Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Completely done? + Mastering soon...so CD will leak pretty soon !
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Completely done? + Mastering soon...so CD will leak pretty soon !  (Read 10833 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 11:46:06 AM »

If a song leaks, they should just offer it as a free download or put it on iTunes as soon as possible. So people who wanted to hear it could do it legally instead of having to look for it.

Unless it's an unmastered or demo version of the song.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 11:59:49 AM »

If a song leaks, they should just offer it as a free download or put it on iTunes as soon as possible. So people who wanted to hear it could do it legally instead of having to look for it.

Unless it's an unmastered or demo version of the song.

/jarmo

Of course that would be the way to go, but I would think someone like axl would get a kick out of letting one go and see how people react.. I think that would be a great thing.. smoking
estranged.1098
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 12:09:08 PM »

Or they could just release a song as single.  Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 12:11:12 PM »

Or they could just release a song as single.? Grin

That would be the best, but without an actual release date I don't think it'll happen.. I don't know what road this band will take with singles n videos, but usually they go hand n hand, and I haven't heard anything about a video...

Greenday did the right thing by getting american idiot out way before the album hits stores..
estranged.1098
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 12:14:31 PM »

btw, someone please edit the title of the thread... mastering is not done yet.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 12:15:08 PM »

this is all well and good, but from what i can make out, all that's been said is that stinson 'imagines' it'll 'start' being mastered in oct/nov... that doesn't leave me hugely optimistic, but it is good to hear that progress is being made by the sound of things! have i missed an interview or something?

bob

Back In Power
AC
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

The day a song or the album leaks is the day I remove myself from visiting this board until the actual album is out (I don't want to hear a word about any song until I hear it first hand). I don't care if it's months in advance, I'm not ruining this wait to listen to crap quality mp3's or ogg files. No way! The first time I hear CD will be at home on my mixing monitors!

Aaron.
P.S. - I think I just sharted.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2004, 01:41:04 PM »

no stinking leaks for me.i will wait for the cd to hear it for myself.im planing a big party for the occasion.a few friends and some other goodies.it should be a good turn out.good music with good friends.

the one an only horsey !
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 01:53:31 PM »

Remember, that Dizzy said that are like 3 versions of one song. What if they let leak one of the less appealing and in the album appears the best version.  smoking  peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 01:56:39 PM »

Remember, that Dizzy said that are like 3 versions of one song. What if they let leak one of the less appealing and in the album appears the best version.? smoking? peace

Not if it's a planned leak done by the band, dizzy did say they had songs like 5-6 years old that they kept doing..I'd love to hear the first few versions to see how much the songs changed..
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2004, 03:22:18 PM »

When the "Bad Apples" demo leaked in early-mid 1991, it was slightly different.  The mix was a bit more raw, it opened with a countdown, and Dizzy's piano was not yet present.  I liked the song as an appetite-whetter, and it was a cool contrast to the finished product, but even at the time I felt a little guilty when I found out it was being played against the band's wishes.  I'd rather not see any leaks.
Back then leaking wasn't nearly the problem it is now, and there was only one leak, and it was quickly suppressed.  I think the current band's precautions virtually guarantee no leaks.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2004, 03:35:17 PM »

If there is a leak, I will downoload it, but I won't listen it but one song I'll choose randomly. But if Uncle Axl changes his mind and doesn't want to release the album and postopones it again, I will listen the whole leak.  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2004, 03:38:45 PM »

Anyone who thinks a release this big won't leak is an idiot.  When it does I will try my best to hold off though.  As much as I want to hear new material I've waiting so long that the experience of hearing it for the first time, with cd in hand, should be a lot of fun.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2004, 03:59:38 PM »

Tommy said it should start sometime soon, so it's not done yet. And even during the mastering, I don't believe it will leak. And there's no way I'd download it if it's crappy 128kbps MP3 anyway. I might think about it if it's lossless (SHN, FLAC, APE) but MP3 no way, I don't want to ruin my first listen of something I've been waiting for 11 years.

i guarantee CD will be on the internet before the public can buy it in stores whether it be a week or only a day beforehand, but i doubt it will be because of a leak during mastering or anything in the studio, and it wont be 128kbps it will either be 192kbps or variable bitrate

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2004, 04:05:37 PM »

i guarantee CD will be on the internet before the public can buy it in stores whether it be a week or only a day beforehand

Is that a money-back guarantee??? hihi

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2004, 05:44:42 PM »

Good one... Grin
If it leaks just a day before the release, that would be no big deal at all to me. I waited 11 years, it's not like 24 hrs would be the end of the world. I don't like MP3s anyway so it would be even easier for me!

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2004, 06:38:14 PM »

I've never seen anyone in the band say anything about a CERTAIN release date until Dizzy said they were planning November but shooting for February.  This means the album WILL be done by the end of the year.  BTW, Axl doesn't care what the public opinion is, he'll know when its done.  He's putting the album out for himself, not anyone else.
axllovin89
Opening Act

Shes got eyes of the bluest skies

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2004, 06:46:39 PM »

i think axl will end up making a brill album he has the most amazing mind when it comes to lyrics and i totally admire his views on the world, mainly i find that life sux.... but i'm a teenager i dont know any better hihi  Cheesy

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as a bright blue sky
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2004, 06:58:54 PM »

I haven't waited this long to spoil the initial listening with a crappy bootleg
ditto

I just really hope that it dosen't leak waayyy in advance, cause I don't want to hear about it before I listen to it.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2004, 07:04:48 PM »

I haven't waited this long to spoil the initial listening with a crappy bootleg
ditto

I just really hope that it dosen't leak waayyy in advance, cause I don't want to hear about it before I listen to it.

I understand what everyone is saying, part of me just wants to know it's real.. It's like I can't believe one day someone will actually say a release date, an actual point in time I can see on my calendar.. I know it sounds weird, I just feel like it will never come out.. I count the wait as since I about the SI.. It must be a little easier for newer fans.. I've been expecting something since Oh My God..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: