Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 01:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Whatever Happened to Axl's Sense of Style?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever Happened to Axl's Sense of Style?  (Read 9368 times)
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2004, 01:20:27 PM »

I am going to have to agree that axl does not dress cool anymore.  He is not in style for the times in giant jerseys and braids.  His look would be in style for a rapper not a rock n roll singer.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 03:13:35 PM »

It seems like Axl is going for a more modern style, but unfortunately the style isn't that flattering to Axl. I agree that the jerseys look more like they are for a rapper instead of a rock star. I also don't think oversize jerseys are that fashionable in the first place. They make a person look more sloppy in my opinion. I do like braids, but it's just not a flattering hairstyle for Axl.

I do like most of Axl's 80's style but come on the biker shorts are one thing I do not miss. I wouldn't want him to go back to the kilts either. 

I really liked Axl's RIR3 look. It suited him well. He still looked like a rock star without looking dated.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2004, 03:53:55 PM »

like Acquiesce said i also like how he looked in rock in rio 3 , the dragon shirt and the hair looked pretty cool , i think he should keep that look , i dont know why he change it but well , and yes i was little when Axl used to wear those shorts , but people make fun of that also .

i think that he will have a different look when he appear in public again . i havent seen any picture of las vegas 2001 , can anyone post one of the concert?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2004, 04:16:34 PM »

like Acquiesce said i also like how he looked in rock in rio 3 , the dragon shirt and the hair looked pretty cool , i think he should keep that look , i dont know why he change it but well , and yes i was little when Axl used to wear those shorts , but people make fun of that also .

i think that he will have a different look when he appear in public again . i havent seen any picture of las vegas 2001 , can anyone post one of the concert?

you can go to newgnr.com and find some concert pics and also on the rare axl pics thread on this forum, you'll find a couple of pics taken by fans outside of the concert on the same night..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2004, 04:23:47 PM »

All I have to say is that if the music is awesome then what the hell do we care about the crappy look. (by the way my G-friend is very disapointed too by the overzised cloths)
Sterlingdog
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2004, 06:13:04 PM »

I seriously doubt he ever decided to put on a kilt so others would think he looked cool.  I don't remember anyone at the time saying "wow, sweet, I'm gonna go buy me a kilt too!"  But he did get a reaction and did get people to notice, which I'm guessing was his main goal.  In which case, he's been pretty successful with the braids, cause everyone remembers it from the VMA's and we are all still talking about it 2 years later.  So good for him. 
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2004, 06:17:17 PM »

i think that he will have a different look when he appear in public again .

Same here, I have a feeling the braids and oversized jerseys might be gone next time we see him. Has he ever really kept the same look for very long?

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2004, 06:46:10 PM »

For fucks sake!

Endlessly talking about a 42 year old's clothing is very VERY gay

Give it a break

If it bothers u so much go follow another band other wise shut up - we have this thread every 25 mins

''blah blah i hate the braids''

Well go to his house and fuckin' cut them off them.

Axl always dressed weird - its called rock n' roll and its why GNR were so distinctive - now go back to inane threads about axl's teeth or whether Buckethead is better than Slash confused

hihi

Axl's style is still just that:  Axl's style
 ok
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2004, 08:01:07 PM »

Axl has always worn some strange outfits.  Running around in a catcher's chest protector and a kilt is not exactly the greatest fashion statement ever.  Nor are spandex bike shorts and see through net shirts.  I'd rather see him wearing jerseys and braids than that stuff
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2004, 08:55:02 PM »

In some photos its like hes trying to look like Eddie Vedder. His hairs permed and dyed light brown...well maybe it was a wig. But whatever. Axl was by far the coolest when he wore leather and dressed like Slash-leather pants/jacket, jeans, tshirts. Even the biker shorts were kind of a signature for him. If he broke those out on occasion everyone will probably at least relate to that better.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2004, 09:05:20 PM »

on wonder cd has never came out... god hes to damn paranoid to come out in public cause you fucks give to much thought into wat he wears
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2004, 09:40:52 PM »

Yeah, I know he's older, but I think there's a better way to mature in your style than sports jerseys and braids.? I don't see Jon Bon Frickin' Jovi with braids and sports jerseys (I did, however, see Jani Lane with a mohawk and wallet chain, and Tommy Lee with a Coolio haircut back when that was popular.?

Bon Jovi  looks like a total Homo....I'm not sure what he is, a musician or a Model boy?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

Axl has always worn some strange outfits.  Running around in a catcher's chest protector and a kilt is not exactly the greatest fashion statement ever.  Nor are spandex bike shorts and see through net shirts.  I'd rather see him wearing jerseys and braids than that stuff

i think the net shirts kicked @$$..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004, 10:17:28 PM »

Axl has a presence that is untouchable.... when GnR performed at the Freddy Mercury Concert back in 92, GnR was in their prime.... when axl stepped on stage, he had never looked cooler.... he was undoubtably the star of the night as he strutted on stage wearing his British flagged jacket and Dr. Martins.....  then when I saw Axl come out of his 10 year old shell at the VMA's, he looked totally different but at the same time refreshed... you can say what you want about his style but in the end it's still Axl and you can't knock him..... he can still make a football jersey look cool and braids a fashion trend because he's Axl and everyone loves the guy. You can say you wish he still looked the same as he did in 1988, but would you want to look the way you did in 1988 and wear clothes from 1988? The world evolves and so do people.

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2004, 11:54:24 PM »

White cowboy hat with sheriff star + kilt + umpire's chestplate = successful Axl comeback

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2004, 11:55:23 PM »

look at brides of destruction.. look at sebastian bach.. they still have their style that they were known for before. i agree with the one who created this thread; when it comes to style, i just don't think oversized jerseys and oversized pants do him justice. the braids, i couldn't care less about.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2004, 12:29:51 AM »

ok well i tend to argue that axl does dress cool compared to the listed artists below.....? ?

for fucks sake get off his fucking ass..
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2004, 04:04:35 PM »

Axl has always worn some strange outfits.? Running around in a catcher's chest protector and a kilt is not exactly the greatest fashion statement ever.? Nor are spandex bike shorts and see through net shirts.? I'd rather see him wearing jerseys and braids than that stuff

thats fuckin' right dude,
it's hard to beleive that some people here actually want that back, it's was cool for it's time but yeah, chest protector n' bike shorts wouldnt go to well in 2004'.

the only jersey i didnt like that was to baggy was at MSG 02' during YCBM, the rest were? pretty cool,

are some of you gay hihi

n' plus, quit sayin' he looks more of a rapper n' shit, if he did he would be wearin' heavy gold chains with all the bullshit that comes along with it, hell, some of you's think Fred Durst is a rock star!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 04:08:59 PM by ClintroN - Red Roses For The Devils Whore » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2004, 04:43:30 PM »

//RQ, so anyone with braides is on axl's dick..? Glad he invented them.. hihi
anarchy
VIP

Smug