Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:29:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bucket not touring with Brain anymore?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bucket not touring with Brain anymore?  (Read 15552 times)
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2004, 06:52:53 PM »

I never understand why anyone calls his playing emotionless. During the 2002 tour, I couldn't take my eyes off of him; he is always doing some very odd, yet world class little movement.

it is because they always judge with this Rock, Rock n Roll or even Jazz standards. the artist has to move, jump and shout and that's supposed to be emotions.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2004, 07:07:40 PM »

I never understand why anyone calls his playing emotionless. During the 2002 tour, I couldn't take my eyes off of him; he is always doing some very odd, yet world class little movement.

it is because they always judge with this Rock, Rock n Roll or even Jazz standards. the artist has to move, jump and shout and that's supposed to be emotions.

Yeah , and most of these "flamers" havent even seen buckethead play in his "own" element where he does move , jump AND shout .. and alot!!!

P.S. KV , I cant believe you said "world class" ahahaha

If it wasnt for the "dont post only smileys" rule I think I could hang out here alot more often.  rofl

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2004, 09:01:40 PM »

I'm dying to see any Soundscan numbers where Buckethead has sold more then 20,000 copies....................
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2004, 09:03:20 PM »

Nobody is taking away that fact that he is good.  What I'm saying is that he is not very popular because he is not relevant today or at any other time and that Brain would be better off staying with Axl just for the sheer potential it brings with it.  Let's face it, the bucket and mask gimmick is fucking retarded and he plays with so little emotion.  I saw him with GNR and he was damn good, but didn't move more than 10 feet one way or the other all night.  You can't take your eyes off him because he is wearing a fucking KFC bucket on his head, not because he plays with some great emotion.   Roll Eyes

He may be an excellent "technical" guitarist, but it seems that he would be incapable of creating a timeless piece of guitar music like Slash's SCOM solo or Skynard's Freebird solo or any other great and timeless piece of guitar music that you can think of.

You ask why would Axl beg him to join if he wasn't good.  Well he is good, but I still disagreed with having him in GNR from the get go.  I thought it was one of many mistakes that Axl has made and I would bet that Axl would agree with me now.

He may have 500,000 fans worldwide, but in the states I'd bet it is well below 50,000 and that is pretty bad considering there are about 250,000,000 people in the US.

Brain if you read this, and if you have even a small clue and want to graduate from session drummer to being in a top notch rock band that tours the biggest venues and plays before millions of fans, you will stick with Axl.  IF you want to remain in obsurity, you can stick with BH.

-TyRod-
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2004, 09:57:33 PM »

Tyrod, do me a favor and download population override...I'll even rip it for you....Just listen to the record once...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2004, 10:13:38 PM »

I have to say that I do agree with TyRod that Bucket has no emotion on stage.? When I saw him in Tacoma a couple of years back, I thought he was an unbelievable guitar player, but had absolutely no emotion, or stage presence.?

I personally really like Colma and Electric Tears.? Are their any other albums of his that are like those that I could get my hands on?? I really like his slower stuff much more than his faster material (alteast the fast stuff that I have heard).

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2004, 10:15:03 PM »

I do not have that BH record.  You don't have to rip it for me though, I am getting it right now on my own.  I'll burn it tomorrow and listen to it Wednesday and let you know what I think after that.

-TyRod
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2004, 11:20:12 PM »

Nobody is taking away that fact that he is good.? What I'm saying is that he is not very popular because he is not relevant today or at any other time and that Brain would be better off staying with Axl just for the sheer potential it brings with it.? Let's face it, the bucket and mask gimmick is fucking retarded and he plays with so little emotion.? I saw him with GNR and he was damn good, but didn't move more than 10 feet one way or the other all night.? You can't take your eyes off him because he is wearing a fucking KFC bucket on his head, not because he plays with some great emotion.? ?Roll Eyes

He may be an excellent "technical" guitarist, but it seems that he would be incapable of creating a timeless piece of guitar music like Slash's SCOM solo or Skynard's Freebird solo or any other great and timeless piece of guitar music that you can think of.

-TyRod-

what is timeless to you? why must this be a majority rules argument? I won't ever compare slash and bucket because neither deserve that comparison. There are a number of wedges of bucket that are timeless in my opinion: I love my parents, nottingham lace, Slunk, The Sheetz, Binge and Grab et al. i enjoy the complexity of those pieces as much as the raw rock sound of the SCOM solo. Just because more people can identify slash's axe work doesn't mean bucket's contributions are any less quality. Maybe in your mind, but music shouldn't cater to how many people have heard it.

have to say that I do agree with TyRod that Bucket has no emotion on stage.? When I saw him in Tacoma a couple of years back, I thought he was an unbelievable guitar player, but had absolutely no emotion, or stage presence.

As I said, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was unbelievable to watch. I grew out of the rock sour face solo with my Get A Grip album.

He may have 500,000 fans worldwide, but in the states I'd bet it is well below 50,000 and that is pretty bad considering there are about 250,000,000 people in the US.

once again, doesn't make a bit of difference one way or anther but he does have alot of fans.

Brain if you read this, and if you have even a small clue and want to graduate from session drummer to being in a top notch rock band that tours the biggest venues and plays before millions of fans, you will stick with Axl.  IF you want to remain in obsurity, you can stick with BH.

well, the fact that he works with so many people speaks volumes for his talent. i don't think brain is worrying too much about work. Whether GnR is still top notch remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 11:29:37 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2004, 04:42:50 AM »

Seeing the new Bucket dates, it seems Brain is not with him anymore.

So Tommy was right?!? (if so it will be the first time a band member says something that really happened)

Peace? hihi

Brain will be doing the Bucket dates, then the Tom Waits dates then returning to the gnr camp in January. This has come from Brain  (Jarmo has a copy of the correspondence)

ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2004, 04:42:51 AM »

According to information I received, Brain is touring with Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains until November.

Then he's touring with Tom Waits and after that back to GN'R.

Edit: Looks like Mysteron beat me by one second.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2004, 04:43:48 AM »

According to information I received, Brain is touring with Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains until November.

Then he's touring with Tom Waits and after that back to GN'R.

/jarmo

hihi I got there before you
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2004, 07:03:57 AM »

Seeing the new Bucket dates, it seems Brain is not with him anymore.

So Tommy was right?!  (if so it will be the first time a band member says something that really happened)

Peace  hihi

Brain will be doing the Bucket dates, then the Tom Waits dates then returning to the gnr camp in January. This has come from Brain  (Jarmo has a copy of the correspondence)

ok

and he is not going to take Buckethead with him? strange, I thought they joined GNR together and ONLY would join it together and now BH is out and Brain is still in. Crazy stuff happens.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

Ok
let?s calm down and realize
we got dizzy, tommy and now brain saying that GNR -> just next year
NOTHING will happens this year...
I think it?s enough to know

we?re in the middle of September

let?s wait another 4 months to get "good" news
Chinese Democracy is getting closer

TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2004, 09:01:38 AM »

Tyrod, do me a favor and download population override...I'll even rip it for you....Just listen to the record once...

Ok.  I burned this album this morning and will be listening to it during my workout at lunch.  I'll report back after lunch on my impressions.  I'll leave an open mind.

-TyRod-
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2004, 01:16:48 PM »

Ok, I listened to 45 min out of the 55 min album during my workout (workout only lasts 45 min).  I gave it an honest try and entered it with an open mind, and I can honestly say that I will never listen to it again.  My impressions:

1.  Each songs blends together and no one songs differentiating itself from the other.  Each song sounds just like the last.  After a while it all sounds like noise ... and not good noise at that.  There is not one memorable moment in the 45 min I listened to.

2.  I can now see why he can put out 2-3 albums a year.  From the sounds of this album, it appears that it was just improvised.  It sounds like the musicians are just jamming in the studio and whatever comes out is what is put on the cd. 

3.  All this really is is mood music.  There are no real emotions that are brought to surface.  This music may be nice to set a mood maybe as background music at a cocktail hour or maybe as a conversation piece, but it isn't really good for much else.  It invokes no real emotions in me at all.

Bottom line is that I would take 1 Slash riff over 1,000,000 BH riffs.  BH is a good technical performer (as this CD proves), but there is absolutely no substance there. 

Keep in mind this is just muy opinion and I'm sure there are dozens of peopel out there that can listen to this cd more than once.  It's just that I'm not one of them.

-TyRod-

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2004, 02:04:52 PM »

I suggest you take the Buckethead discussion to the right section from now on.  yes

Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2004, 02:08:19 PM »

Well this thread did spiral out from its original discussion to this point, but such is the evloution and nature of a discussion sometimes.  The basis of the original discussion is still being debated and that is whether or not Brain will or has left GNR.  Since it is still an active discussion in this section, can you please just leave it?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2004, 01:59:42 PM »

Ok, I listened to 45 min out of the 55 min album during my workout (workout only lasts 45 min).  I gave it an honest try and entered it with an open mind, and I can honestly say that I will never listen to it again.  My impressions:

How the fuck can you possibly call yourself a music fan when you can say something like that?

Never listen to something again after you've only heard it once?

I assume that you can't be a Tool fan...

...Or a fan of any other band with too much depth to their songs.

But as the boss said, right section, now.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2004, 02:54:17 PM »

Well... Agree with u Illusions! Never make up ur mind after the first listening!
Im a really BIG Tool fan. And the first time i heard ?nima, i dident like it that much, but there were something with the album that was intresting, and i heard it again and again. No its my fav album!

But back to Brain! Even if Chinese democracy will be released in Januar or February, the new should be right around the corner... lets say that CH will be out in Januar! Then im sure we`ll know it soon, Oktober, November? And, by the way, a single often come a couple og weeks, maybe month before the albume! So dont say that the rest of 2004 will be quiet just because Brain is doing other things!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2004, 03:48:34 PM »

Someone said Brain was never smiling during the 2002 Tour which means that he joined just because of the money.
But Brain never smiles...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 04:43:56 PM by Caligula13 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: