Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What commercials can you not stand?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What commercials can you not stand?  (Read 9395 times)
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 07:10:31 PM »

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Lenny Kravitz/Sarah Jessica Parker commercials. Seriously, there can't be a more annoying commercial. Lenny Kravitz pissed me off with the fucking target commercials but now he has to move to GAP to make some money. Ridiculous.
journey
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 04:55:39 AM »

There was a commercial from the early '90s, and it had a bunch of white girls rapping on a basketball court about perfume. It used to annoy me. I only remember the end of the commercial when they say, "you know what I'm sprayin'?!" But, I can't remember what they were spraying. I wonder if anyone remembers the name of that badass perfume?  hihi
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 05:04:11 AM »

The Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo commercial gets on my nerves.? And, the Sunny D commercial creeps me out.

Jesus I'm damn sure the same just arrived in France ... I just hate when they translate commercials ... It's seems to be a rule w/ shampoo ... we have Oreal too w/ american actresses or models saying "Parce que je le vaux bien" and you keep reading on their lips : "Because I worth it"  Roll Eyes Tongue

But at least in France a film cannot be cut more than once on private TV channels ... I never succeeded to follow a film on TV in the US !  Grin

The force ... the force ...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2004, 05:12:37 AM »

There was a commercial from the early '90s, and it had a bunch of white girls rapping on a basketball court about perfume. It used to annoy me. I only remember the end of the commercial when they say, "you know what I'm sprayin'?!" But, I can't remember what they were spraying. I wonder if anyone remembers the name of that badass perfume?? hihi

u know u really love that commercial, stop frontin! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2004, 07:37:56 AM »

"I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Lenny Kravitz/Sarah Jessica Parker commercials. Seriously, there can't be a more annoying commercial."

actually the editing in that was really good...I do like the 30 second spot though as opposed to the longer one.

As far as commercials go...any commercial put out by a drug company...you gotta a problem, take a pill.... Roll Eyes
I love the way they rattle off all the side effects really fast, and they way they cast "beautiful people" in all the ads...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2004, 11:03:25 AM »

THE JAMBA RINGTONE COMMERCIALS ON MTV. THE FUCKING JAMBA RINGTONE COMMERCIALS.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 04:29:29 PM »

The problem with the comercials you've mentioned is that they are so damn boring and ordinary. Agencies don't really care anymore as song as they get the desired" nike" "gap" or " Mcdonalds" account to name a few. Once an important account is signed, you will no longer be creative anymore. Besides, every ad on tv is trying to sell the same assets these days. The clich? "sex sells" is the biggest blasphemy in advertising these days. It's true sex sells indeed, but when it's overused to sell everything from car tires to fucking tylenol, you wonder what in the world has happened to advertising.

I do watch commercials on TV. However, I tend to pay more attention to print advertising since that's what I do. They are still shit. Every now and then you'll see an ad that's knocked off your feet and you go " wow, this is why I chose this profession" but it doesn't come very often.

The problem is, we are exposed to too many forms of advertising on a daily basis. Advertising has become annoying for most of us because it's everywhere you go. Even I get annoyed.

Anyway, I'm not gonna carry on cause I could still be typing tomorrow...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 04:49:20 PM »

the nike (for nike shox shoes) one, where the guy runs after a cart and has a hot dog in his hand .... i think the music drives me nuts.

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 04:55:16 PM »

anything DITECH

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 05:07:19 PM »

Magic Moment one from Cadbury...tj knows perhaps.
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 08:20:32 PM »

Commercials brain wash you, and T.V. feeds you full of crap that you don't need.

But the internet is completly healthy for you.     Lips Sealed

"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye."
-BILL HICKS
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 08:23:00 PM by Throatrake » Logged

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
GnRNightrain
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 11:19:34 AM »

Okay, I'm kind of bragging, but I never have to watch commercials anymore except during sports games.? Get a Tivo or something similar everyone!? It's completely worth it.? Where I live, it's only a $10 setup fee plus an extra $5 a month for a box, there's no reason not to get one.

Like youngerformofaxl, I hate pretty much all commercials too.
Definately one of the greatest inventions in the last hundered years.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 07:45:17 PM »

Old Navy commercials make me sick. puke

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2004, 06:00:23 AM »

THE JAMBA RINGTONE COMMERCIALS ON MTV. THE FUCKING JAMBA RINGTONE COMMERCIALS.

Agreed. Those companies must have a hell of a lot of customers and/or make a huge profit margin on ech tone sold to be able to afford such a bombardment of adverts.

They've started on terrestrial too.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
RichardNixon
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2005, 09:37:52 AM »

Thought I'd bring back with golden oldie:

The Morgan Stanley adds
Philip Morris anti-smoking adds
Those anti-drug, tough-love adds, the ones with the black parents being fascists.
Adds for magical cures for bald/baldng men
ED adds

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005, 09:50:12 AM »

I mute all comercials when I can. It's a rule in this house.... hihi

i do the same.
when i was visiting my girlfriend in october, her and her 2 roommates were so mad. i was the man, i had to rule the remote Smiley and i muted the commercial. i almost missed some of the premiere of Colbert Report because the remote was fucked up.

but hey, i really dont know how you do it in the us with all the commecials on tv .... it's insane ... i was watching some Chapelles Shows i downloaded - and the rippers get the commercials out - he says " we'll be right back " every 3 minutes ?! !! !

Evolution
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2005, 11:14:41 AM »

There is an ad in the Uk about Marks and Spencer's X-mas food range, so annoying!

"This just isn't any old chocolate pudding, it's a Marks and Spencer endangered rare chocolate pudding."
inebriated_weirdo
Opening Act

talking to myself

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2005, 04:33:19 PM »

There is an ad in the Uk about Marks and Spencer's X-mas food range, so annoying!

I know! I despise that advert... "This isn't just  a chicken...."-YES IT IS!

"I mean, where do you even get black death vodka?
In Hell?!?"
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 06:47:39 PM »

Is this commercial I'm mentioning advertising for honda?

anyway I hate how this man leaves the house and then all of a sudden he's falling down in a parachute off of a cliff in the grand canyon.

I couldn't stand that burger king commercial with that band "cock rock" advertising chicken fingers.
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 11:49:22 AM »

the riesen commercial, dubbed to swedish from german haha

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: