Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Questions about the tour to come..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions about the tour to come..  (Read 3055 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: September 17, 2004, 03:22:52 PM »

I have to ask because I don't know anyone beside clearchannel, who is the biggest companies that take on big tours like something of a gnr nature?

Also following the 2002 tour who would be willing to risk so much being so much problems occurred last time with so few shows? Would most companys just prefer someone that's safe?

Being gnr hasn't released anything in so long but tommy seems to know when they're going to tour do you think someone has already been picked to take them on the road? Also don't they need to book arenas month n months before they tour, between ticket sales and actually getting the arenas? I would think they would have places boooked already..

I remember all the tickets weren't sold for the 2002 tour, so wouldn't it be wise to get this promo for the tour started early to ensure it being a success?

When they finally do tour what would happen if axl missed a show without giving warning, do you think this would end his touring career? I would think this time around they would have to have material on the shelves before they even think about doing shows..

Last tour I bought tickets to msg, but I knew for a fact they were touring when he mentioned the American leg during the vmas.. Just seems like if anything will be happening somewhat soon that things should be starting already..

It's strange to me having no news about anything from a single, to a video, to actuall tour dates, album date, etc.. Everything is very vague.. Undecided
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 03:34:09 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 03:26:50 PM »

ADZ will probably move your topic... Roll Eyes

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 03:28:30 PM »

ADZ will probably move your topic... Roll Eyes

Opps, I don't know where I was suppose to ask these things, it was just for discussion..  beer
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 03:31:54 PM »

Well...this guy moves every topic he sees...just like "ahhh already been discussed!" and blablabla...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:32:34 PM »

Um, no I wont, because though this has been discussed before it hasn't been asked by the world and it's wife, it's roommate, it's sister and it's cat.

Back to the topic please.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 04:35:37 PM »

Not one person Cry
Sterlingdog
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 04:54:08 PM »

I have to ask because I don't know anyone beside clearchannel, who is the biggest companies that take on big tours like something of a gnr nature?

I don't think there really is anybody else, at least not in the U.S.  At least, that's the point Howard Stern has been making for months, that Clear Channel basically has a monopoly.  Anyone not supported by, or refusing to use, Clear Channel will have a hard time getting a tour going.  Not impossible, but difficult.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 05:01:18 PM »

thanks sterlingdog..I know about stern's problems with them, I use to listen to his show all teht time..

Maybe he'll either go out of country, or ( now I finally know and see this) he'll have to make nice with them (axl) Up until this 2002 tour I never payed attention to who was running the tours for any group, I just knew how to get the ticket and watch the show.,,..

Seeing CC is such a monopoly shows how hard it is to do things.. I wonder who runs the smaller venue tours?

I had never seen a topic before saying the reason gnr might not be touring is because their only option is CC//Puts a new light on the issue...

I did email tehm right after philly because I was p[issed, they actually wrote me back saying a few things... I never saved the email because I didn't think it was of importance..

The person who replied said that the group had started canceling buses, hotels etc for future shows before philly happened..  I never got a follow up email when I asked more questions..
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 07:30:51 PM »

Even though GNR are seen as somewhat of a liability, almost any promoter would be willing to get behind a tour. With a new album to support, the band could easily have one of the top 10 tours of the year (next year or any year).

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 07:35:57 PM »

First, the rumored tour is in Europe, which has less (though not much less) of a concert-promotion monopoloy. From all accounts I remember fro this site, all the Euro shows were sold out and well recieved, and I think it may stand to reason that European venues and promoters would be more receptive towards a new Guns tour, especially in places like Spain and Portugal, who missed GNR the last time around. A US tour is an entirely different matter...clearly, for either CC to take another chance or another promoter to step up, the band will have to show results...e.g. a successful record, and and a reliable track record on any European tour of showing up and selling out shows.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Sterlingdog
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 08:18:11 PM »

A US tour is an entirely different matter...clearly, for either CC to take another chance or another promoter to step up, the band will have to show results...e.g. a successful record, and and a reliable track record on any European tour of showing up and selling out shows.

I think you are right, in the end CC will promote G N' R if it looks profitable to them.  But if they really had it in for Axl, they could potentially do some damage.  Not only are they the major concert promoters, they own many venues (over 200, I believe) and many many more radio stations.  I don't think its likely that they could hate him enough to give up profits, however. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 08:34:29 PM »

I remember all the tickets weren't sold for the 2002 tour, so wouldn't it be wise to get this promo for the tour started early to ensure it being a success?
No, actually it should be the opposite. They shouldnt start promotion until the release date is set in stone! Otherwise, if they say CD will come out on X, and then dont release it its more of a negative.
And starting the promo up early doesnt have anythign to do with success.
FOr GNr to be a success they have to release good music. The promo stuff will be the same as all other bands with maybe a few more marketing strategies and pushed a lot harder.

When they finally do tour what would happen if axl missed a show without giving warning, do you think this would end his touring career? I would think this time around they would have to have material on the shelves before they even think about doing shows
You answered your question with your last sentence. GNR will not be doing any tours until the album is ready to be released.

All of your other questions hinder on the album. If the album is great and it gets positive reviews and it does well Axl can come late, no show or do whatevr the fuk he wants. The difference is that they will have an album out. Plus the motivation factor will be magnified by the band even more on the next tour because they are pushing material they created and have worked so hard on.

It's strange to me having no news about anything from a single, to a video, to actuall tour dates, album date, etc.. Everything is very vague
Thats because we will get everything at once. Why mention anything if its not ready to go. They have created such a mystique about this album that they dont wanna throw it all out the window. When everything is set in stone, the promotional wheels will begin. Meaning, singles,videos,album,interviews,articles,and tour....

Once GNr have an album out and if it hits big, I promise you getting a promotor such as CC will not be a problem.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2004, 02:29:27 AM »

Younggunner, you mention some great points.....It's gotta be said that absolutely no realistic vendetta against Axl exists on CC's part....They are simply a business, and as such, are interested in nothing more than the bottom line.  I think this is just some misplaced disappointment or anger on the part of GNR's fanbase.  While it would be futile to speculate on what actually went down in 2002, the bottom line is that, for whatever reason, Axl did no show Philly...Now whether there was a decision regarding the tour prior to Philly or after, either by Gnr's camp or CC, for whatever reason, is irrelevant now.  If the record gets released to tremendous fanfare and shifts huge numbers, I don't see there being much of a decision to be made...GNR will be on the road.. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 11:52:29 AM »

Thanks
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY FOR YOU

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2004, 08:06:11 PM »

Im sure Gnr can find another way even if Clear Channel wouldnt back them. Pearl Jam found their way around the Ticketmaster monopoly in the 90's.

WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER LOOKING FOR NEWS
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004, 08:30:55 PM »

cc will back gnr
gnr will have to tour europe first
and if they see axl can behave in their eyes
they will back his tour

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 08:52:07 PM »

cc will back gnr
gnr will have to tour europe first
and if they see axl can behave in their eyes
they will back his tour

I agree, they should tour europe first anyways, seems to bring the biggest crowds as does japan.. USA things seem to take time.. I always though either cc or axl were suing one another for whatever reason, hence the reason we didn't get a public statement from the band explaining the canceled tour.. I saw him the night before at msg and he sounded great, his spirits were high ( i realy needed that) little joke towards conan, all was good.. I hear tommy say teh flu, but that seems a little silly.. I think it's more complicated
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: