Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  discuss your favorite tv shows!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: discuss your favorite tv shows!  (Read 5737 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: September 15, 2004, 12:18:54 AM »

this isnt my infamous what are u watching post whore thread part 2.

this is a thread to discuss TV shows u watch every week, whats gonna happen etc etc.

For instance if anyone watches "the apprentice", "benefactor", big brother 5,survivor,6 feet under, nip/tuck,rescue me etc etc etc

ive never seen this thread before, so lets get discussing!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:49:37 AM »

The only show that I watch more or less religiously is Six Feet Under.  This past week was rather shocking.  Lots of stuff happened that I never would have imagined.  I know that people who aren't in the US don't get to see the current season, though, so I don't want to spoil the future story line for them. 

Plus, unless somebody else watches it and wants to talk about it, I'd just be talking to myself anyway.   hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:53:01 AM »

i currently love watching big brother 5, this show is awesome! does anyone else watch it? micheal,diane and drew are going for head of household, who will double cross who? i think its an awesome show.

Has anyone been watching the surreal life? FLavor Flav is so hilarious! jordan knight up to this point has been a prick.

journey
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 10:48:27 AM »

The only show that I watch more or less religiously is Six Feet Under.? This past week was rather shocking.? Lots of stuff happened that I never would have imagined.? I know that people who aren't in the US don't get to see the current season, though, so I don't want to spoil the future story line for them.?

Plus, unless somebody else watches it and wants to talk about it, I'd just be talking to myself anyway.? ?hihi

I watch Six Feet Under too.? I'm glad Nate finally discovered who killed Lisa.? That was very surprising. I was sure that Brenda had something to do with it, but I was wrong.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 04:11:10 PM »

i've only seen big brother's seasons 1-3.
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 05:46:31 PM »

My favourite tv show is WWE Raw

Its gone through a few some tough years recently in the ratings despite it's ,for me anyway, improved content.

I can't wait for this weeks as it's a after PPV event show so it should be great!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 07:07:49 PM »

My favorite show is "24".  I can't wait for the new season.

For comedy relief:  Everyone Loves Raymond, Still Standing and the old Seinfelds.  This is ELR's last season.  Sad

Why don't you just....
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 08:01:21 PM »

The only show that I watch more or less religiously is Six Feet Under.? This past week was rather shocking.? Lots of stuff happened that I never would have imagined.? I know that people who aren't in the US don't get to see the current season, though, so I don't want to spoil the future story line for them.?

Plus, unless somebody else watches it and wants to talk about it, I'd just be talking to myself anyway.? ?hihi

I watch Six Feet Under too.? I'm glad Nate finally discovered who killed Lisa.? That was very surprising. I was sure that Brenda had something to do with it, but I was wrong.

I can't believe how Claire is becoming such a druggie.  And George!  Poor Ruth...one bad man after another. 

journey
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 08:35:42 PM »

I can't believe how Claire is becoming such a druggie.? And George!? Poor Ruth...one bad man after another.?

Yeah, I think Claire gets high in almost every episode now. Now she's getting involved with Brenda's crazy brother. nervous
And, I feel really bad for Rico, because Vanessa refuses to get back with him. Poor guy.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 09:15:16 PM »

Probably Ali G repeats at the moment (never seen him first him round, as when I was in Ireland I never watched TV). I can't fucking stand people who watch, what I like to call "retard" TV (See Sukie and Journey). I have found myself watching more sports though. Comedys and sports, that's all I like.

I actually watched a very interesting biography recently regarding Jesus and the bible, which was interesting beyond belief.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 03:07:49 PM »

I still need to watch Six Feet Under.  It's one of those shows that I've wanted to watch for awhile, I just haven't done it yet.

Anyway, shows I like:

The Sopranos - 'nuff said.
Deadwood - The first season was brilliant.  I can't wait for the next season.  Though not quite as brilliant as The Sopranos, it makes up for it with a slightly more intense nature.
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Funniest show ever.  Even funnier than Seinfeld.
X-Play - OK, I'm a total geek about this, but it's a video game review show.  I don't even have to play video games anymore, I can just watch this show and find out they suck ahead of time.  Plus... Morgan Webb...   drool love

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 03:19:04 PM »

I still need to watch Six Feet Under.? It's one of those shows that I've wanted to watch for awhile, I just haven't done it yet.

Anyway, shows I like:

The Sopranos - 'nuff said.
Deadwood - The first season was brilliant.? I can't wait for the next season.? Though not quite as brilliant as The Sopranos, it makes up for it with a slightly more intense nature.
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Funniest show ever.? Even funnier than Seinfeld.
X-Play - OK, I'm a total geek about this, but it's a video game review show.? I don't even have to play video games anymore, I can just watch this show and find out they suck ahead of time.? Plus... Morgan Webb...? ?drool love

ive been wanting to watch "curb your enthusiasm" but i dont have satellite so i cant, ive always heard of how great and hilarious it is, i may have to buy a season on dvd or something.

My brother has the same infatuation with Morgan Webb on that Xplay show! lol! ok hihi

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 04:41:58 PM »

ive been wanting to watch "curb your enthusiasm" but i dont have satellite so i cant, ive always heard of how great and hilarious it is, i may have to buy a season on dvd or something.

It's worth buying on DVD.  Each season gets progressively more outrageous - the last season had me going "Holy shit he didn't just do that" every few minutes.

My brother has the same infatuation with Morgan Webb on that Xplay show! lol! ok hihi

She is amazing.  AMAZING.  And she plays video games.  REALLY, she does.   drool  drool  drool  Some guy hacked Madonna's website awhile back, and then used it to propose to Morgan.  She said "Send me the ring I'll do it"

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 10:46:38 PM »

Probably Ali G repeats at the moment (never seen him first him round, as when I was in Ireland I never watched TV). I can't fucking stand people who watch, what I like to call "retard" TV (See Sukie and Journey). I have found myself watching more sports though. Comedys and sports, that's all I like.

I actually watched a very interesting biography recently regarding Jesus and the bible, which was interesting beyond belief.

I can't fucking stand people who are such snobs when it comes to entertainment.   Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 09:59:12 AM »

Rather than start loads of different threads for different tv shows i though i'd just use this to discuss a few of my current faves.

Prison Break, Lost, My Name Is Earl & Supernatural i've discussed before (in the relevant threads...) so i won't delve into them i'll just simply say all 4 are Fantastic Shows and i look forward to the new seasons at the end of this year.....

Deadwood - The first season was brilliant.? I can't wait for the next season.? Though not quite as brilliant as The Sopranos, it makes up for it with a slightly more intense nature.
In the past few months i've had marathon sessions watching this show.  I'd seen it advertised but never watched it, and as somebody who likes to see an entire series (start to finish i won't start watching mid season....) i decided to download the whole of the first series.  Fantastic stuff! It's probably the closest i have seen to a realistic portrayal of the western ways of old.  Ian Mcshane (Lovejoy! rofl) steals the show as Al Swearengen one of the best villians in a tv show in years, he delivers the line cocksucker with such venom i found him hilarious, he's a nasty bastard but you can't help but love him.

I've also been watching the NEW Celebrity Deathmatch, i was really happy when i heard they were bringing it back and for the msot part it's been quite amusing, i like how they've improved the animation and the Michael Jackson piss takes each week have been really good......

.....My other favourite show of the moment is Supergroup.  Great to see all these musicians working together, Ted Nugent is a legend and i really like the guy.  I've always been a big Sebastian Bach fan but on the show he is really coming across as an asshole.

Did anyone see the BBC Series Life on Mars? a few months ago.  That was a great show with for once an original idea.  Here's the plot outline from imdb.com ......After being involved in a car accident in 2006, DCI Sam Tyler (John Simms) wakes up to find himself in 1973, the era of 'Sweeney' type policing, Mark III Cortinas, and flared trousers.

So basically you have a 70s cop show, with great music.  What is entertaining to see is how their 2 methods of policing clash, plus you also have the time travel aspect where he is trying to get back to 2006.....Great stuff!
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 10:15:55 AM »

without any shadow of a doubt....24

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »

Soprano's sucked ass this season. WTF was with that season finale??

My fav's currently are Lost, Deadliest Catch, Earl, The Office and football {American} anything football. College/Pro Sunday, Monday night, Saturday, Thursday night. Anything.

In the past watched The Apprentice, kinda jumped the shark when the moved it to Mondays, and the Simpsons have sucked for several years now. The Office British version is hysterical.. Got it on DVD.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 11:46:44 AM »

... he delivers the line cocksucker with such venom i found him hilarious...

It can only ever be the second best cocksucker ever, though.

I've never seen it, but I'm sure it's no "... Hand me the keys..." Grin

Oh, and I'll throw X-Files in. Best. Show. Ever.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »

Oh, and I'll throw X-Files in. Best. Show. Ever.

Wrong, Married with Children. Period.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »

I love 24. It ROCKS BRO. But i hate the Apprentice. Tis soooooo boring

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: