Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:23:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bucket not touring with Brain anymore?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bucket not touring with Brain anymore?  (Read 15550 times)
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2004, 04:30:51 PM »

You all missed my point..  I know that all music that is popular is not always good.  That is obvious.  My point was..and I said it twice, why would he want to stay in absolute obscurity and play improvisional music with BH, when his other choice is to ride out CD and maybe become huge.  I think it is safe to say that if CD becomes big it will be because the music is good an not because of marketing (i.e. Spears).

I know what BH does.  I have all his albums and I am going to see him in Providence next month at Lupo's.  He is avant garde and underground and will always be that way.  He has not written one single piece of music that will ever be remembered (except what he may have written on CD) nor will his music ever be considered classic in the future.  He is basically the 7th ranked shredder in the world and that is what he does best.  But it doesn't retract from the fact that his music is not very relevant.

There is no need to be so harsh about my post here folks.  To question my intelligence because I think Brain is stupid if he chooses BH over Axl is pretty bizaar.  And the next person that tells someone of this board to refrain from posting can fuck off.  Smiley

-TyRod-

a rather strange post for somebody who has all BH's albums....how can "chinese democracy" be more relevant than BH? just because it sells more? will only albums be remembered that sold millions of copies because the amount of sold CDs sjows their greatness. what makes you so sure that BH will not become classic? it's like Woody Allen said: to have success you have to be different.
but success is more than the amount of sold albums...i think.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 04:42:48 PM by Caligula13 » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2004, 04:42:31 PM »

You all missed my point..? I know that all music that is popular is not always good.? That is obvious.? My point was..and I said it twice, why would he want to stay in absolute obscurity and play improvisional music with BH, when his other choice is to ride out CD and maybe become huge.? I think it is safe to say that if CD becomes big it will be because the music is good an not because of marketing (i.e. Spears).

I know what BH does.? I have all his albums and I am going to see him in Providence next month at Lupo's.? He is avant garde and underground and will always be that way.? He has not written one single piece of music that will ever be remembered (except what he may have written on CD) nor will his music ever be considered classic in the future.? He is basically the 7th ranked shredder in the world and that is what he does best.? But it doesn't retract from the fact that his music is not very relevant.

There is no need to be so harsh about my post here folks.? To question my intelligence because I think Brain is stupid if he chooses BH over Axl is pretty bizaar.? And the next person that tells someone of this board to refrain from posting can fuck off.? Smiley

-TyRod-

I disagree with everything you said in the second paragraph. How can you be a fan if you only consider him to be a shredder? Ever hear I Love My Parents? No guitarist has ever written a piece of music that has touched me like this piece. I seriously doubt you own all of bucket's work if your opinion is so low of him. And yes, I would suggest you not try to come off as an expert on a subject that oozes with your ignorance.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2004, 04:44:11 PM »

I disagree with everything you said in the second paragraph. How can you be a fan if you only consider him to be a shredder? Ever hear I Love My Parents? No guitarist has ever written a piece of music that has touched me like this piece. I seriously doubt you own all of bucket's work if your opinion is so low of him. And yes, I would suggest you not try to come off as an expert on something that oozes with your ignorance.

I love my parents from Giant Robot is great. really great.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2004, 05:09:39 PM »

I do have all his abums (must admit I got them for free off of IRC - thank god I didn't pay for that shit), and I have listened to then only a few times each.  They don't stand out as anything that great in my opinion and some are just downright not listenable or reek of being lame like that stupid Bucketheadland gimmick.  I have free tickets to see his show with Brain in Providence next month so I said I would go, otherwise I wouldn't be there.

I take it from your comments that you think Brain should, if he had to choose, stay with BH over Axl?

Killingvector, where do I come off as an expect?  And for questioning my intelligence twice...fuck off.  I didn't go to school to learn music, but I do hold 2 engineering degrees from one of the best engineering schools in the world.  My intelligence is not really questionable.  So instead of coming off as an expert in all things me, tell me why you think Brain would choose BH over Axl.

Caligulia, still waiting to hear your wisdom on what music is all about.

BH will never be anyuthing more than he is now, which is an artist that puts out 2 albums a year to no fanfare and even less album sales.  You don't have to sell a million albums to be considered good, but you do have to sell some album.  What are his sales numbers?  Not much is my bet.  And if not for his involvement in GNR for a number of years, he would sell even less.  Nobody cares to buy his music because no body knows who he is because his music is not relevant.

-TyRod-
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2004, 05:19:51 PM »

I do have all his abums (must admit I got them for free off of IRC - thank god I didn't pay for that shit), and I have listened to then only a few times each.? They don't stand out as anything that great in my opinion and some are just downright not listenable or reek of being lame like that stupid Bucketheadland gimmick.? I have free tickets to see his show with Brain in Providence next month so I said I would go, otherwise I wouldn't be there.

I take it from your comments that you think Brain should, if he had to choose, stay with BH over Axl?

Killingvector, where do I come off as an expect?? And for questioning my intelligence twice...fuck off.? I didn't go to school to learn music, but I do hold 2 engineering degrees from one of the best engineering schools in the world.? My intelligence is not really questionable.? So instead of coming off as an expert in all things me, tell me why you think Brain would choose BH over Axl.

Caligulia, still waiting to hear your wisdom on what music is all about.

BH will never be anyuthing more than he is now, which is an artist that puts out 2 albums a year to no fanfare and even less album sales.? You don't have to sell a million albums to be considered good, but you do have to sell some album.? What are his sales numbers?? Not much is my bet.? And if not for his involvement in GNR for a number of years, he would sell even less.? Nobody cares to buy his music because no body knows who he is because his music is not relevant.

-TyRod-

First of all,  I have neither the desire, patience, or time to explain "buckethead" to you. Since you have the discs, you can figure it out for your self what you are missing if you so desire. Clearly your assessment of Bucket as being a 7th level shredder with a handful of fans who follow a travelling freakshow is brutally ignorant and laughable. I hope you are a better engineer than a music appreciator, because i have to tell you, your insight on this issue is downright ludicrous.

As for Brain choosing Bucket over Axl; well, one is consistently touring while creating and releasing music several times a year, while the other has sat on hours and hours of tape since 1997with thus far no official indication that it will be released anytime soon. I don't at all second guess Brain for losing interest in a project that ended horribly in 2002. i would hope he would want to tour on this record, because it's partly his and bucket's. They deserve? the credit for their contributions, not to mention it would guarantee them significant bank and publicity. The question is really for those guys though: do they need those things or are their careers at a comfortable place where the spoils of touring on CD wouldn't enhance their work outside of Gnr?

if you don't like bucket, please don't go to his show. give your tickets to someone with an open mind.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 05:22:44 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2004, 05:24:54 PM »

I do have all his abums (must admit I got them for free off of IRC - thank god I didn't pay for that shit), and I have listened to then only a few times each.? They don't stand out as anything that great in my opinion and some are just downright not listenable or reek of being lame like that stupid Bucketheadland gimmick.? I have free tickets to see his show with Brain in Providence next month so I said I would go, otherwise I wouldn't be there.

1st off , you are a theif and shouldnt be allowed to post on htgth.com about stealing music. Second off , you outta give the tickets to someone how would enjoy them .. a fan. Or scalp them , whatever.

So instead of coming off as an expert in all things me, tell me why you think Brain would choose BH over Axl.

I'm not KV , but I will give my opinion. Buckethead and brain have been friends for a long number of years. They have been in many bands together and played countless shows and made numerous recordings. They are friends. They know the way each other works on stage and in the studio and they enjoy the same kinda music enviroment. One doesnt FORCE the other to play a certain way. they play off one another. I think brain would rather be in a band with Buckethead because of these reasons .. not to mention he can make big coin doing session work and he was famous for being such an indemand session drummer and the drummer for Primus before ever joining GNR.

BH will never be anyuthing more than he is now, which is an artist that puts out 2 albums a year to no fanfare and even less album sales.? You don't have to sell a million albums to be considered good, but you do have to sell some album.

So so ignorant. Buckethead has many fans. Many loyal fans. And his fans buy everyone of his albums. He doesnt sell HUGE numbers but he does sell enough albums , on small independant labels no less , to continue being able to record and sell more. Believe me , buckethead gets fanfare and rave reviews .. guitar mags cream over him and beg him for interviews and articles but Bucket shrugs them off cause he doesnt really want the "sell out" type fame. Maybe thats the biggest reason he left GNR. You really dont have any idea how loyal Bucketheads fans are and obviously you dont have any clue to how good his music really is , which is sad.

btw .. why do you think axl begged him to join GNR if the guy wasnt one of the best in the world right now?

TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2004, 05:28:18 PM »

Just because I don't like BH's solo music that much doesn't mean that I don't have an open mind.  Talk about an ignorant statement.  It is just personal opinion that I am stating here.  We are all entitled to that much.  His style of music is lame IMO.  Bucketheadland is the gayest thing I have ever listened to.  Do I call you ignorant for liking his music?  No, even though I think you have to be lame to think his music is really that great.  I refrain from that sort of thing because it is just opinion.  If someone said GNR was lame, would you think they are ignorant even though it is all a matter of personal taste?  Stop the insults.

Why do you think that you are more of an aficianado of music than I am just because I think BH is lame?  I bet we'd both find things in each others music collection that the other finds bad.  Grow up and stop the insults.

-TyRod-

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2004, 05:31:38 PM »

I called you ignorant because you said Buckethead releases albums to no fanfare , which is not at all true. therefore your statement was indeed ignorant .

Simple as that.  ok

TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2004, 05:37:23 PM »

I was talking to KV.  Smiley

And the reason I habve no idea how loyal BH fans are is because you never come across them.   He is not popular by any definition.  Which is fine if you are striving to be anonymous.  And the reason he doesn't do intervioews is because he is afraid to speak.  Its the same reason he wears a mask.  He has issue and the gimmick is wekass.

-TyRod-
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2004, 05:42:41 PM »

I was talking to KV.? Smiley

And the reason I habve no idea how loyal BH fans are is because you never come across them.? ?He is not popular by any definition.? Which is fine if you are striving to be anonymous.? And the reason he doesn't do intervioews is because he is afraid to speak.? Its the same reason he wears a mask.? He has issue and the gimmick is wekass.

-TyRod-

you don't have an open mind because you ignorantly regard bucket as nothing more than a shredder when he clearly is  much more, call his performance art a freak show, refer to his music as shit even though there are thousands of people who enjoy it. Your comments are abrasive and offensive to me. If you had an open mind you would realize that the so called 'shit' to which you refer is embraced by thousands of fans and critics. Even though I don't care for Prodigy or other electronica, i can appreciate the fact that millions find those sounds entertaining. I don't mock their interest by calling it shit. Only a very immature person feels the need to piss into the wind or masturbate as you have with your brutish comments you have posted. Get a clue, then get a life.

Why do you think that you are more of an aficianado of music than I am just because I think BH is lame?? I bet we'd both find things in each others music collection that the other finds bad.? Grow up and stop the insults.

A little late to try to turn this around on me. Your offensive comments were insulting to dozens of posters around here. I don't claim to be anything more than you or anyone else; I have respect for the tastes of others, unlike you.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 05:44:55 PM by killingvector » Logged

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2004, 05:46:07 PM »

I was talking to KV.? Smiley

And the reason I habve no idea how loyal BH fans are is because you never come across them.? ?He is not popular by any definition.? Which is fine if you are striving to be anonymous.? And the reason he doesn't do intervioews is because he is afraid to speak.? Its the same reason he wears a mask.? He has issue and the gimmick is wekass.

-TyRod-

You dont ever come across them? hmm , maybe you dont look hard enough. Why not stop by buckethead.tk and ask all 500 of us what we think? You remind me of what slash said in guitar world recently "I dont believe buckethead is real .. I mean .. I've never met him"  Roll Eyes

btw .. he isnt afraid to speak as he has done interviews in the past. Maybe the most notable being the MTV TV interview with kurt loder. If you were a fan you would know why he wears the mask and bucket and created a characther. The info is all there for any "fan" to find , straight from buckets own words. In fact it's all nestled away at bh.tk.  Wink

Speaking of "weakass" .. I think the more this goes on the more your arguement is being shown to be "weakass" ... go ahead though , feel free to keep talking out of yours  ok

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2004, 05:47:06 PM »

If buckethead has more then 20,000 fans worldwide, I don't believe it.  I'm willing to bet that Brain is with GNR no matter what come late December when GNR plays in Vegas, and I am also willing to bet that Buckethead isn't there. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2004, 05:48:09 PM »

smeagol, I'll take that bet. I bet he has more than half a million.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2004, 05:50:28 PM »

The Bucketed one is huge in Japan. However how in the heck can anyone post numbers of how many fans a person has? lol

However many fans he has doesnt really affect the skills he has on guitar.  ok

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2004, 05:52:33 PM »

yeah very true. LOL.

Grin

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2004, 05:59:22 PM »

didn't Monsters and Robots sell 550.000 copies?
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2004, 06:05:31 PM »

beats me. But I can atleast claim to have a copy I bought unlike our friend Mr.Tulip.  hihi

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2004, 06:10:08 PM »

beats me. But I can atleast claim to have a copy I bought unlike our friend Mr.Tulip.  hihi

i am also one of the 550.000, which is a great succes for a independent guitarist with a KFC bucket and a mask. i think this number is going to grow in the future...
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2004, 06:16:15 PM »

i am also one of the 550.000, which is a great succes for a independent guitarist with a KFC bucket and a mask. i think this number is going to grow in the future...

I totally agree. Everyday I find myself welcoming another bucketbot into the community. It's like , when they see him live they are hooked for life.  ok

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2004, 06:46:59 PM »

I never understand why anyone calls his playing emotionless. During the 2002 tour, I couldn't take my eyes off of him; he is always doing some very odd, yet world class little movement.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: