Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 84369 times)
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: September 25, 2004, 01:16:30 PM »

This has gotten out of hand....love you who love...hate who you hate! I mean Duffs opinion doesnt have to effect yours, but that doesn't mean our opinion should effect his, nor should we call him wrong, or him call us wrong....

Cant we all just get along lol
Erin

I think Duff is wrong but well he is in titled to his opinion? just as I am to mine ,so it's all good. peace

hehe see there, you get it! lol  yes

And LionGoddess...isn't Erin just an awesome name haha...now if you middle name is Lea then Im gonna be freaked out haha...

Erin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #261 on: September 25, 2004, 02:38:36 PM »

last night before i went to bed i watched the "fall to pieces" video.

i was so moved, i was thinkin, this is so great, nothin could top this right now

I do love Velvet Revolver and maybe ive been over critical at times because i do love Scott Weiland and Slash's solos are very good.

Immediately after watchin that, i watched the VMA 2002 performance.

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now at times axl was off a tad but damn when he was on he was the greatest thing ever!? People who trash his voice are crazy!? the wttj opening scream, his wails during Madagascar and the high screams durin PC were just amazing.

when buckethead and company kick it in at the end of PC, old band, new band that was some of the greatest display of musicianship ive ever heard in my? life, right before the "i wanna go section* when bucket is finger tappin*? i was blown away! and ive seen this 50 times.

Madagascar after all this time still really moves me, especially the music, the guitar licks right before axl starts his first scream and right after before the verse starts, fuckin unbelievable!

So Duff is right, VR are great and are easily the best band out at the moment outside of the RHCP's of course, but GNR just are on a whole nother level even when they arent at their best and to me it isnt even close.

yes im an axl mark but i cant deny just how the VMA performance made me feel, i was in awe 2 years later!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #262 on: September 25, 2004, 03:25:01 PM »

D, I couldnt agree with you more. I watch teh Vmas every now and then, and it blows me away. Evne though Axl wasnt at his ultimate best he and the band flat out rocked. You can feel the enegy and power from that performance.
The opening to Jungle is amazing...Maddy is all around perfect. I think that version of MAddy stands right next to the Rio version. And PC the band flat out shines. They played the fuck out of that song. Its scary. The best part was when RObin and Bucket meet at the front and just jam away and then RObin leans into him before he leaves. I love that part....and ROund 1 is always cool as well....

Its gets a bad wrap but overall it was a great performance....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #263 on: September 25, 2004, 03:42:33 PM »

VR on the other hand could potentially release a new album every year, they're not short on creativity or the desire to get out there and play.

VR can deliver many albums,so what???  If their debut album is good,but has nothing special on it,what makes you think that in the future they can do better?

I'd rather have a Chinese Democracy once every 12 years than one Contraband every year.Assuming,of course,that CD is as good as it seems to be

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #264 on: September 25, 2004, 08:13:53 PM »

VR on the other hand could potentially release a new album every year, they're not short on creativity or the desire to get out there and play.

VR can deliver many albums,so what?Huh If their debut album is good,but has nothing special on it,what makes you think that in the future they can do better?

I'd rather have a Chinese Democracy once every 12 years than one Contraband every year.Assuming,of course,that CD is as good as it seems to be

Saying it has nothing special is just a opinion, now both slither n fall to pieces have become number one on the mainstream rock charts, they booted linkin park off, they knocked usher off in america when contraband was released.. I wouldn't say they haven't released anything special..

It's not for everyone, but to say something like you'd rather have a cd every 12 years over a cb every year is foolish, I want music, I don't want to sit around wondering.. You can put what ifs in the cd player..

D, nice statement, I loved the vmas... I sometimes watch it, but not as much, I get depressed and think of all the things that might have happened.. Cry
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2004, 10:19:07 PM »

I get depressed and think of all the things that might have happened..
What was supposed to happen? You keep bringing this up. I suggest next time you watch the VMAs, let the tape run and listen to the Axl interview again. Most of your questions will be answered...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2004, 03:49:32 AM »

What was supposed to happen? You keep bringing this up. I suggest next time you watch the VMAs, let the tape run and listen to the Axl interview again. Most of your questions will be answered...

Axl had (and still has a masterplan): not to release CD until he's alive. Don't fool yourself that Axl didn't want to release CD in late 2002-early 2003. He surely wanted but something (or some things) happened, otherwise he's crazy.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2004, 10:24:49 AM »

Don't fool yourself that Axl didn't want to release CD in late 2002-early 2003.
HE didnt...
He said after they do the north american leg they would go back and do some more RECORDING. That tour was supposed to end early January. If GnR were to release an album then it would probably have been in the summer or the fall of 2003.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2004, 11:56:15 AM »

He still said recording. Meaning it wasnt nearly finished....

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2004, 01:11:08 PM »

obviously the album wasn't done and wasn't in the shoot so to speak. The tour was a chance to get the band some experience together in front of a crowd and lay the groundwork for some publicity. However, the cancellation coupled with buckethead's departure has pushed the project's target date back, perhaps 15 months. I think we were all mistaken when we thought the 2002 was a spark for what was to come.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2004, 01:18:35 PM »

MADMANDAN - Velvet Revolver gave me 2 great concerts this summer in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and a kick ass CD.  So judging by the Summer of 2004, Velvet Revolver outshines the New Guns N' Roses. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2004, 03:04:31 PM »

He said do some more recording and then do an american leg of the tour, he definetly didn't mean we wouldn't have anything two years later..
Did he tour north america to warm up? Don't fool yourself he didn't get out there from 2001-2002 just to go away and let the others do solo careers.. Who knows what the reason was, lack of confidence, or buckethead, either way there's no way he planned on taking this long.. Dizzy mentioned him tweaking old songs, that might have been something
estranged.1098
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2004, 05:29:46 PM »

MADMANDAN - Velvet Revolver gave me 2 great concerts this summer in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and a kick ass CD.? So judging by the Summer of 2004, Velvet Revolver outshines the New Guns N' Roses.?

You couldn't be more egocentric if you tried.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #273 on: September 26, 2004, 05:47:33 PM »

MADMANDAN - Velvet Revolver gave me 2 great concerts this summer in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and a kick ass CD.? So judging by the Summer of 2004, Velvet Revolver outshines the New Guns N' Roses.?

Good for you!!  If VR furfills your need for great music,there's nothing wrong with that.They ARE a good band. But they just don't do it for me

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2004, 05:59:44 PM »

VR do it for me but just on a different level than GNR.

People always ask me how i can dig GNR,bon jovi,Prince,RHCP,elvis presley,country music and Rap/R&B at the same time.

each gives me something different that the other doesnt.

VR are great, i like listening to them when im driving,working out or bike riding.

However they are a level below GNR.

top level

Guns N Roses,Bon Jovi,Prince,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Aerosmith

level just below meaning i like them but arent on the same plain as the above artists

Velvet Revolver,Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park

VR are very enjoyable and are great but compared to GNR they are like how STP was compared to Nirvana or 98 degrees compared to backstreet boys for all u boy band lovers out there, u know who u are! hihi

GNR are more talented simply cause they will be more diverse, it takes more talent to do multiple stylings and do them well a la Prince, than it does to do basically the same style over and over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2004, 11:25:51 PM »

He said do some more recording and then do an american leg of the tour, he definetly didn't mean we wouldn't have anything two years later..
Of course he didnt think it woul dbe another 2 yrs. SHit happens. It was supposed to come put this past spring.

Did he tour north america to warm up? Don't fool yourself he didn't get out there from 2001-2002 just to go away and let the others do solo careers..
Yes, it was a warmup. They did that tour to get out of the studio and gel as a band, Also to play the old songs one last time.

They shouldnt have done cities like Idaho and Tacoma, they should have done a qucik major city tour. WOuld have been more productive.

either way there's no way he planned on taking this long.. Dizzy mentioned him tweaking old songs, that might have been something
I think this recent delay has come from a combo of things. The lawsuit thing, GH, Bucket, and letting the members wrap up their solo stuff. The time is coming....

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2004, 01:47:35 AM »

I certainly hope the vocals on CD are a vast improvment from the MTV awards 2 yrs ago. I have to say I was mortified when this was initially aired 2 years ago and I viewed again recently and was appalled once more. However, im of and have always been of the opinion that Axl needs to quit running round the stage so much - even on the Illusions tour, he struggled to sing well and run and that's gotten worse as he's got older. I'm sure his studio vocals will be top-notch, but that MTV performance set them back IMO - probably knocked Axls confidence when he viewed the show

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2004, 02:52:45 AM »

Of course he didnt think it woul dbe another 2 yrs. SHit happens. It was supposed to come put this past spring.

Did he tour north america to warm up? Don't fool yourself he didn't get out there from 2001-2002 just to go away and let the others do solo careers..
Yes, it was a warmup. They did that tour to get out of the studio and gel as a band, Also to play the old songs one last time.

How do you know that they planned to release it this spring?  Huh Axl said in a couple of interviews that he wants to release it in 2001, spring of 2002, but I've never heard anything about this spring. (On the other hand: Axl's interviews are the proofs that he wanted to release CD years before...)

Do you think that a tour named Chinese Democracy World Tour was supposed to be only a warm-up and the he planned to record for years and not release anything?  Huh

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2004, 02:25:07 PM »

[quoteAxl said in a couple of interviews that he wants to release it in 2001]
Then someone named Buckethead joined the band.

spring of 2002
where/when

Do you think that a tour named Chinese Democracy World Tour was supposed to be only a warm-up and the he planned to record for years and not release anything?
I have no clue why they named it CD. My guess is that after the first leg of the tour concluded they were gonna go back and finish it up and then start the 2nd leg od CD witht he actual new material.

Again, last tour basically had nothing to do with CD.

lovethisguys
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2004, 03:23:11 PM »

well...i kinda understand why duff said that...anyway, i completly disagree and it hurts to know that duff said that... rant
he is in a new fase of his life, happy and productive. i understand that he now produces more music of his own, or better, has more conscience of it....but even so, i dont believe he trully believes that, he is just excited about VR... Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: