Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tracii Guns involvement with AFD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tracii Guns involvement with AFD  (Read 5418 times)
RichardNixon
« on: September 18, 2004, 11:02:07 AM »

Does anyone know how much material Tracii Guns wrote for AFD.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 11:31:32 AM »

None

Not a note

How do i know? Well that Tracii recieves no money for the album and hasn't sued the band for royalties either is a pretty sure sign that he doesn't think he contributed anything.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 12:00:24 PM »

he should join GNR as a lead guitarist, that way no one will ever say AXL has no right to hold on to the name guns n' roses...

Tracii GUNS N' AXL ROSE'S band

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 02:06:44 PM »

he should join GNR as a lead guitarist, that way no one will ever say AXL has no right to hold on to the name guns n' roses...

lol, true

That's a hatrick for Doull
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 02:14:25 PM »

yes, but the general public will think GN'R have replaced Slash with a girl!!!!!!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 02:24:27 PM »

None

Not a note

How do i know? Well that Tracii recieves no money for the album and hasn't sued the band for royalties either is a pretty sure sign that he doesn't think he contributed anything.

He mentioned in a lot of interviews that he did write a lot of stuff. He said that 'they (GN'R with Slash and Steven) had not enough time and had to go to the studio, so they wrote only two new songs (Mr. Brownstone and SCOM) and recorded the old songs'. I don't believe it for a second, 'cause It's So Easy was Duff's song, Out ta get me of Slash's, Nightrain was an effort of the five, PC was written by Slash, Duff and Izzy etc. He also mentioned that Axl stole Don't Cry 'cause Axl, Izzy and Tracii wrote the song together and even Tracii was thinking of recording and releasing DC with LA Guns, and then Axl released it without giving him any credit and released the 'demo' of Don't Cry, although it wasn't an early demo, 'cause Tracii played on that, but the one GN'R released was recorded later with Slash.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 03:06:58 PM »

i'm sure i read somewhere that tracii claims to have wrote the riff for jungle. i've also read that slash wrote it on an acoustic in his bedroom.

i'd be surprised if he didnt atleast inspire the basis for some of the songs on afd.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 03:15:47 PM »

Considering TG's songwriting efforts after his involvement with Axl and Izzy, I don't think he wrote shit. 
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 03:27:22 PM »

who wrote the riffs for anything goes? i'm just wondering because that's a song that's been around since before slash/duff/steven joined.. same goes for back off bitch..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2004, 03:28:26 PM »

who wrote the riffs for anything goes? i'm just wondering because that's a song that's been around since before slash/duff/steven joined.. same goes for back off bitch..

It's a Rose or a Hollywood Rose song. Izzy and Chris Weber wrote it.

Back off Bitch 'officially' was written by Paul Huge but other sources also mention Chris Weber.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 03:30:16 PM by Mikkamakka » Logged

Rollin' on the streets
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »

Back off Bitch 'officially' was written by Paul Huge but other sources also mention Chris Weber.

so Paul Huge was around back in the hollywood rose days?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 03:51:11 PM »

I think he was always around, but he maybe did not spend too much time with the actual the band, but with Axl. He's Axl's friend from Indiana.

Rollin' on the streets
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2004, 03:53:18 PM »

I think he was always around, but he maybe did not spend too much time with the actual the band, but with Axl. He's Axl's friend from Indiana.

oh.. so paul could've written back off bitch? i always thought it was either chris or tracii or izzy cuz it was one of the old set lists..

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 06:43:05 PM »

Yeah, but I don't think Axl would agree to someone else's name coming before his in the band.  hihi
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2004, 07:29:25 PM »

Yeah, but I don't think Axl would agree to someone else's name coming before his in the band.? hihi

Either way, that's how the name was created isnt it ?

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004, 07:32:31 PM »

Ok, I'm way too lazy to go look for myself, but what does it say on the cd cover for AFD as far as writing?? I thought I remembered it saying "All songs written by Guns N' Roses."? If that's the case, how does anyone know who wrote what?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 07:33:54 PM »

Yeah, but I don't think Axl would agree to someone else's name coming before his in the band.? hihi

That's what Tracci Guns says but I have never heard anything official on that from anyone in guns and I have never heard it anywhere else.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 07:34:15 PM »

That's what Tracci Guns says but I have never heard anything official on that from anyone in guns and I have never heard it anywhere else.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 07:43:45 PM »

It is pretty obviously how the name was formed since Tracii was in the band when they first got the name.

I don't know if Tracii actually wrote anything, but he doesn't really make a big deal out of it or anything just says he wrote stuff when people ask him if he did.  What I'm very interested in is Tracii has always said that he recorded demos with GNR that he thinks Izzy still has.  It'd be cool to hear what they sound like and what songs they were playing before Slash and Steven were in the band.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 09:18:01 PM »

I sure hope that loser didn't have anything to do with such a classic album!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: