Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 84352 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2004, 11:05:49 PM »

Thanks younggunner.  I have read some of your past posts, and I think you and I are on the same page.  Agree on a lot of the same stuff.

peace

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2004, 04:26:14 AM »

I thought Duff still had a little sense left in his drugged out, jelly-brain.  'Guess not.

darkmonth
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2004, 06:59:28 AM »

Do you lot have one ounce of brain power between you ?

VR IS mostly the old GnR lineup... and when you play music for 20 years, you get better....

sooooooo... twat heads... VR IS more talented than the old GnR.  Because Matt, Slash, and Duff are more talented than they were 20 years ago.

Overall, they are a better band.

Sure, the tunes aren't GnR's top standard, but playing wise, they are all better than the old  GnR lineup.

And one other thing ... VR DOES rock harder and better than the new GnR.  Fact.  Because... hehe... funnily enough... yeah... funnily enough they are a ROCK BAND!  the new GnR is NOT.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2004, 07:06:08 AM »

VR IS mostly the old GnR lineup... and when you play music for 20 years, you get better....

sooooooo... twat heads... VR IS more talented than the old GnR.? Because Matt, Slash, and Duff are more talented than they were 20 years ago.

Sure, the tunes aren't GnR's top standard, but playing wise, they are all better than the old? GnR lineup.

And one other thing ... VR DOES rock harder and better than the new GnR.? Fact.? Because... hehe... funnily enough... yeah... funnily enough they are a ROCK BAND!? the new GnR is NOT.

If they were more talented than the old band then why didnt it show on contraband? As for contraband vs new gnr, the new gnr with BH is much more talented than VR.  I have been saying the new band is more talented (live wise) than the old gnr for a few  years now and I got bashed left and right, now that duff says VR is more talented than the old gnr (live wise) but now that duff says it, you guys all agree.  Yes and Duff was in the old band and I was not but its pretty easy to tell how well a band plays live or not.

I just cant wait until axl or dizzy say the new band is more talented than the old because the thread will look much different than this.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
darkmonth
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2004, 07:32:08 AM »

Dave, lets think about all this...

the new GnR, hasn;t proved themselves to be more talented yet...

they butcher... YES... BUTCHER, most of the old songs.  You are a fool if you can';t hear the way they destroyed most of the old songs.

VR play GnR songs better than NewGnR.

And I am sorry, but Contraband is FULL of better material than the new stuff Axl showed off.  Full.

I know it's opinion based, but so is what you are saying.  We all have our opinions.  But I am right Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2004, 07:36:23 AM »

Do it once more and you'll be out of here. I've told you a few times already about our rules and with your post count I'd expect you to actually understand them. Obviously I was wrong.

I don't care how long you've been here, obviously you have a hard time accepting one of the basic rules we have and that's not a good thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2004, 07:58:05 AM »

Duff is comparing themselves to what they were like 15 years ago....of course they are better players now! both more skilled and playing better live since they're clean! is it that hard to understand?
and dave, it won't be the same if Axl or Dizzy says it about the new band, cos they will be comparing the new guys to the old, while Duff are comparing him and the others to themselves 10-15 years ago. but we all know you won't understand what I just said so, blah.

and thanks for trying Dave - S.I.T.N, but just give it up man, no matter how right you are, nothing will ever make the other dave see things the right way when Axl is in the picture. peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
darkmonth
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2004, 09:13:30 AM »

I get fucked off by people not reading and understanding stuff....

sure I slag people off if they act like twats.  Fucking hell... people should get a grip.

I'm off.  I can't be arsed coming here anymore.  Guns N' Roses are doing fuck all, and I am getting sick of reading narrow minded cockhead's talking shit.

I have had a nice time talking to some of you.  Unfortunately,  to many people on the board have forgotten what made GnR so amazing and have forgotten that GnR was GnR because of it's members, not because of one fucking person.

I hope you all have fun.

Bye.

Dave
CAZ
Opening Act

Welcome I

« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2004, 09:20:42 AM »

Glad to see you leave
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2004, 10:47:21 AM »

Sorry to see him go, aside from the insults I agreed with many of his points.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2004, 11:39:12 AM »

sooooooo... twat heads... VR IS more talented than the old GnR.  Because Matt, Slash, and Duff are more talented than they were 20 years ago.

Sure, the tunes aren't GnR's top standard, but playing wise, they are all better than the old  GnR lineup.

And one other thing ... VR DOES rock harder and better than the new GnR.  Fact.  Because... hehe... funnily enough... yeah... funnily enough they are a ROCK BAND!  the new GnR is NOT.

hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.........

{when Vr show their talents on an album, then Ill say they got better}

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2004, 01:30:15 PM »

Sorry to that guy to see him go. However, New GNR don't butcher the old songs, they play it at their own style. If you like it or not, it's just a matter of opinion. Heck, not even VR play those songs good or GNR after the demisse of Steven and Izzy sounded good. Well, the UYI songs sounded the way they supposed to be, but not the AFD songs (specially the drumming.) And to Dave-gnfnr2k, like I told you before, B'head is a good guitarrist, but he is not the savior of GNR.
He maybe really fast but some songs that he shred don't go with the songs i.e. WTTJ, ISE and RQ. On the contrary his NightTrain solo is amazing. If this band is prone to succeed, it has to be A BAND. And yes, I have listened his cd's are nice to listen but not amazing. As for Duff clame, well it's his opinion.  peace peace
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2004, 02:46:06 PM »

I'm off.? I can't be arsed coming here anymore.?

I hope you all have fun.

Dave
"Get that guy outta here!? Are you listening to me Mr. Security Man?? That guy right there!? Gone!? Yeah!" - W. Axl Rose, Rio 2001. hihi

Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2004, 02:58:17 PM »

Vr is a fuckin awesome band! It is very simple, if you want to see their performance , go their show , they're incredible! Duff says, and i agree with him , that old gnr is less talented than vr, Why ? just because VR is a real band ,  not any of them is more important than the others , everybody has his word for the songs!! I saw the making of mtv music award 2002........nothing is done without axl , but axl can do lots of things without any of the musicians . old gnr were all fucked with drugs , there were less talented than VR because the musician werent clear when the played. The talent belong to personn who are concious in what they do! when you are stoned you don't fucking care about what you're doing. I remember not long ago i was stoned ( yeah i know its bad) and i playd guitar it was fuckin awesome!! i find some riff that are really cool ! but you'rent satisfied becoz it's not 'you' xwho created it!
So duff don't fucking care about the old gnr nd i agree with him : gnr is dead . New gnr is not gnr . it's just an other band " Axl and some fuckin good musician" who are going to release their first album " chinese democracy".
Peace ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2004, 02:58:54 PM »

hey kayoss i do that everytime someone gets axed!!!!!!!! dang it!  hihi

i dont agree that u get better and 20 years later u are a better musician etc, the proof is in the pudding, whether slash was holding back or whatever i think even the most faithful slash follower would have to even agree that contraband isnt anywhere near slash's ability.

you compare fall to pieces solo to NR or SCOM, i think some people forgot how great slash use to be.

and Velvet Revolver would have no chance of playing old GNR better than New GNR.

ive said it a million times, the new band plays the fuck out of those songs, Paradise City at the VMA's was the most amazing thing ever and the new band can come closer to playin the old songs on point than scott could ever come to singing em

honestly could u see Scott tryin to sing welcome to the jungle? or garden of eden or Coma?  and sing em with axl on key on register and not dull the songs out by droppin em down an octave?

i like contraband but i agree with PEEPS he had the best point of all, nothin on Contraband really sticks out at all except YGNR and LTA but the rockers are just all on the same level, which is what makes it impossible to choose the next rocker single,they are all average to good songs but nothing great.

I admire people that stick up for VR cause i do love that band, but compared to W. fuckin Axl Rose its just an unwinnable argument in my opinion, we are talkin about the greatest frontman of all time period!  you cant fuck with it, u cant!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
darkdays_01
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2004, 03:14:19 PM »

Sorry to see him go, aside from the insults I agreed with many of his points.

I agree , he has many valid points, which in my opinion are correct, but i guess, if you dont like to kiss Axl's ass around here you get the boot, guess known of them got pricked by Axl at a show for not showing up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »

what are u all talkin about? that guy didnt get the boot, he was insulting a fellow member and go warned, Jarmo does that, he gives u chances but there are rules on the board and it makes this board the best. He didnt boot that dude, he just told him to stop insulting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2004, 03:38:06 PM »

lol - Sorry, D.  I had honestly not noticed.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2004, 04:28:44 PM »

I agree , he has many valid points, which in my opinion are correct, but i guess, if you dont like to kiss Axl's ass around here you get the boot, guess known of them got pricked by Axl at a show for not showing up.

Keep living in your bubble.  It must be fantastic when you don't have to face facts..... ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2004, 05:07:31 PM »

An older musician plays music better,but in most cases,loses the ability to write. Why? Well simply because their life is good. No alcohol problems,no drug problems,no women problems,they are rich people with no worries.What is there to write about then??? They start making songs about pink,their favourite colour or about their stiff upper lip.

That goes for VR too. Their life is good and peaceful now,so,even if Slash can play guitar much better now,we'll never hear him produce another song like wttj or scom.

Axl is the exception that confirms the rule.It seems that his life has been far from peaceful in the last 10 years.The band breaking up,the work of creating a new GNR,the pressure on him to deliver,and it seems that his love life hasn't been all roses either.
   He isn't an ordinary songwriter either.Of course,he wrote songs about sex,drugs& Rock N' Roll,but the themes of his songs arevery varied and original.That's why CD won't be some aging rocker desperate attempt to get back in the spotlight

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: