Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 10:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228150 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can Axl redeem himself?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl redeem himself?  (Read 11127 times)
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: September 20, 2004, 10:53:07 PM »

After all that has happened over the past few years, including cancelled shows, a delayed album, slack from the press, and an ever changing line-up of band member's, can Axl redeem himself and become the saviour of rock once again?

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 11:00:58 PM »

we will know after we hear the last note of CD

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 11:03:36 PM »

Yeah but only if Cd kick major ass, and he can do a fucking tour with out haveing a major fuck up.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 11:48:09 PM »

Would you be here if you didn't think he could?

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 11:51:06 PM »

I actually think that if the album comes out (which I doubt it ever will) Axl has a pretty good shot of redeeming himself.  He really didn't get as much press during "Round 1" as some of the posters here make it seem.  At this point, no press is good press, if you get my drift.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 11:59:36 PM »

Sure he can redeem himself, release a record and complete a tour is redemption enough.

Saviour of rock is goofy talk, putting a final shine on a tarnished perception is much more realistic.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Sterlingdog
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 12:35:39 AM »

Personally, I don't think he needs to "redeem" himself.  His erratic behavior and unpredictablity is part of what makes him Axl Rose.  I don't think any less of him now than I did 10 years ago.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 03:36:22 AM »

Personally, I don't think he needs to "redeem" himself.? His erratic behavior and unpredictablity is part of what makes him Axl Rose.? I don't think any less of him now than I did 10 years ago.

Agreed. And as a "sorta" PR person..there is such a thing as bad press. TO SOME. To us, we know its just Axl being Axl. But to promoters and venues, it IS bad press and his bad rep. Which in turn hurts us fans. Not only are they against his "bad tude" and the giant that is Clear Channel, there might be less venues to play. Which we might get screwed on. Higher ticket prices, longer drives to venues. He really needs a smart PR person (not saying thats me, I'm just now learning about the trade) that would know how to make us fans happy AND the "higher ups." Gotta let Axl be Axl, but somehow not let hims fuck himself, like he sorta always does (which isn't all his fault, like I said its music biz bullshit). I think its very hard to let a artist be an artist sometimes, when its all driven by money, not art.

And I don't think we need a rock savior. We just need Axl back, going on tour and giving us his art. Fuck the music biz and charts. I HOPE they don't become "ultra huge" again. Axl will go back in hiding on us again and he will face the same demons he had to before. I want us fans to love the CD, see them in a small venue and all the haters to leave us alone!

Ayla

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 05:43:40 AM »

The CD and Tour will tell!!

I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 10:55:46 AM »

It all depends on how they market the album..If they come out solid as one and make their rounds they should do good regardless of how it sounds, but if they do this band is never seen together live era type campaign then who knows..

Being it is the gnr name the initial sales will do well because of the established fan base..

I seriously think they need to be somewhat mtv friendly, they need a video..  It's a different world then when they left the scene, emo is big, hip hop n rap is huge, they definetly need to put an effort into it.. Please don't say they definetly will have videos because of the 13 million + put into this album, one never knows when it comes to axl..

I think it's different in the states then say the uk, I think gnr will be big in europe, but they'l need to make an effort for the USA...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 11:00:32 AM »

Please don't say they definetly will have videos because of the 13 million + put into this album, one never knows when it comes to axl..
LOL, if you dont think there will be videos your smokin some good stuff

Will they be as big as old gnr? Absolutely not. But theres no reason for them not to be the leaders of the rock world. Theres no reaosn to be where VR is right now but much more. Its all going to hinder on the music. If Axl and the band deliver a masterpiece of an album, people wont deny it. If Axl has written some all time great songs, he will elevate his rock status even more. If it bombs hes going to be taking a big hit.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 11:11:23 AM »

He doesn't even mention the album for years, so why is not seeing a video impossible, he'll take forever on this one album.. Sitting there tweaking the same songs over n over isn't doing anything, you either have it or you don't, you can only improve so much..

Chinese d has been mentioned now for like 4 years, how long does it take to do on album.. As for those other albums I'll believe it when i see one of them.. Everything is hear say, nothing is in stone anywhere..How can there be no set dates for anything?
Sterlingdog
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 11:16:17 AM »

I seriously think they need to be somewhat mtv friendly,

I agree, they will probably need the support of MTV to gain many younger fans.? I suspect that won't be a problem, considering Kurt Loder's fondess for Axl/GNR.?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 01:29:34 PM »

I seriously think they need to be somewhat mtv friendly,

I agree, they will probably need the support of MTV to gain many younger fans.? I suspect that won't be a problem, considering Kurt Loder's fondess for Axl/GNR.?

Kurt loder, yeah he's been covering the gnr stuff for a long time.. Such a shame though that he gives an interview like a teenage girl who is interviewing timberlake.. hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 01:36:04 PM »

Redeem himself??

Yes

Restore himself to his "Savior of Rock" "Face of Rock" status??

I don't think so, just because the idea of a "Rock Star" is sort of a bloated 70'- 80's concept. One man will never get that sort of attention again (unless things change (could he change them?))

"Video killed the radio star".........well, "Nirvana killed the Rock Star"
AylaRose28
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 02:06:15 PM »

I don't think so, just because the idea of a "Rock Star" is sort of a bloated 70'- 80's concept. One man will never get that sort of attention again (unless things change (could he change them?))

LMAO! How true! Great insight Smiley

I sure do miss rock stars tho. We need them badly. What happened to "fun" in music? I thought for sure the Darkness might bring it back..but that must have fizzled out. Sad

Ayla

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 03:48:57 PM »

LMAO! How true! Great insight Smiley

I sure do miss rock stars tho. We need them badly. What happened to "fun" in music? I thought for sure the Darkness might bring it back..but that must have fizzled out. Sad

Ayla

The darkness seemed to fissle out on their own, lack of new material.. I have chatted with people in the uk and they say they're pretty big.. Everyone fades unless they keep up their material..
AylaRose28
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 03:55:25 PM »

true true..

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 04:09:40 PM »

Redeem himself??? He has done nothing to disappoint me yet. There's no clear proof that he was responsable for the concert cancels,and from what I know,he's just taking his time to create an album I'll love.

Whenever I have doubts,I watch the RIR bootleg.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 04:24:36 PM »

All he has to do is release a great album.  And with all the time and money that has been invested in CD I don't think he has much to worry about. nervous

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: