Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  i like scott because he is real! thats whats been missin in music!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: i like scott because he is real! thats whats been missin in music!  (Read 7849 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 04:48:08 PM »

so u are sayin scott and axl are both gay? hihi

i think scott and axl are two of the coolest fuckers to ever get on stage!

Sometimes i get embarrassed by Jon when he starts poutin his lips and shit but i realize its just the music and the power!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 05:20:41 PM »

Sometimes i get embarrassed by Jon when he starts poutin his lips and shit but i realize its just the music and the power!

I don't know, I like the whole pout thing from 80s rock.  But then I like almost everything about that genre, even the stuff that other people don't like - the big hair, the makeup, the spandex, the [cough] biker shorts.  And did I mention the music?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2004, 05:47:06 PM »

so u are sayin scott and axl are both gay? hihi

i think scott and axl are two of the coolest fuckers to ever get on stage!

Not at all, you got what I was saying.. I think it's just silly for a fan of either to say that about either singer.. I agree with mattman, I loved that time...
To a degree the ones saying scott is gay are forgetting that he is wearing similar clothing to what axl had during the afd era, before he decided to get his biker shorts
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 07:12:22 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 10:44:19 PM »

axl and scott's dancing turn me on, so.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 08:43:55 PM »

I think Scott is at a realy cool point. So many people are ready to knock him or label him a loser that theres probably nobody who could give a fuck less what everyone has to think about them and I really dig that. He seems to only care about what the people in his life think, like his wife, kids, and bandmates. And that should be all that matters. Very cool.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 11:10:50 PM »

i really like scott to the point if he in concert said "Fuck Axl Rose, this Is Velvet Revolver" id find that pretty fuckin cool and ballsy.

Axl's my hero, i have his skull tattoo on my forearm and his initials in it, but i applaud anyone with balls and the fuck u attitude to say something like that.

Just like i didnt get pissed at axl for sayin bon jovi can suck his dick.

I love when people express their opinions but dont back off and apologize.

apologies are lame, if u didnt mean it u wouldnt have said it.  so i just wonder if scott will get fed up and say something like that one day?  he already dissed axl's eyebrows. i just wonder if he would say something bad?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2004, 04:17:32 PM »

Scott has alot of respect for Axl and GNR, because he started his music career in LA. Sex Type Thing sounds like early GNR, i dont think Scott dislikes Axl. If anything, he probably likes his music. Set Me Free sounds alot like Axl, it was even rumored Axl liked the song.
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2004, 10:54:36 PM »

it was even rumored Axl liked the song.

uh, who said that? Huh
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2004, 10:57:48 PM »

it was even rumored Axl liked the song.

uh, who said that? Huh

Never heard that either..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2004, 09:09:31 PM »

Weiland is a poser.... he can't decide whether he is Jim Morrison or Bon Scott. He's real alright... real thin...... someone should through that guy a rib or something.  He wears a cop hat pretending he's Axl, but he uses his speakerphone like he is still in STP? Weiland is still a pretty good singer, but for some reason he possess's this wonky poser/what group am i in style that comes off as confusing and lackluster (in my opinion).

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2004, 04:01:36 AM »

[
uh, who said that? Huh

It was posted on the official VR message boards twice when Set Me Free first came out. It isnt fact just rumor, but alot of people close to the band would post there, and noone ever refuted it.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2004, 04:06:48 AM »

Weiland is a poser.... he can't decide whether he is Jim Morrison or Bon Scott. He's real alright... real thin...... someone should through that guy a rib or something.? He wears a cop hat pretending he's Axl, but he uses his speakerphone like he is still in STP? Weiland is still a pretty good singer, but for some reason he possess's this wonky poser/what group am i in style that comes off as confusing and lackluster (in my opinion).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but hes trying to look like Judas Priest not Axl. Sometimes he wore police hats in STP, he would say "welcome we're Judas Priest!!"  That is Axls coolest look though...he should have kept that in his repitoure more often.
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2004, 01:31:06 AM »

I think the thing about Scott Weiland that seperates him from the rest of the pack is that he just keeps getting better with age, while most singers (Eddie Vedder is the ultimate example; Chris Cornell sounds really bored with Audioslave, Tom Morello is the star there) get stale after awhile.  Not to put down the DeLeo brothers at all, but I think Duff and Slash bring more out of Weiland than those guys could.  Being clean and sober hasn't hurt Weiland, either; he's really only getting started while the rest of his grunge-era peers are washed up or dead (RIP Layne Staley).  Weiland is a survivor, and his legend is only going to continue to grow long after everyone else has been forgotten about.

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 01:15:21 PM »

I think the thing about Scott Weiland that seperates him from the rest of the pack is that he just keeps getting better with age, while most singers (Eddie Vedder is the ultimate example; Chris Cornell sounds really bored with Audioslave, Tom Morello is the star there) get stale after awhile.? Not to put down the DeLeo brothers at all, but I think Duff and Slash bring more out of Weiland than those guys could.? Being clean and sober hasn't hurt Weiland, either; he's really only getting started while the rest of his grunge-era peers are washed up or dead (RIP Layne Staley).? Weiland is a survivor, and his legend is only going to continue to grow long after everyone else has been forgotten about.

Really? I agree with him sticking around and I love Scott's voice but I think it def isn't as strong as it was on say core.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: