Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:23:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  question about those that claim to talk to gnr's managment
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: question about those that claim to talk to gnr's managment  (Read 9251 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: September 18, 2004, 03:15:12 PM »

I have seen a few people claim to know/talk to merch or whoever else involved with gnr and I was wondering how do you go about knowing if they really do?

This is by far not a knock to whoever claims to know them, I just want to know how someone on the board will know you're telling the truth compared to someone that says they know something and spread rumors?

I've seen a few people claim to know the managment and talk to them, but being nothing seems to happen witht the band there is no way to tell if anyone is telling the truth.. I can say hey I talked to so and so and they said this then claim later things changed or whatever, just want to know how someone running a board verify this?

I've only come across three people that claim to be know them, one seems to be able to get on the horn and see what's going on, but as an average joe at the computer I can't tell if they're telling the truth..

I'm not going to say a  name, but once there was a possibiltiy that brain was out of the band, and the person said I just called axl's managment and  asked about brain, and not only did they say he was still in the band, but at the moment he is currently laying down percussion for the album.. Now how the hell can someone know if that's true or not?

thanks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »

Oh you must be talking about Mysteron.....

When he says he'll forward me an e-mail as proof, I usually get it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 05:01:34 PM »

Oh you must be talking about Mysteron.....

When he says he'll forward me an e-mail as proof, I usually get it.

/jarmo

Thanks, I had heard about him and doing that.. I was talking about another person, I just don't want to mentione names.. Possibly they had the same story with brain?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 05:04:35 PM »

I don't remember hearing about Brain from him....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 05:14:09 PM »

I don't remember hearing about Brain from him....

/jarmo

Ok, this was on another site, there was some doubt about amonth ago wether he was still in the band, and the admin of the board posted that they called gnr's managment to dispell the rumor before it took a life of it's own.. The reply was I talked to blank and they said brain is stillin gnr, and as we speak he's laying down percussion for the album..The time period was about 4-5 weeks ago.. I was wondering how one knows if someone actually talks on the phone with these people? Same thing happened with that dude ivan that claimed to have met axl outside his cafe, I don't know if it ever surfaced here? The person said Ivan was lying because they checked with axl's managment and said he wasn't in argentina.. Seems odd that someone just calls axl's managment and wastes their time with dumb questions..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 05:19:12 PM »

Oh, well I can't really say since I don't know anything about the person in question.

I'm sure it's possible to call them, but whether or not you'd get an answer to your question about some rumor, I don't know.

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 05:19:17 PM »

I don't know if this guy was responsible for the brain rumour but there used to be another "insider" who claimed to have info on GNR. This guy however, was full of shit. Raoxsle was his username. He once told us GNR had already shot 3 vids for the up coming CD and even he gave us a title for a new song " The hidden path" if I'm not mistaken. Many of us gave the guy the benefit of the doubt until he eventually was banned from this board for bullshitting and breaking the rules.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 05:28:37 PM »

I don't know if this guy was responsible for the brain rumour but there used to be another "insider" who claimed to have info on GNR. This guy however, was full of shit. Raoxsle was his username. He once told us GNR had already shot 3 vids for the up coming CD and even he gave us a title for a new song " The hidden path" if I'm not mistaken. Many of us gave the guy the benefit of the doubt until he eventually was banned from this board for bullshitting and breaking the rules.

Never heard of the person, glad I never read any of that stuff, rumors become truth while someone sits behind their monitor laughing.. That's fucking low.. On the other hand I think it'll be hard to hide any recording of vids for gnr.. It will definetlky be on blabbermouth, or even mtv news
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY FOR YOU

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 07:53:28 PM »

Whats up Mike? I see you are talkin about madison (I let the name out oops). Ive often wondered myself if she knows anyone in management or if she talked to Axl at MSG like she claims. If she knows any more  info than any of us she certainly doesnt share. And she claims Axl told her the name of the first single back in 2002 at MSG, I think she is an ass for not sharing the info if it is true that she knows.

WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER LOOKING FOR NEWS
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2004, 08:03:16 PM »

Whats up Mike? I see you are talkin about madison (I let the name out oops). Ive often wondered myself if she knows anyone in management or if she talked to Axl at MSG like she claims. If she knows any more? info than any of us she certainly doesnt share. And she claims Axl told her the name of the first single back in 2002 at MSG, I think she is an ass for not sharing the info if it is true that she knows.

I didn't want the name to spill, it was an honest question.. Who knows what she knows.. She definetly said that axl told her the first single at the 2002 msg show, but she was never willing to share it.. I don't mind, I just think it's stupid to mention it and not tell anyone/..
Hello by the way
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 08:05:46 PM »

Whats up Mike? I see you are talkin about madison (I let the name out oops). Ive often wondered myself if she knows anyone in management or if she talked to Axl at MSG like she claims. If she knows any more? info than any of us she certainly doesnt share. And she claims Axl told her the name of the first single back in 2002 at MSG, I think she is an ass for not sharing the info if it is true that she knows.

As far as her "knowing" the name of the first single goes, her not sharing the name of it was to her (and everyone else's) benefit because she basically had an ace up her sleeve that allowed her to distinguish between bullshit rumours and true stories regarding the first single. It made sense for her not to disclose any further information, although I doubt now (two years later nearly) that the information she supposedly received from Axl is still relevant.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 08:10:36 PM »

I agree dude, I doubt if it happened that the single would be the same..I'm just waiting for the day we hear the single announced and we get "yeah that was the one he told me"
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2004, 08:12:57 PM »

As far as her "knowing" the name of the first single goes, her not sharing the name of it was to her (and everyone else's) benefit because she basically had an ace up her sleeve that allowed her to distinguish between bullshit rumours and true stories regarding the first single. It made sense for her not to disclose any further information, although I doubt now (two years later nearly) that the information she supposedly received from Axl is still relevant.

If she has a connection with management she doesnt need another ace up her sleeve and I agree with mike that if she wasnt gonna share it dont tell anyone that you know the name of the first single.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 08:18:42 PM »

I never read the posts of the person you are all talking about.  But it seems obvious to me that the reason to say you know the name of the single and not share it serves one good purpose...to get attention.  And was she successful?  Did everyone start asking her to say what it was?  Then call her names for not sharing? If so then she got exactly what she wanted, right?
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2004, 08:25:17 PM »

I never read the posts of the person you are all talking about.? But it seems obvious to me that the reason to say you know the name of the single and not share it serves one good purpose...to get attention.? And was she successful?? Did everyone start asking her to say what it was?? Then call her names for not sharing? If so then she got exactly what she wanted, right?

Well she is a moderator at mygnrforum.com. She should hold some credibility and not seek attention. Like we have discussed she may be telling the truth.....we just wonder.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004, 08:34:31 PM »

Well she is a moderator at mygnrforum.com. She should hold some credibility and not seek attention. Like we have discussed she may be telling the truth.....we just wonder.

She could be telling the truth and still seeking attention.

In any case, Jarmo must have some way of identifying people.? I think it was last week when someone claimed to be Robin.? Jarmo identified that as fake pretty fast.? I don't know how he does it though...I don't understand much about the way the internet and IP addresses work.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 08:46:43 PM »

She could be telling the truth and still seeking attention.

In any case, Jarmo must have some way of identifying people.? I think it was last week when someone claimed to be Robin.? Jarmo identified that as fake pretty fast.? I don't know how he does it though...I don't understand much about the way the internet and IP addresses work.

Slash had posted on slashworld website, I asked the admin how he knew it was him, he said he sent him a special password.. I guess there are ways..My thing was how can someone say I just got off the phone with whoever and they said this, but tehy ask them the dumbest questions..

As for the single, I think there are people crazy enough to think that if he did say something like that, that he only told them and it's a secret between them and axl.. Obviously if he tells some nobody he never meant to keep it a secret../
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 08:55:11 PM »

I think she said she wasn't saying the name so that if it's not the first single anymore she want be called a liar . but doing it that way makes you look like a liar cause you could just say yeah thats what Axl said no matter what the first single was.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

its not like her name is secret, everyone whose been following the band since before the 2002 tour knows of her and knows that there is a 99% chance that she is fraud

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 09:10:29 PM »

Yeah I remember raoxlse, he sent e-mails to everyone saying he was part of the crew that hung out with Axl.  And the name of the first single was "The Beaten Path".  Completely untrue, he later came back with the name The Joker.  What a fucker.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: