Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bucket not touring with Brain anymore?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bucket not touring with Brain anymore?  (Read 15610 times)
madagas
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2004, 09:47:19 AM »

speaking of Brain and Bucket...http://www.audiocourses.com/article345.html   article on Brain

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2004, 10:04:35 AM »

Is it possible that the two utes...  Wink

Is it possible that Brain just didn't join GN'R to play the old material? Is it possible that he joined because he thought the new material was great and he enjoys playing something he wrote himself a lot more than playing the old stuff?

Same goes for Tommy and the rest of them. People seem to think these guys joined because they wanted to play Appetite For Destruction at every show and when they say they never were big GN'R fans, they're only there for the money?  Roll Eyes

Josh Freese and Brain are both great choices for the drummer slot.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2004, 10:18:03 AM »

"they"? no I spoke especially about Brain. and only him,? Because I really have the impression he doesn't feel concerned by what's going on with GN'R. That's not the first interview I read where he seems so bored to work with GN'R. So if you think the money isn't his only and exclusive motivation, why does he stay if he doesn't like what he is doing with GN'R?...all the bad comments always come from Brain. I find that pretty weird...that's not the way a band should be. a band is like a sport team, like a football team you know, everybody should be concerned by what's going on.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 10:28:12 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2004, 10:19:45 AM »

Soi if you think the money isn't is only and exclusive motivation, why does he stay if he doesn't like what he is doing with GN'R?...

Where did he say the new music he's made with GN'R is boring?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2004, 10:20:05 AM »

Considering Brain's recent comments in a recent c2b3 article, his remarks at shows, and the current tour with c2b3, we have more reason to believe he'll remain a musician with bucket than we do that he's still with GNR.
madagas
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2004, 10:22:05 AM »

Oneway, where is that article?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2004, 10:25:24 AM »

Where did he say the new music he's made with GN'R is boring?
this is the way he speaks in his interviews. I remember that I read a couple of month ago an interview made by a fan who met him after a show and who asked him some GN'R questions and brain answered something like "as far as I'm paid..." and then he laughed on the GN'R situation. He didn't seem to give a shit about that. You can make a research on that, there used to be a topic about it. Lots of people (like me) were shocked. it was 2 or 3 month ago I think. So that's not the first time I read weird Brain comments on GN'R.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 10:33:59 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2004, 10:36:19 AM »

Madagas, I'm looking for the article now....I seem to remember it was billboard, yet I can't find it at the moment...I checked the bucketboards and Primusville to no avail...The blurb speaks about the recording taking a free-form carefree attitude, as opposed to GNR.  Brain says something to the effect of "It was liberating to explore a bit without having to worry about playing this Sweet Child O' Mine fill here and here at this exact moment."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2004, 11:04:16 AM »

This was posted earlier in this thread:

Although the band had originally attempted to go for a casual, somewhat open improvisational approach, things changed as the band recorded. "The jams gained structure and became songs, fairly reminiscent of Bernie's "Talking Heads" days." says Claypool. Brain and Buckethead, both of whom had spent time working with Guns N Roses, were ecstatic with their newfound recording freedom. "We approached it as a free-form," says Brain. "Every take was different. It wasn't like 'here's where I have do that lick for 'Sweet Child o' Mine' or something stupid like that."

http://www.c2b3.com/bios/bios.shtml

I remember that I read a couple of month ago an interview made by a fan who met him after a show and who asked him some GN'R questions and brain answered something like "as far as I'm paid..." and then he laughed on the GN'R situation.

I can see the humor in that statement....

/jarmo

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2004, 11:24:52 AM »

Although the band had originally attempted to go for a casual, somewhat open improvisational approach, things changed as the band recorded. "The jams gained structure and became songs, fairly reminiscent of Bernie's "Talking Heads" days." says Claypool. Brain and Buckethead, both of whom had spent time working with Guns N Roses, were ecstatic with their newfound recording freedom. "We approached it as a free-form," says Brain. "Every take was different. It wasn't like 'here's where I have do that lick for 'Sweet Child o' Mine' or something stupid like that."

http://www.c2b3.com/bios/bios.shtml

I remember that I read a couple of month ago an interview made by a fan who met him after a show and who asked him some GN'R questions and brain answered something like "as far as I'm paid..." and then he laughed on the GN'R situation.

I can see the humor in that statement....

/jarmo

i can see the humor too.
But I can also see some  Tongue feelings about his work in GNR. 
madagas
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2004, 12:03:50 PM »

Truth be told, I would get bored doing the same setlist of songs I did not write for 26 straight shows. There was absolutely no improvisation/instrumental jams by the band at all. (if there was it was very minimal). Buckethead and Brain are highly skilled improv/avant garde musicians. Playing the exact same thing night in and night out is not their cup of tea. Also, what does Brain really have to be excited about? They haven't toured in two years, there is no release date for the album, no tour dates scheduled-nothing! Blame Axl, don't blame Brain. rant
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2004, 12:11:37 PM »

Truth be told, I would get bored doing the same setlist of songs I did not write for 26 straight shows. There was absolutely no improvisation/instrumental jams by the band at all. (if there was it was very minimal). Buckethead and Brain are highly skilled improv/avant garde musicians. Playing the exact same thing night in and night out is not their cup of tea. Also, what does Brain really have to be excited about? They haven't toured in two years, there is no release date for the album, no tour dates scheduled-nothing! Blame Axl, don't blame Brain. rant

i agree and i find it rather sad that Axl (will lose) lost two great musicians....
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

If Brain cares about his career, he needs to be careful of what star he attaches his wagon to.

He can be loyal to BH and attach his wagon to that star and never be anything more than an underground avant garde freak show that makes no money and whom only a handful of people recognize, or he can attach his wagon to Axl and potential become part of what might be the one of the great music acts of the 00's and may become a household name that becomes synonomous with greatness. 

I have no idea how he could possible choose BH over Axl.   Undecided   But does anyone really care if he leaves?  I could care less.  As far as I'm concerned the band is a bunch of hired musicians that can be replaced and the parts moved in and out without any real impact. 

-TyRod-
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2004, 01:32:25 PM »

If Brain cares about his career, he needs to be careful of what star he attaches his wagon to.

He can be loyal to BH and attach his wagon to that star and never be anything more than an underground avant garde freak show that makes no money and whom only a handful of people recognize, or he can attach his wagon to Axl and potential become part of what might be the one of the great music acts of the 00's and may become a household name that becomes synonomous with greatness. 

I have no idea how he could possible choose BH over Axl.   Undecided   But does anyone really care if he leaves?  I could care less.  As far as I'm concerned the band is a bunch of hired musicians that can be replaced and the parts moved in and out without any real impact. 

-TyRod-

you just don't get what music is about, do you?
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2004, 03:37:15 PM »

you just don't get what music is about, do you?

Please enlighten me with your wisdom.  What is music all about to you?  I think that music is about different things in different musical genres, but I can't wait to hear what you think music is all about because you have made yourself out to be an expert here.

My statements above do not speak to what music is about in any way unless you are naive enough to think the words "selling out" actually mean anything.  Creating improvisational music with an underground group like that bucket of brains mess is an entirely different animal than creating a Chinese Democracy.  One will lead to nothing while the other may lead to greatness.  One will lead to fame and the other will remain underground.  Do you know why music remains underground?  Most of the time its because that where it belongs because it basically sux.

My statement stands.  Brain is a serviceable part that can be replaced with a few phone calls and a few auditions.  He is by no mean critical to GNR.  Hell if Axl thinks Slash and Duff can walk out and be replaced then he sure as hell can replace someone like Brain.

If Brain has any brains or any real career ambition, he will stay with GNR.

-TyRod-
madagas
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2004, 03:52:04 PM »

Brain is a very successful session musician and will also be touring Europe with Tom Waits in November. Waits is literally one of the best songwriters ever...yes, *gasp*, better than Axl. Brain is still a part of Gnr and I am personally glad. Tyrod, I will agree he is an easily changeable part but that is because Axl's music is essentially pretty straight forward. It is not hard to duplicate the drum parts of Steven Adler. Without hearing Chinese, it is unfair to judge Brain at this point.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2004, 04:05:26 PM »

He can be loyal to BH and attach his wagon to that star and never be anything more than an underground avant garde freak show that makes no money and whom only a handful of people recognize, or he can attach his wagon to Axl and potential become part of what might be the one of the great music acts of the 00's and may become a household name that becomes synonomous with greatness.?

I have no idea how he could possible choose BH over Axl.? ?Undecided? ?But does anyone really care if he leaves?? I could care less.? As far as I'm concerned the band is a bunch of hired musicians that can be replaced and the parts moved in and out without any real impact.?

-TyRod-

This is one of the single most idiotic posts I've ever read. clearly you have no idea what Buckethead does and why he does it. Please refrain from posting about things you know nothing about. I feel embarrassed for your ignorance.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2004, 04:11:47 PM »

Tyrod, I suppose by your logic, bands like Fugazi and Mr. Bungle suck, because well, they've never achieved a top 40 hit....They should remain in the "underground" where they belong...
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2004, 04:17:58 PM »

-TyRod-

This is one of the single most idiotic posts I've ever read. clearly you have no idea what Buckethead does and why he does it. Please refrain from posting about things you know nothing about. I feel embarrassed for your ignorance.

thank you for this great post. this is not a joke.
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2004, 04:26:10 PM »

You all missed my point..  I know that all music that is popular is not always good.  That is obvious.  My point was..and I said it twice, why would he want to stay in absolute obscurity and play improvisional music with BH, when his other choice is to ride out CD and maybe become huge.  I think it is safe to say that if CD becomes big it will be because the music is good an not because of marketing (i.e. Spears).

I know what BH does.  I have all his albums and I am going to see him in Providence next month at Lupo's.  He is avant garde and underground and will always be that way.  He has not written one single piece of music that will ever be remembered (except what he may have written on CD) nor will his music ever be considered classic in the future.  He is basically the 7th ranked shredder in the world and that is what he does best.  But it doesn't retract from the fact that his music is not very relevant.

There is no need to be so harsh about my post here folks.  To question my intelligence because I think Brain is stupid if he chooses BH over Axl is pretty bizaar.  And the next person that tells someone of this board to refrain from posting can fuck off.  Smiley

-TyRod-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: