Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 84333 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2004, 11:16:24 AM »

The reason duff and slash's work was so great in gnr is because Axl pushed them to be their best. If slash had his way that SCOM riff never would have been developed. slash also hated working on estranged.

So if axl can pull that stuff out of them, i cant wait to see what axl can push tommy, robin and bh to do.

This is so freeking true.  Slash deserves a lot of credit for being the one who came up with all those riffs, but Axl deserves a medal for being the one who actually had the balls to put them on the album.  It's like Slash didn't believe in himself, but Axl was there to tell him that it was good shit, and it can be even better.  It's like SCOM for example, yeah Slash came up with the intro, but if Axl wasn't in charge, it would have never been on the album.  My point is, Axl knows a good thing when he sees one.  C'mon you have to give him credit for that.  I give Slash credit for his ideas, and talent (even though sometimes he was just playing around) but I also give Axl credit for seeing the brilliance in Slash.  That is a talent as well!     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2004, 11:39:28 AM »

The reason duff and slash's work was so great in gnr is because Axl pushed them to be their best. If slash had his way that SCOM riff never would have been developed. slash also hated working on estranged.

So if axl can pull that stuff out of them, i cant wait to see what axl can push tommy, robin and bh to do.

This is so freeking true.? Slash deserves a lot of credit for being the one who came up with all those riffs, but Axl deserves a medal for being the one who actually had the balls to put them on the album.? It's like Slash didn't believe in himself, but Axl was there to tell him that it was good shit, and it can be even better.? It's like SCOM for example, yeah Slash came up with the intro, but if Axl wasn't in charge, it would have never been on the album.? My point is, Axl knows a good thing when he sees one.? C'mon you have to give him credit for that.? I give Slash credit for his ideas, and talent (even though sometimes he was just playing around) but I also give Axl credit for seeing the brilliance in Slash.? That is a talent as well!? ? ?

I'm so glad axl did everything, imagine these guys didn't have him, how would they use the bathroom.. Being a boss doesn't make you talented, it just means you had to have your own way, and just like at work when someone annoys me I just do it so they shut up..

I love how everyone knows what happened through all the years, axl said they didn't want to play the ballads.. Yet he gave such thanks to slash's playing in estranged.. Two massive ego ballads as in estranged and november rain, must have sucked for the others..

I'm sick of this thread, making duff out to be the worse person ever from a few words, and then everyone else is only good because axl pushed them..

Slash has done so many good solos outside of gnr, you make it sound like he can't play.. WIthout slash those solos wouldn't exist, so axl could have pushed from here to china and the songs wouldn't be the same..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2004, 12:06:05 PM »

Besides....what does he really have to prove? 50 years from now they will still be playing Jungle, NR, SCOM and PC and it will always be his guitar on those songs and he will still be an icon. He tried something different on CB, nothing gained nothing lost. I hardly think though he suddenly forgot how to do epic riffs because Axl wasn't in the room playing wet nurse for him.
And 50 yrs from now no1 will be talking baout his "focused" work on CB. Noone is syaing SLash isnt capable of making epic solos are even great hard rock solos. BUt they havnt shown up since he left GNR. Is it a coincedence? EVen if he doesnt want to do that stuff, he will be remembered when he went all out.

I'm on the wrong board because I don't like certain part's of gnr's music?? Is there no fans that prefered the afd/lies era? He desides to slip in industrial rock, so I should just love it?? Gnr was about something, there was a certain sound and style to their music.. He just decides to change the sound of the group, it won't be everyone's favorite.. Look at groups like aerosmith, and  metallica, I'm sure their older fans are more into their early stuff, everyone has a right to like a certain era and style and be a fan..
Thats why GNR are the greates band in the world because they have offered and will offer different kinds of music to its fans. And you can take what you want. Thank GOd they dont have the same type of albums and music.

I think everyone is going overboard with duff's stamtent, so glad tommy is planning for world domination by spring.
That comment was made like last year and he was joking around.

Slash has done so many good solos outside of gnr, you make it sound like he can't play..
Now go ask the non gnr/slash fan what great solos they have liked since he left GNR.

Being a boss doesn't make you talented, it just means you had to have your own way, and just like at work when someone annoys me I just do it so they shut up..
Being a boss, or in Axls case, a leader steers the band from good to great. No1 is takign away what the old members did. NO, SHit without their talents and creative musical ability we would never have those great solos. But without Axl they wouldnt exist in the first place. The point is that  Axl was the main force that drove the best out of those players.
Its obivious that Slash and the gang are AT THEIR BEST when Axl is around. Now lets see if that theory works with Axl.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2004, 12:07:40 PM »

This is so freeking true.? Slash deserves a lot of credit for being the one who came up with all those riffs, but Axl deserves a medal for being the one who actually had the balls to put them on the album.? It's like Slash didn't believe in himself, but Axl was there to tell him that it was good shit, and it can be even better.? It's like SCOM for example, yeah Slash came up with the intro, but if Axl wasn't in charge, it would have never been on the album.? My point is, Axl knows a good thing when he sees one.? C'mon you have to give him credit for that.? I give Slash credit for his ideas, and talent (even though sometimes he was just playing around) but I also give Axl credit for seeing the brilliance in Slash.? That is a talent as well!? ? ?

I'm so glad axl did everything, imagine these guys didn't have him, how would they use the bathroom.. Being a boss doesn't make you talented, it just means you had to have your own way, and just like at work when someone annoys me I just do it so they shut up..

I love how everyone knows what happened through all the years, axl said they didn't want to play the ballads.. Yet he gave such thanks to slash's playing in estranged.. Two massive ego ballads as in estranged and november rain, must have sucked for the others..

I'm sick of this thread, making duff out to be the worse person ever from a few words, and then everyone else is only good because axl pushed them..

Slash has done so many good solos outside of gnr, you make it sound like he can't play.. WIthout slash those solos wouldn't exist, so axl could have pushed from here to china and the songs wouldn't be the same..

You just don't get my point.  I agree that Slash is a great guitar player, but I believe Axl got more out of him.  You just don't want to give Axl any credit do you?  And yeah, we do know a lot of what went on because we are big GNR fans.  Ofcourse we don't know everythiing, but we do know that Slash didn't like Estranged, and we know that if Slash had it his way, SCOM wouldn't have been, and we also know what Slash's Snakepit sounds like.  I'm not saying it is bad, but it isn't that great.  And I love how you point out that Axl praised Slash's solo work on Estranged.  Why wouldn't he?  His solos were brilliant.     

And by the way, being a boss-coach-teacher-director-producer, is a talent.  Maybe you have had bad experiences, but there is a reason why they have that title.  C'Mon, you can do it...........give Axl some credit Smiley

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2004, 01:07:29 PM »

I never said axl wasn't a huge talent, I just feel like everyone is getting into this the ex members can't be as good without him being there to push him.. I don't agree, contraband isn't for everyone, but to me I see a very good all around album, has the rockers and ballads with good solos..
I think people are missing the fact that this band is not gnr, and they're not trying to be gnr.. You don't need to have huge solos to get your playing across..Scott is their lead singer, plus a new rythym guitarist that both might not want to go in the direction like gnr's style.. I really believe scott has his style, and that as a group they're just doing what they want. Slash proves (not like he needs to) that he can do big solos in Ain't life grand, those are kick ass guitar parts..

I also feel they have nothing to live up to with their project, vr is a band doing their own thing.. I don't know what it is, but it may just be shorter rockers n ballads.. Take a song like slither I love the solo, and the live solo is so much better then the studio, it's extended..

As for the duff thing, I was just saying I hate how people are trashing him over one statement, not like he said something about axl.. He sat there and said he was fucked up most of the times, he bashed himself.. I find it hard to knock someone that gives us music with few delays..
I don't say tommy's full of shit when he says things like, gnr on steroids, and how the music is beyond the old guns, and speaking of world domination in the spring..You have people on the board saying the new stuff is better then the old, and praising cd before it even comes out.. The myth is bigger then the actual songs. He's just hyping his band, just as duff is.. Only difference is duff lived through both bands and is out there playing the material..

Finally this topic is so big, I wish some people(first timers) would just read a few old responses and just agree or disagree.. This topic is just uselss already.

Now go ask the non gnr/slash fan what great solos they have liked since he left GNR.

a non slash fan wouldn't know any other solos.. Plus the utter lack of cd is making people bitter towards the old guys..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 01:09:12 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2004, 01:19:50 PM »

Here is one thing a lot of you slash fans are totally missing. They are now all claiming (duff, slash and izzy) that they were messed up a lot during the UYI days, and that axl was a so called dictator and always wanted to control everything.
Well it seems to me the reason Axl had to take charge is because the others were too messed up to know what was going on and axl had to make sure everything kept running smoothly.  Have any of you ever tried working with someone who is always fucked up on drugs or booze?  Axl was the only person who didnt want gnr to die, duff, izzy and slash didnt seem to care since they could keep themselves clean, and then they all quit the band one after the othre.

I think axl deserves some credit for trying to keep the band afloat.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2004, 01:20:08 PM »

Well said Mike!  I understand you better now.

ok

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2004, 01:29:57 PM »

I think people are missing the fact that this band is not gnr, and they're not trying to be gnr.. You don't need to have huge solos to get your playing across..Scott is their lead singer, plus a new rythym guitarist that both might not want to go in the direction like gnr's style.. I really believe scott has his style, and that as a group they're just doing what they want. Slash proves (not like he needs to) that he can do big solos in Ain't life grand, those are kick ass guitar parts..
They cant run away from their past. You can keep saying how they want to keep it simple and all that. To an extent thats fine. But tehn peopel cant grant them right and Axl wrong for not keeping it simple. If Axl went under a different name would you hold him to lesser standards than what he did with GNR? I know I wouldnt. I would expect the same great work or better. Why want or expect less.
And its not the fact that CB is simple, its that they could have done much better and still keep it "simple" but they only did it in a few weeks, so I guess its unfair to expect much more...

As for the duff thing, I was just saying I hate how people are trashing him over one statement, not like he said something about axl.. He sat there and said he was fucked up most of the times, he bashed himself.. I find it hard to knock someone that gives us music with few delays..
What bothers me is that he said they have more potential now then before. Or whatver he said in that extent. Again, Ill take a fucked up GNR over a more wiser GNR any day. WOuldnt you>?

I don't say tommy's full of shit when he says things like, gnr on steroids
He never said that, it was Zak Wylde

and how the music is beyond the old guns, and speaking of world domination in the spring..You have people on the board saying the new stuff is better then the old, and praising cd before it even comes out.. The myth is bigger then the actual songs. He's just hyping his band, just as duff is.. Only difference is duff lived through both bands and is out there playing the material..
When he said the music is beyond old guns...he isnt saying its better. Hes saying its going to farther levels musically than old gnr did. Basically they started where old gnr left off and continued on. How is that hyping your band?

Spring Domination was in joking context.

I think the new songs are great. But it wont mean anything if the album sucks. The songs we have heard are the songs that make an album great. They arent the singles/hits yet to the hardocore fan they are appreciated much more than the general public{like iso,estranged.etc}
Cd has to come up in a very big way. It has to be as good or better than the old material. And if its everything peopel say it is and if they were able to mesh all the unigue talents into 1, we are in for a special album.

Only difference is duff lived through both bands and is out there playing the material..
Yes, for now...
a non slash fan wouldn't know any other solos.
Exactely. Because outisde of GNr slash hasnt come up big.

Plus the utter lack of cd is making people bitter towards the old guys..
lol, everything seems to come back to Axl. How bout peopel are starting to realize that there really is 2 sides to the story and that SLash and the old band arent the victims as they once were percieved to be.

Its the constant changing of the stories and the way they speak that is making osme fans bitter. The fact that they keep adding fuel to the fire only divides thier fan base.
But overall your correct....When CD is released all of the nonsense and pussy shit that goes on here will go away.

This board and the others are going to go to another level. There will be too mcuh to talk about when CD is released. Too bad CB didnt really give us much to talk about other than comparisons. The threads on CD will be great. I cant wait to see discussions on the songs,lyrics the bands...its oging to be priceless...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2004, 02:45:46 PM »

Here is one thing a lot of you slash fans are totally missing. They are now all claiming (duff, slash and izzy) that they were messed up a lot during the UYI days, and that axl was a so called dictator and always wanted to control everything.
Well it seems to me the reason Axl had to take charge is because the others were too messed up to know what was going on and axl had to make sure everything kept running smoothly.? Have any of you ever tried working with someone who is always fucked up on drugs or booze?? Axl was the only person who didnt want gnr to die, duff, izzy and slash didnt seem to care since they could keep themselves clean, and then they all quit the band one after the othre.

very well said Dave, ive been tryin to make a similiar point for some time now.  How were Duff and Slash gonna make important business decisions if they were fucked up all the time?  I think that led to Axl getting the bands name etc, Here is yet another twist

maybe axl was afraid that Duff or Slash would overdose and die therefore he needed the name just in case that way he wouldnt be tied up in all sorts of litigations over the name with family members etc of slash and duff?

Slash and Duff admit how bad they were so this isnt impossible, Duff's pancreas exploding couldve killed him, Slash admittedly went blue in front of an elevator

i think axl did what he had to do and slash and duff have themselves to blame.

Writing music with people i know for a fact that it is possible to get more out of a player than they normally would give.

I have a friend and when he writes on his own its unfocused and just a thousand ideas going nowhere

when he writes with me, i smooth out his ideas, shape them, give them direction and am in his ear to try this and try that.

His stuff comes out like a monster when we cowrite.

So it's possible for someone to bring the best out in you.

I play basketball in leagues etc.

Ive been on teams where i may score 4 points a game and just be a shitty player, but when i play with my friends im unstoppable at times and score around 15 or 16 points a game, im not saying its necessarily true but it is possible for someone to get more out of u.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2004, 03:05:16 PM »

Well it seems to me the reason Axl had to take charge is because the others were too messed up to know what was going on and axl had to make sure everything kept running smoothly.? Have any of you ever tried working with someone who is always fucked up on drugs or booze?? Axl was the only person who didnt want gnr to die, duff, izzy and slash didnt seem to care since they could keep themselves clean, and then they all quit the band one after the othre.

How did they do afd then, how did they do lies, how did they perform, how did they do the material.. I'm sure they were fucked up, but they weren't always to an extreme... I've worked with tons of drunks, and they were great construction workers.. How many countless bands did super work while stoned or drunk.. This is nothing new, you make it sound like because axl was clean he was doing everything.. They even said his apperances were few and far between.. He missed the shows, he threw the hissy fits, yet he was the one with the clear head..

The man has given 5 songs in 12 years,,yet the old members were keeping him down.. Nothing visable to me has ever proven the old guys weren't doing their jobs... Of course there were extreme cases, but I doubt it was all the time, probably more on the downtime..

As far as everything running smoothly, never seemed to be any big problems.. I never heard of the ex members missing shows, in fact you always hear about where was axl..

I bet if? the guys stayed they would have died from drugs n drinking just for the fact they wouldn't have anything to do.. What would the new gnr do without side work?
The members were albe to write their own albums and form band and tour, doesn't that show anything?

As for the slash didn't do anything amazing solo wise because it's not remembered is wrong.. When ever artists do things that aren't big(known projects) outside their known bands they don't get the same recognition

By the way dave what are you just an axl fan, you say slash fans,, Don't you like the entire old band?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 03:11:53 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2004, 03:36:16 PM »

Read the Axl-interviews. He never said anything like that. After you read them you'll get the point that he always wanted to control GN'R. Not Izzy, not Slash, but Axl.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2004, 03:40:50 PM »

Read the Axl-interviews. He never said anything like that. After you read them you'll get the point that he always wanted to control GN'R. Not Izzy, not Slash, but Axl.

I have read all the interviews and what do you think the reason axl wanted to control gnr for?
Because the other members were too high or drunk to be able to make decesions with a clear head, that is what I think the reason was.

Slash and Duff cant have this both ways.
And their statements about  them being too messed up and that is why they are more talented now may hurt their court case against axl.  Axl can just point out those interviews and say he had to take control because they were too messed up and maybe axl will even claim they were asked but they just dont remember.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2004, 03:46:26 PM »

How many countless bands through out time made amazing music while being drunk or high on heroin? Did they all need to sign their rights to the band away?

All your favorite musical talents were fucked up in some way at some point, it doesn't mean they weren't capable of doing their jobs.. I've never seen any evidence that shows they couldn't perform, your albums are proof as are the live shows... I really couldn't care if tehy were drunk on stage, this is rock n roll it's pretty norm.

Because the other members were too high or drunk to be able to make decesions with a clear head, that is what I think the reason was.
How does one with mental problems and a drug n booze problem perform during the afd era, how does he make choices?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 03:47:58 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2004, 03:54:02 PM »

I have read all the interviews and what do you think the reason axl wanted to control gnr for?

And their statements about? them being too messed up and that is why they are more talented now may hurt their court case against axl.? Axl can just point out those interviews and say he had to take control because they were too messed up and maybe axl will even claim they were asked but they just dont remember.

I disagree, but that's it. Your opinion against my opinion. I think Axl wanted to control because he thinks he's an alpha+ male and cannot tolerate if someone else tells him what to do. AFD wasn't Axl's album, it was GN'R's album, and it's their best. After Lies Axl thought he is the second coming of Jesus and forced everything through GN'R while others' songs were left out. Later decided to rid of the band to rebuild his own GN'R. He's been working with them for 4-7 years and wasn't able to delvier anything, although he decides in everything. Well, he doesn't seem to be able to control the band - if that was what he wanted then we'll enver hear CD.

Rollin' on the streets
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2004, 04:10:34 PM »

And their statements about? them being too messed up and that is why they are more talented now may hurt their court case against axl.? Axl can just point out those interviews and say he had to take control because they were too messed up and maybe axl will even claim they were asked but they just dont remember.

I disagree, but that's it. Your opinion against my opinion. I think Axl wanted to control because he thinks he's an alpha+ male and cannot tolerate if someone else tells him what to do. AFD wasn't Axl's album, it was GN'R's album, and it's their best. After Lies Axl thought he is the second coming of Jesus and forced everything through GN'R while others' songs were left out. Later decided to rid of the band to rebuild his own GN'R. He's been working with them for 4-7 years and wasn't able to delvier anything, although he decides in everything. Well, he doesn't seem to be able to control the band - if that was what he wanted then we'll enver hear CD.

What songs were left out? Its funny you say that since axl had to twist slashs arm to work on songs like nov rain and estranged.  I have never once heard slash or duff ever say axl was not willing to work on one of their songs.
If its true please give me a quote.

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2004, 04:10:50 PM »

Are you saying that songs like Estranged,NR,Don't cry,Coma,Locomotive or Breakdown were forced onto the Illusions by Axl?  And why is that a bad thing?Appetite was great,but if the Illusions would had been 2 more AFD's,than GNR would not be the legend that it is today.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Contraband is the clearest picture of what would had happened to Guns N' Roses if Axl didn't get his way: Good rock band,good songs,good riffs,NOTHING special.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2004, 04:48:13 PM »

Are you saying that songs like Estranged,NR,Don't cry,Coma,Locomotive or Breakdown were forced onto the Illusions by Axl?? And why is that a bad thing?Appetite was great,but if the Illusions would had been 2 more AFD's,than GNR would not be the legend that it is today.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Contraband is the clearest picture of what would had happened to Guns N' Roses if Axl didn't get his way: Good rock band,good songs,good riffs,NOTHING special.

I say Estranged, Yesterdays, My world were surely forced onto the UYI albums, maybe even Breakdown, Dead horse, Shotgun blues, the second Don't Cry and November Rain. Some of them (Estranged, NR) are really great songs, some of them belong to the less great songs of the old GN'R. On the other hand, don't forget, that Locomotive and Coma are Slash's songs. I don't have a problems with the changes in the musical direction on the UYIs... but Axl hears a band dying and so do I. The others' didn't want that double double album, one of the reasons of Izzy's departure was this, not to mention his problems with Axl behaviour.

I disagree with your opinion on Contraband: it's not the same band and if they had only one intention it was not to make a GN'R-type record.

What songs were left out? Its funny you say that since axl had to twist slashs arm to work on songs like nov rain and estranged.  I have never once heard slash or duff ever say axl was not willing to work on one of their songs.
If its true please give me a quote.

You surely know the AFD and UYI-era demos just like I do. You can say that they weren't good enough, but don't forget that neither GN'R's other demos sound like the finished songs.
More...He mentioned a lot of songs (without titles) that he wrote with Duff and Steven and were planned to be on the UYIs. They didn't make the record. Slash said he wanted to record a song which he wrote in one of his previous band. Later he wanted it to be on TSI. Axl nixed it. Slash had some riffs of the first Snakepit album, but Axl didn't want them (and there were others he wanted but in a different form). Before Slash left, they still had rehearsals but they were working on only Axl's material (without Axl, of course, who doesn't have the habit to go to rehearsals), 'cause Axl didn't want their (Slash, Duff, Matt - Gilby had been fired by then) ideas.

Is it hard to believe that GN'R was made by 3-5 guys, not noly 1?  Undecided

Rollin' on the streets
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »

Appetite was great,but if the Illusions would had been 2 more AFD's,than GNR would not be the legend that it is today

Imagine, name the one album gnr is know for and gets all the praise? Every big countdown always has afd, try and find the illusions.. Those albums were alot softer, they attracted more women with those monster songs

level headed..
1 million for don't cry
2 million for November rain
3.5 million for estranged

Gnr went somewhat pussy and big budget during the illusions..
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2004, 04:54:32 PM »

Appetite was great,but if the Illusions would had been 2 more AFD's,than GNR would not be the legend that it is today

Imagine, name the one album gnr is know for and gets all the praise? Every big countdown always has afd, try and find the illusions.. Those albums were alot softer, they attracted more women with those monster songs

level headed..
1 million for don't cry
2 million for November rain
3.5 million for estranged

Gnr went somewhat pussy and big budget during the illusions..

Sorry bro, but Illusions completed GNR as a group.  Turned them into a super group.  All good rock bands have very good hard and slow songs.  Very few bands are very popular and have success with just hard stuff.  Zeppelin, Def Leopard, Aerosmith, Metallica, all have slower type songs.  Without the illusion albums, GNR wouldn't nearly be as big.  Now I'm not saying those albums are better than AFD, but they really helped their success.    Therefor, I wouldn't say they went pussy, I would say they went intellegent. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2004, 05:01:51 PM »

metallica's best albums were all before the black album, they did so many killer albums by keeping their sounds, now they have gotten the sellout label, same as aerosmith... Zepplin is just amazing.. Def lepp went so pop witrh songs like photograph, and pour some sugar on me..

Afd was a great gnr album, illusions were more of what axl wanted.. don't cry, nr, estranged, coma, my world, very selfish tunes.. I'm not debating the quality of those songs, except my world, just saying they drifted as a whole.

Afd was raw, reckless, n untamed, illusions have their moments, but the stand out trakcs were very soft to the average fan.. That's how I feeel though..Your antrhrax, metallica, megadeth fan was into the afd sound, the softer music listener prefers illusions
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: