Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 84305 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2004, 05:02:55 PM »

Appetite was great,but if the Illusions would had been 2 more AFD's,than GNR would not be the legend that it is today

Imagine, name the one album gnr is know for and gets all the praise? Every big countdown always has afd, try and find the illusions.. Those albums were alot softer, they attracted more women with those monster songs

level headed..
1 million for don't cry
2 million for November rain
3.5 million for estranged

Gnr went somewhat pussy and big budget during the illusions..

The reason for AFD's bigger popularity is simple:It can be understood by any headbanging moron. The Illusions are far more subtile and intellectual.

I'm truly sorry for all the GNR fans that don't understand the Illusions and think Guns went pussy with them.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2004, 05:07:33 PM »

Appetite was great,but if the Illusions would had been 2 more AFD's,than GNR would not be the legend that it is today

Imagine, name the one album gnr is know for and gets all the praise? Every big countdown always has afd, try and find the illusions.. Those albums were alot softer, they attracted more women with those monster songs

level headed..
1 million for don't cry

The reason for AFD's bigger popularity is simple:It can be understood by any headbanging moron. The Illusions are far more subtile and intellectual.

I'm truly sorry for all the GNR fans that don't understand the Illusions and think Guns went pussy with them.

lets see keyboards,bongos, pianos, harmonicas, etc,, .. I just think huge ego self indulgent songs weren't what gnr was about.. They went from wild to tamed.. Same reason I don't like the blues n maddy, very self soft and selfish tunes.. I like the illusions, I just don't think change always means better. Alot of gnr fans say this NOW, it wasn't the case then
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2004, 05:15:16 PM »

You're probably a Nirvana fan  Smiley

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2004, 05:21:53 PM »

You're probably a Nirvana fan? Smiley

If having nevermind makes you a nirvana fan? Having a preference in albums doesn't mean someone is wrong. I think nirvana is very overrated for the record.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2004, 05:22:57 PM »

level headed..
1 million for don't cry

Other people think that UYI's popularity is simple: they became a pop rock band. They add that AFD are far more subtle and intellectual and honest. I really love the UYIs, but in the past 2-3 years I've hardly ever listened it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2004, 05:36:59 PM »

level headed..
1 million for don't cry

Other people think that UYI's popularity is simple: they became a pop rock band. They add that AFD are far more subtle and intellectual and honest. I really love the UYIs, but in the past 2-3 years I've hardly ever listened it.

I can agree with what you're saying., Sorry if I came off a little crazy, the waiting to hear the album is driving me mad,... Instead of just listening to music it has become this think-a-thon about everything in the past..
All I ever wanted was just one album, I have been waiting since the illusions  crying
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2004, 05:41:15 PM »

i love the illusions and i love appetite, whats with the u cant love both styles of GNR?

how did GNR go pussy when axl wrote NR before he moved to LA and dont cry was the first song ever wrote in GNR?

GNR are a multi skilled beast

if they had made afd over and over they would be ACDC a great band but ACDC arent on GNR's level

Diversity is what seperated GNR from the other bands, the fact they could kick your ass and touch your heart and soul at the same time, something thats very rarely been achieved in? music.

In GNR u get Coma,WTTJ,PC? without Axl u get serial killer,and the contraband rockers

with SLash you get estranged and November rain, without slash you get maddy and the blues

which one comes closer to duplicating success?

thats a rhetorical question no one has to answer that!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 05:42:55 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2004, 05:43:21 PM »

i love the illusions and i love appetite, whats with the u cant love both styles of GNR?

how did GNR go pussy when axl wrote NR before he moved to LA and dont cry was the first song ever wrote in GNR?

GNR are a multi skilled beast

if they had made afd over and over they would be ACDC a great band but ACDC arent on GNR's level

Diversity is what seperated GNR from the other bands, the fact they could kick your ass and touch your heart and soul at the same time, something thats very rarely been achieved in? music.

In GNR u get Coma? without Axl u get serial killer

with SLash you get estranged and November rain, without slash you get maddy and the blues

thats a retorical question no one has to answer that!

Well said  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2004, 05:44:17 PM »

I understand d, I was only saying I prefer hard rocking songs like afd, but I do like the illusions, gnr has always been my favorite band..,...

I just never thought we'd be without new music for so long.. Cry
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2004, 06:40:25 PM »

come on, the Illusion albums were great (especiallu use 2 for me because it was my first gn'r album). I absolutely love long epic songs.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dizzy
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2004, 06:50:07 PM »

Translation:

With Slash, you get great songs that are released and available for your listening pleasure.

Without Slash, you get crappy bootleg recordings of songs that could be great, but may never see the light of day, and may sound completely different if they do.

Slash's Contraband rockers, because they actually got released.? Meanwhile, Axl's beautiful songs collect dust on the shelf, meaningless to the entire world, save for the few who have heard subpar bootleg recordings.? Great songs can't duplicate shit if they're not released.

You're absolutely right, because anyone who gives it any thought will reach the same conclusion I reached above.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 07:01:36 PM by Dizzy » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2004, 09:27:18 PM »

So what happens, Dizzy, when the album drops? Everyone of your arguments above will become obsolete. Wink

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2004, 09:38:14 PM »

Translation:

With Slash, you get great songs that are released and available for your listening pleasure.

Without Slash, you get crappy bootleg recordings of songs that could be great, but may never see the light of day, and may sound completely different if they do.

Slash's Contraband rockers, because they actually got released.? Meanwhile, Axl's beautiful songs collect dust on the shelf, meaningless to the entire world, save for the few who have heard subpar bootleg recordings.? Great songs can't duplicate shit if they're not released.

You're absolutely right, because anyone who gives it any thought will reach the same conclusion I reached above.

Dizzy the album will come out, the thing is slash and vr just half assed the album while Axl is taking his time by making three albums at once.
You really think the album will never come out?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2004, 09:46:28 PM »

So what happens, Dizzy, when the album drops?

If Axl releases an album, then you can balk all you wish about who's more successful.? Until then, he's accomplished nothing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 10:20:06 PM by Dizzy » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2004, 09:56:14 PM »

If Axl releases an album, then you can balk all you wish about who's more successful.? Until then, he's accomplished nothing.

That was not the question, do you believe the album will come out, lets say in 2005?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2004, 09:58:18 PM »

This has gotten out of hand....love you who love...hate who you hate! I mean Duffs opinion doesnt have to effect yours, but that doesn't mean our opinion should effect his, nor should we call him wrong, or him call us wrong....

Cant we all just get along lol
Erin
LionGoddess
Headliner

" I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."

« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2004, 10:14:14 PM »

Hey All,
Been awhile since I have posted here, personal problems kept me away. Some of you may remember me and some may not. Things really haven't changed around since I have been gone, not sure if that is good or bad. I don't really have anything to add, I just think it is sad that this thread has turned into what every thread turns into. Which band is better new or old? In my opinion that is a question that you simply can not answer until the new band has put out an album. You can't base an opinion on four or five songs, and as Dizzy pointed out one was the only official release. Lets just drop that line of discussion. By the way Ms Duff we share the same name my name is Erin too.  Cheesy

Just because you win don't mean you're the lucky one.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2004, 10:16:50 PM »

This has gotten out of hand....love you who love...hate who you hate! I mean Duffs opinion doesnt have to effect yours, but that doesn't mean our opinion should effect his, nor should we call him wrong, or him call us wrong....

Cant we all just get along lol
Erin

I think Duff is wrong but well he is in titled to his opinion  just as I am to mine ,so it's all good. peace

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 10:29:47 PM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2004, 07:44:31 AM »

Translation:

Dizzy the album will come out, the thing is slash and vr just half assed the album while Axl is taking his time by making three albums at once.
You really think the album will never come out?

How do you know they half assed anything, you have no clue what they wanted as a group.. Just because the album for axl takes longer and longer doesn't mean it's getting better n better.. I think contraband rocks and that's all that matters... They played what I like, hard rockers, and ballads..

As for the album, there is no true indication it is coming out besides some same old banter from dizzy n tommy.. They can say whatever, but until there's an actual date, single/video then it's not.. Sure it will eventually come out, and I will also one day be old, these thing are inevitable
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2004, 11:34:15 AM »

And even IF (if) Chin Demo comes out, and it does well...
what then? another album in another 12 years?
I honesly believe after the whole Chin Demo thing ends that will be it.

VR on the other hand could potentially release a new album every year, they're not short on creativity or the desire to get out there and play.

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: