit.

There's really no logic to missing a show you love to play and can introduce so much in one show to such a massive crowd when you're suppose to be making a come back, plus it shows some interest to the fans after having a tour ending so abruptly..
Sure there is. Bucket left. They didnt know what they wanted to do in terms of his replacement. Why play a shopw if one of your vital members has left? Why play another show if the album isnt going to come out before or shortly after that show?
So you would have been happy if they played that show and said, "oh CD is coming out in a few months"....then you would have been pissed he didnt give a concrete date....

What is so hard to understand about the fact that this band wont be doing anything until the album is ready. WHy? Because otherwise we will have 2002 all over again. SO stop complaining and talking about something that happened awhile ago.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 10:55:17 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 11:07:03 AM »

You never heasr about a replacement, and tommy said they were fine with 2 guitarists.. To say no one even knew who buckethead was is rediculous, I feel more people knew who he was by rio 4 then they did the other members besides dizzy n axl.. How can you forget seeing some dude wearing a chicken bucket, a mask n a raincoat? By rio 4 (being they played rio 3-vmas) everyone who would see gnr would know the band was different..

I just wonder what the rio 4 would have done ,play the one show then be gone for a half year or so, why emerge for one show after over a year of nothing, just to go back into hiding afterwards? Doing the show would mean they would have to progress, you casn't keep touring n performing with nothing to offer the fans.. I mean you physically can, by why bother unless you're trying to do something n move forward.. Sure they played the other shows, but they were progressing before.. I think something was suppose to happen after the 2002 tour..

I just though they could have gave it a shot, they had months before the show, it wasn't a tour, they could have played with 2 guitarists..  I mean is there even a word of another guitarist now?? I think there was nothing to do after the show so why not just miss it, buckethead is the scapegoat in alot of new gnr's misses. When you are about to play one show in a span of two years you make sure to make it..

These are just MY feelings, it's just trying to make sence of these things..
We're dying to hear some positive news, and then dizzy says forget november, possibly february.. Seems like alot of people are very unsure
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 04:14:12 PM »

To tell you the truth, not many people even know who he (Buckethead) is, know he was in the band, or know that he quit.

I agree.? Whenever I mention 'Buckethead' to the casual GN'R fan I usually get the 'Who the f--- is that!?' look.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:23:48 PM »

To tell you the truth, not many people even know who he (Buckethead) is, know he was in the band, or know that he quit.

I agree.? Whenever I mention 'Buckethead' to the casual GN'R fan I usually get the 'Who the f--- is that!?' look.

The casual gnr fan doesn't know alot of things, I was talking about somone that was going to rio... I have alot of freinds my age and into their 30's that never heard of CD, or anyon ein the band.. That's a given, my thing was people in rio going to these shows would be more likely to know becasuse they probably saw rio 3..

Anyways I just thought it would have been cool to try without buckethead... Then part of me thinks axl didn't do it because of bucket head, he might have just had nothing to offer in the next 6 months and counting so why even do the show? Before everything was progressing(rio 3, vmas, europe, japan, usa tour). Now everything is moving slow..

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 04:24:11 PM »

if bh didnt quit, i think we would have the album by now

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 04:30:59 PM »

You also knew it was coming out in 2003 - so what do you know?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 04:32:55 PM »

I can agree, definetly couldn't have hurt, but axl also said he felt that he could take the recording up since he was gone.. It's very possible dave, but it seems like most of the actuall recording has been done for some time now, the album just seems to be getting pushed back..
estranged.1098
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 05:58:08 PM »

I think that axl just didn't want to play rio
I know being his track record showed that he played the previous 3 events, one would comclude he didnt want to play the 4th. Huh

Guns only played Rock in Rio 2 (1991) and 3 (2001).

I disagree with dave-gnfnr2k's opinion - but is that really necessary? Come on, people should be able to post I think... posts in this forum without getting some hate from another member.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 06:17:57 PM »

I disagree with dave-gnfnr2k's opinion - but is that really necessary? Come on, people should be able to post I think... posts in this forum without getting some hate from another member.

Booker has a thing for Dave. We all know that.  hihi

I think he wanted to play the show. Why would he agree to do it otherwise?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 06:34:15 PM »

I just wonder what the rio 4 would have done ,play the one show then be gone for a half year or so, why emerge for one show after over a year of nothing, just to go back into hiding afterwards? Doing the show would mean they would have to progress, you casn't keep touring n performing with nothing to offer the fans.. I mean you physically can, by why bother unless you're trying to do something n move forward.. Sure they played the other shows, but they were progressing before.. I think something was suppose to happen after the 2002 tour..
I think if you would answer your own questions before you post you wouldnt need to post.
GNR WILL NOT be doing anything until the album is ready to go. NO BUcket=no tour, no finished album
it wasn't a tour
but you just stated that if they arent going to have an album out ready to go they shouldnt tour  Huh

it's just trying to make sence of these things
keep trying
The casual gnr fan doesn't know alot of things, I was talking about somone that was going to rio
I was talking about the mianstream public.

from what I dug up awhile ago...the plan was for Rio to be the launch of the album and tour. Buckets departure put a monkey wrench into things.....

The peopel who say that this is a band of hired guns are the same peopel who complain that Axl didnt go on and do Rio. You cant have it both ways. Even though many of you fail to realize that this is a band, and Buckethead was a vital part of the band, that his departure forced them to change thier plans. if Slash left the band prior to RIo 2 would GNR go out and perform for that show? Nope...

GNR will not be doing anything until the album is done. So stop complaining that they arent doing anything. Because when they did do something, just to get out of the studio back in 2002, many of you complained that they didnt follow it up. SO let the band finish whatever they have to finish and when the album is ready you will get 2 maybe 3 chances to see GNr live in the next few yrs. As Tommy has said, they will be touring a lot when the album is ready. Makes plenty of sense to me

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 07:11:08 PM »

I think if you would answer your own questions before you post you wouldnt need to post.
GNR WILL NOT be doing anything until the album is ready to go. NO BUcket=no tour, no finished album

I was just stating a pro and con to doing rio.. How much could have had to be done when he left? I had said he could have done the show for a few good reasons, I don't believe that he couldn't do the show without buckethead, then how could he keep recording without him, why wouldn't they find a replacement?

If axl didn't want to do the show because of not having anything ready, then he should have never suggested it, it's not like when they signed up to do it that buckethead wasn't already erratic and fufilling contract obligations,,,this stuff doesn't just happen over a week, it had to be going on for a while..
YG, why would axl agree to do rio when he knew buckethead was not doing his parts as stated by axl? I hope they aren't doing their parts in different sessions and no one knew who was accomplishing what? Huh

I'll admitt that this was a lose lose type of situation because it was just one show, and they weren't going to have anything ready, but you have to say it would have been nice to play an old set with a new song or two just to hear the progress and more samples to wet everyone's appetite.. There's nothing worse then a cancelation after such a stretch of bad news.. I think them going on stage and performing would have been a sign of good faith towards the fans and that they were moving on..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 07:21:29 PM »

from what I dug up awhile ago...

Huh
the plan was for Rio to be the launch of the album and tour. Buckets departure put a monkey wrench into things.....

Then why did his departure help Guns take their recording[/i] that one extra step futher?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 08:11:58 PM »

from what I dug up awhile ago...

Huh
the plan was for Rio to be the launch of the album and tour. Buckets departure put a monkey wrench into things.....

Then why did his departure help Guns take their recording[/i] that one extra step futher?
Because it's magic rofl

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 10:03:13 PM »

That has nothing to do with what their original plans were. Their original plans were to release CD around Rio. Bucket left, and they had to re organize themselves. With his departure maybe they can do something else, who knows...Im not going to sit here and tell you what he means by that because I have no clue

sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 02:21:06 AM »

Isn't this situation a little like when Izzy quited just after the release of UYI 1 & 2? Maybe Axl would have never released the UYI we know if Izzy would have splitted before releasing the album.

I don't think Axl is lying and using bucket as an excuse. After all this time he has always done whatever he likes to do, he doesn't need an excuse because he won't give a damn for whatever people say. If his intensions would really have been of not playing rio 4 he would just have said he wouldn't play without explaining anything.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 03:01:56 AM »

Their original plans were to release CD around Rio.

Again, Huh

You know this how...?

I find it hard to believe that a band ready to take recording one step further was all set to release an album.  But apparently youre the insider, so feel free to share your sources.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 11:45:08 AM »

YG, why would axl agree to do rio when he knew buckethead was not doing his parts as stated by axl?
According to Axl, he never new Bucket was in and out of the band. Plus we dont know when they signed up for Rio.

I find it hard to believe that a band ready to take recording one step further was all set to release an album.  But apparently youre the insider, so feel free to share your sources.
Again, if Bucket was still in the band, they were ready to go with that material. Now that he left, they are able to do other things that they wouldnt have done if he was still there.
I am not the insider nor do I claim to be one. I basically know as much as you or anyone else here...nothing....but over the years I have tried to sink my own teeth into people who might know what actually is going on. And I was led to believe that Rio was the launching point for the album and tour. I never proclaim anything or start rumors, so please dont group me in the insider category.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: