Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 84347 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2004, 11:26:29 PM »

I couldnt' even understand what that basketball analogy was trying to say. Thanks for somewhat of a synopsis.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:21 AM »

The funny thing is, if axl said the same thing about the new band being a more talented live band than the old, there would be a thread with over 100 posts bashing axl and cussing him out.

I agree with that, And it's funny cos Matt said in inferno (finnish mag) that "we 3 (slash, duff, matt) were the good guys of GNR, and that they always gived 100% in their performance....Now Duff is saying that they were fucked up 99% of time
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 02:57:06 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
SLCPUNK
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2004, 02:49:23 AM »

It is really hard to believe that only a few people can read through what Duff is saying, He is claiming they are much better players now they are clean............

No shit man. It's not hard to figure out.

Some of you guys act like a bunch of fuckin' old ladies on this board sometimes!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2004, 03:52:03 AM »

Axl Rose, Buckethead, RObin Finck= 10000 times better than Velvet Revolver.  I admit I did buy the album for myself as well as my girlfriend, and I love Contraband.  But I always seem to bring up how much better the new GN'R is than VR.  We all know how obsessed davegnr2k with the new gn'r and how great of a band they are.  I would have to agree they are the greatest around.  VR comes in second, but not even a close second.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2004, 04:26:10 AM »

Axl Rose, Buckethead, RObin Finck= 10000 times better than Velvet Revolver.? I admit I did buy the album for myself as well as my girlfriend, and I love Contraband.? But I always seem to bring up how much better the new GN'R is than VR.? We all know how obsessed davegnr2k with the new gn'r and how great of a band they are.? I would have to agree they are the greatest around.? VR comes in second, but not even a close second.

Update: Buckethead is out.

And please, don't make it a Nu-GN'R vs. VR thread.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2004, 07:28:25 AM »

Axl Rose, Buckethead, RObin Finck= 10000 times better than Velvet Revolver.? I admit I did buy the album for myself as well as my girlfriend, and I love Contraband.? But I always seem to bring up how much better the new GN'R is than VR.? We all know how obsessed davegnr2k with the new gn'r and how great of a band they are.? I would have to agree they are the greatest around.? VR comes in second, but not even a close second.

Update: Buckethead is out.

And please, don't make it a Nu-GN'R vs. VR thread.

But BH will still be on the album,so there is hope.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2004, 07:32:46 AM »

gunsnroses-axl,duff,izzy,slash,mat
velvet revolver:slash,duff,matt and two new guys

then duff said that velver revolver singer are more talented than axl
and duff said ballshit because he is jealus of axl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2004, 09:11:34 AM »

gunsnroses-axl,duff,izzy,slash,mat
velvet revolver:slash,duff,matt and two new guys

then duff said that velver revolver singer are more talented than axl
and duff said ballshit because he is jealus of axl

He never even knocked axl, why make it more then it is.?

Lets just say he lived it, and feels the three ex gunners will be more productive clean then fucked up, which is the case, regardless how good they are..No doubt they're playing awesome live
Zerocool2
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2004, 10:57:15 AM »

He said: ".. I don't know if another band will ever achieve the kind of world domination Guns N' Roses managed. But if they do, it's going to be us."

Sounds like a challenge to me Axl. (Knock the shit out of 'em Axl).
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2004, 11:19:23 AM »

He said: ".. I don't know if another band will ever achieve the kind of world domination Guns N' Roses managed. But if they do, it's going to be us."

yeah, that'll be the day Roll Eyes

Chinese Democracy starts WHEN??

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2004, 11:22:48 AM »

It's amazing the hatred towards the old members, most likely he meant bands out there now, I doubt he sits around thinking of new gnr..Besided what's wrong with being confident in your new band, especially when two original and one replacement of the older gnr is in the band... He probably says this because he feels being striaght they can top their best from being fucked up... Duff just has faith in the guys, I'll tell you one thing they're tight as hell live and matt sounds great on ther drums..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2004, 11:49:46 AM »

It's amazing the hatred towards the old members,
Doesnt that say something? Doesnt that show that although they appear to be the victims, and appear to be the "good guys", that even some of thier old fan base sees through that and sees maybe the truth?

I find it very interesting how although in the public, Slash and Duff are considered the "good guys" and Axl is the villan, yet when you concentrate soley on the fanbase, it is split pretty evenly. Meaning, you have the people who dont view Axl like the public does, and people who dont view Slash and Duff liek the public does....

To me it shows that the truth has caught up to Duff and Slash. People read all the old interviews and form an opinion, then they see the old lineup change thier tune frequently and say questionable things. Then they see Axl, although quiet, has been consistent with what he says over the years.
The main problem the hardcore gnr fan has with Axl is the waiting of CD. NOt his personality or what he says.

I find it interesting how it has all unfolded over the years.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
madagas
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2004, 11:53:07 AM »

Kind of like Kerry and Bush. Grin
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2004, 11:57:06 AM »

Yep and when the chips are on the line....you know you want Axl..I mean Bush leading the way.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 11:59:35 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2004, 12:03:29 PM »

YG, I shouldn't even worry aboutt eh dribble people say these days, I think there's hate towards the old guys because of teh wait for cds, trust me if the thing was out ages ago no one would be fighting over these petty issues.. Alot of people jumped sides during the lawsuit issues, and after vr emerged.. How many times have I read CD isn't out because of duff nh slash, they have become villans too, I think it's unfair when it doesn't sem to be the issue, you can do an entire album and someone might be able to stop it from being released, but it would be done as far as it could be..

I like both groups, I'll be the first to admitt that I didn't like the change, when you grow up with one gnr, there is no other.. My only beefs with axl is how everything has went since 2002.. I've been tough on him, but not because of his singing, or his selection of guys, more on the forever wait.. The idea that he could be a little more into the fans (he knows there are sites devoted to cd talks) and give an update in some way every so often.. Those are things I can't understand, wether people accept the aswers he gives or not, it's part of being famous..

There's a site which is their official site, I can't understand why we can't get a nobody to run it and have little bits of info posted there every so often, or even make it the official site for selling gnr merchandise..Sorry I drifted,,..

I can onl;y speak for myself, I follow the vr interviews and I don't think the guys are doing anything bad which would make them be dissed so bad, sure they had drug problems, and whatever else.. The group is over, and it's not in either groups best interest to have a reunion at the moment (vrt is doing good, and would be a diss to have any ex gunner run for a reunion, they respect their band mates, and for the new gnr, there's way to much invested, so many guys and such a wait.. ) both need to prove things on their own..

To sum this mess up, I've always like the members of gnr,  I don't think the interviews are anything so bad to dislike someone so much.. I think it's out of frustration for the wait of cd, and as for axl my only beef is the lack of solid info, and all teh waiting, once everything hits it'll all work out, and people will ease up..Sure people will like one group better, I'll just try and like both and give each album a big listen before I say anything beer
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2004, 01:44:09 PM »

NuGNR is not existent right now, they don't exist. They are nothing, like a de-clawed cat or a de-fanged dog

VR is better than nothing, therefore VR is better than NuGNR ok

« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 01:46:58 PM by moreblack » Logged

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2004, 02:25:53 PM »

NuGNR is not existent right now, they don't exist. They are nothing, like a de-clawed cat or a de-fanged dog

VR is better than nothing, therefore VR is better than NuGNR ok

That makes VR better than The Beatles. They must be the best band in the history of recorded music!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
speed_stone
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2004, 02:46:31 PM »

lol @ jarmo.

just the fact that he is comparing the vr record which i can't even remember the name of and listened to 1 time to appetite for destruction and use your illusion 1 & 2 shows that duff isn't in his right mind. i used to like the guy for not turning on axl like a bitch, but judging by his recent comments in the media i'm starting to believe that he is just mad that he didn't stick around like dizzy did. instead he wanted to rush out this piece of shit record and put out ridicilous solo projects. it's a hard fall, so it must be a bitter thing to watch guns n' roses rise again without him on board.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 02:54:41 PM by S-tone » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2004, 03:07:43 PM »

My only beefs with axl is how everything has went since 2002.. I've been tough on him, but not because of his singing, or his selection of guys, more on the forever wait..
Exactely thats my point.
Also when you really look at it, the wait hasnt been that long, simply because of how the whole project has evolved. But thats for another thread.

The idea that he could be a little more into the fans (he knows there are sites devoted to cd talks) and give an update in some way every so often.. Those are things I can't understand, wether people accept the aswers he gives or not, it's part of being famous..
I understand. But is it that big of a deal that GNR havnt updated us during this whole time? We are still here. We are still anxiusly awaiting the album.
Axl knows the gnr fan will check out the album. So by revealing little tidbits of info he is taking away the mystique that has been built up over the years. The fact that the band says very little fuels the mystique even more.
Axl and the bands main goal is to provide the fans witht he best dam possible GNR could create. Lets say CD is a masterpiece and is considered by fans and media an all time great album. Will you then be syaing, O I wish Axl could have communicated more during the yrs?
GNR know we are here. They know we have been frusterated and anxious. Just hang in there.
When the album is out, and GNR are out in the public again, they will be much more fan oriented{in terms of website}

To sum this mess up, I've always like the members of gnr,  I don't think the interviews are anything so bad to dislike someone so much.. I think it's out of frustration for the wait of cd, and as for axl my only beef is the lack of solid info, and all teh waiting, once everything hits it'll all work out, and people will ease up..Sure people will like one group better, I'll just try and like both and give each album a big listen before I say anything

I think Axl summed it up best in Albany. But ill put it in the context of old gnr as a group...

Old gnr talk a big game butr when its all said and done its just not there. I particularly mean in terms of music. They say how Axls ideas were crazy, they just wanna rock, yadayadayada, u know the rest....yet when they put out thier album,IMO it doesnt match up to what they are capable of or have been talking about. Thats my biggest problem with the old guys...

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2004, 03:26:51 PM »

YG, I shouldn't even worry aboutt eh dribble people say these days, I think there's hate towards the old guys because of teh wait for cds, trust me if the thing was out ages ago no one would be fighting over these petty issues.. Alot of people jumped sides during the lawsuit issues, and after vr emerged.. How many times have I read CD isn't out because of duff nh slash, they have become villans too, I think it's unfair when it doesn't sem to be the issue, you can do an entire album and someone might be able to stop it from being released, but it would be done as far as it could be..

To sum this mess up, I've always like the members of gnr,? I don't think the interviews are anything so bad to dislike someone so much.. I think it's out of frustration for the wait of cd, and as for axl my only beef is the lack of solid info, and all teh waiting, once everything hits it'll all work out, and people will ease up..Sure people will like one group better, I'll just try and like both and give each album a big listen before I say anything beer

I would say it's the most intelligent post in weeks, but I can't say it, 'cause I really like all your comments and like your fight against stupidity. How sad you can't make others think....

So I agree with you and it's good to read comments like yours.  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: