Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Demon Alcohol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Demon Alcohol  (Read 14044 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: September 20, 2004, 01:02:25 AM »

I'm starting to reconsider the benefits of drinking.  There are three things I like to do when I'm drunk - talk aggressively to people, hit on girls, and bounce off the walls like a lunatic.  Unfortunately, this weekend it got me into a lot of trouble.  Friday night I went to a party at a friend's house, where I hit on her and all her friends...a bit of groping was involved.  I felt bad about it the next day, so I called and apologized, although she seemed fine with it ("we all do stuff like that when we're drunk").

If Friday made me think about the negative consequences of drinking, Saturday smacked me upside the head with them.  A friend of mine came over to the university and we were partying on my floor with people.  We drank six shots of vodka and then went around wandering the streets, eventually going to the Student Ghetto (so called because the houses are really shitty, and a lot of students live there).  There was a party going on in one of the houses, and I went in there a few times, although it started to become clear that The Homeowner didn't want me there.  It seemed pretty lame, though.  But then I lost my buddy, and I was walking up and down the streets calling out for him.  So I stumbled back to the party again, and The Homeowner's tough-looking, beer-swilling friend is telling me to go away, and I tell him to fuck off.  The Homeowner, though, says, "Hey, let him in, man, whatever."  I go inside, my friend isn't there, I go back out.  And then Tough Guy pushes me in the chest and tells me to get the fuck out.  And, being drunk, I tell him, "FUCK YOU!"  That would be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Tough Guy grabs me in a crushing choke hold and drags me right down the street.  I can't even breathe and I struggle to get out because I'm a skinny guy.  Somebody manages to get him off me, and this really nice upper-year girl walks me home.  And it's a good thing she did, too, because I was absolutely destroyed.  I kept on blubbering the whole way home, about how my friend was missing, about how I hated the university (or at least I did that night), about how I was going to kill the guy that choked me.  But anyway, she brought me back to my dorm and up to my room.  But of course I had a bit of drunken stupidity left in me, and I tried to hit on her, told her to stay in my room.  She gave a mild laugh and said, "Have a good night," and that was that.  In an amazing stroke of luck, my friend showed up 10 minutes later.  He had found my floormates and gone back with them.

I woke up the next morning to my very first hangover, and found that my wallet was either lost or stolen, because I looked through the whole room and it wasn't there.  I only had 10 bucks in there, but a whole bunch of cards that it'll be a big hassle to replace.

Drinking has always been fun for me, as a very extroverted, animated drinker.  But last night, it got me into a lot of shit.  I really am a different person when I'm drunk - a definite Jekyll-and-Hyde kind of thing.  I don't think I'll be drinking for a while (at least a few weeks).  Maybe this will be a funny drinking story in a while.  But it was kind of a shock to me, a point where drinking stopped being harmless fun and got me into a really dangerous situation.  I don't really drink all that often, because I don't have a fake ID.  But when I do drink, I get pretty wild.

Did anybody else here have a certain moment where the novelty of getting drunk wore off and they thought maybe they'd better adjust their behaviour a little bit?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 02:09:40 AM »

9-10-04 was seven years of no drinking for me.

I stopped for a reason(s).

Quality of life and integrity topped the list.

If you don't like who you are when you drink.....

Don't drink.

If you are smart enough to question it now, be even smarter and stop now.

There are a million stories of sorrow out there.

Why make it a million and one?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 02:14:07 AM »

Wow, not even wine?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 02:16:28 AM »

Wow, not even wine?

Nothing.

I quit everything on that day in 1997.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 03:28:13 AM »

I've done some stupid things.

Most of which involve ladies which is fair play.

From the ages of 15 - 21 was always quite sensible. My friends would always be throwing up or be kicked out of pubs, or something. I was always the funny drunk.

But from the ages of 21 onwards drinking has become somewhat of a  problem: I won't go into detail, but it has caused relationship problems between me and the people I hold close.

Y'see when I drink it's not 6 vodkas, or 10 pints. When I hit 10 pints I can't stop there. I dri nk very quickly too. If there's 15 beer in the house, I'll drink them all. If I have money to buy beer after beer, I will.

I'm not violent. I like a bit of craic. You may think "ach well, sure as long as you're not hurting anyone" but if you'd seen some of the states I've been in because of drink, or the after afects (shaking, waking up screaming, others I am far too embaresed to say) you wouldn't find it so funny.

I had to leave Ireland because of my habits. I was drinking as long as I had money. 4-5 times per week. I always thought I was ok, because my friends did it too, I now realise we all had problems.

But I still drink, I always will.
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 03:33:22 AM »

Sound like a normal weekend for someone in your age. Or at least mine used to be the same back when i was just turned 18.

Now i can go to a pub and drink just few ciders and then go back home, no fights or anything stupid. Usually.

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 03:59:21 AM »

I've done some stupid things.

Most of which involve ladies which is fair play.

From the ages of 15 - 21 was always quite sensible. My friends would always be throwing up or be kicked out of pubs, or something. I was always the funny drunk.

But from the ages of 21 onwards drinking has become somewhat of a? problem: I won't go into detail, but it has caused relationship problems between me and the people I hold close.

Y'see when I drink it's not 6 vodkas, or 10 pints. When I hit 10 pints I can't stop there. I dri nk very quickly too. If there's 15 beer in the house, I'll drink them all. If I have money to buy beer after beer, I will.

I'm not violent. I like a bit of craic. You may think "ach well, sure as long as you're not hurting anyone" but if you'd seen some of the states I've been in because of drink, or the after afects (shaking, waking up screaming, others I am far too embaresed to say) you wouldn't find it so funny.

I had to leave Ireland because of my habits. I was drinking as long as I had money. 4-5 times per week. I always thought I was ok, because my friends did it too, I now realise we all had problems.

Wow im a spitting image of you im only nineteen but im starting to realise theres a problem cause im starting to drink daily even by myself ahhh... never thought that would happen.ive been drinking since i was 14 it probably doesnt help that i have a pretty strong irish german backround
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 05:24:50 AM »

I usually have a big piss up with all my mates and our group from school every couple of weeks. But lately it's been kinda u know repetitive. I'm kind of looking forward to turning 18 and going to pubs and meeting new people and stuff. Because when my friends and i drink we do crazy shit and lately it's gotten me into trouble.

I like having alcohol because i'm a shy person and when i have it i can be myself a bit more and the opposite sex doesn't seem as scary when i'm tipsy or drunk lol.

But it does give me a big mouth and when people do somehthing i don't like i will say what i think. Not to long ago i got into an argument with a guy who got some friends down to bash me, but cos i had some mates with me and talked me out of getting into a fight nothing happened. If gettin into fights and putting up with hangovers continues i wont drink 4 2 much longer.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 09:32:11 AM »

Same here. I kinda stopped the "heavy drinking" after 18 though. I did some stupid things when I was 16 and drunk, but never any fight or shit like this. Now I got my wine with dinner, I'm fine with that. It always makes me laugh when people are "drunk" on Miller lite or Coors lite around here...lol I mean come on, this is water, this is not even beer, how can you be drunk with that?? Grin
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 09:34:00 AM by Will » Logged

Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 10:28:07 AM »

Yeah, Alcohol can be great.. and sometimes it can make you pull a fat bird- damn those beer goggles.

Beware the fat birds buying you drinks  Undecided  yes

« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 12:25:27 PM by Mattgnr » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 10:29:56 AM »

I used to drink pretty much nonstop.? I don't believe I was ever really an alchoholic, but I partied every night and it got to the point that I would get a hangover if I didn't drink.? I really like talking to people and making new friends, but I'm more introverted than extroverted, so I haven't done that many stupid things when drunk.? After I started drinking, I quickly picked up pot smoking (actually, the pot smoking might have come first, I don't even remember now) and that has been more of a problem for me.

Smoking pot is just something I love to do.? No matter where I'm at, no matter what I'm doing, I'd rather be stoned than sober.? It's not the same with getting drunk, most of the time, I'd rather not be drunk, or I don't drink to the point of getting drunk anymore.? I've quit pot a couple of times but never been able to shake it completely.? I smoke it now, but in extremely small quantities.? Pot, unlike alcohol, generally doesn't make you do stupid things (unless you combine the two), but it can also make you lazy.? If you do it right, it can make you focus in on something too, so I used to get stoned right before playing a game of football, and just tear it up, until about an hour in when I would get really tired.  It really can help you focus, unlike what it usually does.  I used to get so focused in on catching the football that I'd pay no attention to what was around me, and injured myself pretty badly a few times, and one time had to go to the emergency room.  I never dropped the ball, though.   Grin? ?It's great for writing music and playing music too, but it doesn't really inspire you to get off your ass if you've been lazy about cleaning your place, for example.

Along with pot there has been other drugs, but I never really had a problem resisting the urge to constantly do the rest.? Besides, last time I tried to shroom, I started vomiting and it went on for a whole day.? ?confused drool

SLC, I think you quitting cold turkey and never looking back speaks volumes about your character.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 10:39:04 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 02:04:59 PM »

SLC, I think you quitting cold turkey and never looking back speaks volumes about your character.

Thanks. Everytime I'm up skiing somewhere, or hiking.....it reminds me of how worth it, it was.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 02:41:51 PM »

you people are weak.

i love alcohol. it's a great thing.

just don't let it control you. learn to be a happy drunk. and let the good times roll!  beer

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 03:16:19 PM »

you people are weak.

just don't let it control you. learn to be a happy drunk. and let the good times roll!? beer

Have fun.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 03:30:43 PM »

you people are weak.

just don't let it control you. learn to be a happy drunk. and let the good times roll!? beer

Actually, I think the weaker person is someone who needs alcohol to have fun! Not that I am totally against alcohol, but I don't see the appeal in being drunk.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 03:30:44 PM »

Alcohol works well for me, I'm never aggressive or otherwise annoying, I'm just in a good mood and happy most of the time. OK, once I start guzzling tequila, I might get into something stupid, but then again I've also done lots of great, dissolute things while drunk.. the stuff of legends!  Smiley

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 03:57:19 PM »

Like someone before me said: If you don't like yourself when you drink,don't drink.
  I love myself when I drink! I'm in an excellent mood and nothing makes me angry or upset.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 04:24:48 PM »

If alcohol is a demon, then I?m clearly possesed.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 04:29:28 PM »

9-10-04 was seven years of no drinking for me.

Thats excellent dude, really ok

when the weekend hits, i cant help myself, straight to the pub n' take aways for the night.
No shit guys, me n' the guitarist in my band went through a bottle of Rum in 45 minutes, i couldnt bloody beleive it and when i wake up after the night, the first thing a do is look for a drink and keep goin' until sunday night, plus were on a mission to get some buds, it's not good!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Chris Misfit
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 04:36:36 PM »

It always makes me laugh when people are "drunk" on Miller lite or Coors lite around here...lol I mean come on, this is water, this is not even beer, how can you be drunk with that??

Some of my friends in Ireland drink that shit, even normal Miller is water. I dunno how many of those things I'd need to get drunk, possibly run out of money before that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: