Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Arena Tour?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arena Tour?  (Read 9609 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: September 09, 2004, 04:59:29 PM »

I'm not too sure what the band is planning on doing after their current tour in Europe, but I suppose a tour of arenas in North America would make sense.  Is it possible though??  Velvet Revolver have become a pretty popular band, but do they have it in them to fill up 15-20,000 seat arenas??  Fall To Pieces is doing good, but it certainly hasn't exploded up the charts or anything (yet  Tongue).  In my opinion the best idea for getting the band into larger venues is through a co-headlining tour.  I can't really think of a band that would match-up well with Velvet Revolver though.  What are your thoughts about an arena tour?  Who would be a good co-headliner (or well=known opening act)?  Would VR's live intensity translate well to a big show?

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 07:09:18 PM »

they are already planning arenas for this fall

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 08:39:20 PM »

I can`t see them filling arenas just yet.

Most mainstream listeners are just becoming aware or have recently found out about them.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 04:46:20 AM »

I can`t see them filling arenas just yet.

Most mainstream listeners are just becoming aware or have recently found out about them.

Yes, you are right. I think they should find a good co-headliner (Brides Of Destruction? Audioslave?) or join something like Ozzfest. And after the second album they'll fill arenas alone, but not now.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »

I find it hard to believe that VR is arena ready. Even Guns didn't headline arena's til 3-4 albums in & they were the biggest thing ever.  They need another album with a monster anthem or something before they expect to fill arena's.

I say they play theaters in all the major college towns this fall/winter(less than 10,000 capacity places) & then headline a traveling summer festival, release another album, then hit the arena's!

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
darkmonth
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

Even Guns didn't headline arena's til 3-4 albums in...

Where the hell do you get this info Huh?

Guns N' Roses were headlining the biggest tour in the world in STADIUMS, BEFORE the Use Your Illsuions albums were released!!!!!

hehe... jeeez dude.  Do you even remember Guns N' Roses back then ?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 09:33:12 AM »

They could pull of venues of about 10k... I think fter ftp's they will be set, they need to take places like germany, & the uk and instead of doing say 3-5 shows do one in each country... This will have people travel for one show... That's how I feel....There are definetly enough fans, just need to spread the dates wisely..

I want them to play msg, it's about 19 thousand seater, they would definetly sell the place out, they just need to do ONE show in nyc... You'll get fans from nyc, jersey, & conn... Bigger venues need less shows in certain areas...People will travel for good music.. yes
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 06:18:23 AM »

I agree, I don't really see them doing anything over 10,000. They may not even sell those out but that doesnt really matter. I think Fell To Pieces is gonna shoot them in the foot and backfire. Its to 80's and comes across cheesy. I know its deep song to Scott but it doesn't really come across that way. I was sick of it after like the second time I heard it. And most of the world when hearing it just think its a love song.

atto
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 08:08:37 PM »

Well, the only Arena show confirmed is a festival, they're headlining and it's called Rocktober fest. It's on October 25th and it's in Hidalgo, TX. The link is here http://www.neweratickets.com/index.cfm?v=54
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 09:38:58 PM »

And most of the world when hearing it just think its a love song.

Huh

Did they call you up afterward or something?  Was a poll taken?  That claim is a little presumptuous, dont you think?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 09:44:13 PM »

Even Guns didn't headline arena's til 3-4 albums

excuse me? LOL!
they sold out wembley stadium in 1991 within 10 minutes before the "Use Your Ilusion" release. back in the days GN'R were fucking huge.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »

And most of the world when hearing it just think its a love song.

Huh

Did they call you up afterward or something?? Was a poll taken?? That claim is a little presumptuous, dont you think?

Ok , I didn't totally think that out before I said it.   But If you do not know anything about Scott and you hear the lyrics you wouldn't think it was anything about his drug issues and getting sober or whatever else was going on in his life. It just sounds like a love ballad about some guy being miserable without a chick. I know this doesn't speak for anyone but my buddy got the CD the other day and pointed that song out specifically as being lame. I have seen two people now switch the song on the radio when it came on because it was cheesy. And myself who is a VR fan doesnt really like the song. Whatever the song is cheesy and it's songs like this that kill bands.

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 11:40:26 AM »

Where the hell do you get this info Huh?

Guns N' Roses were headlining the biggest tour in the world in STADIUMS, BEFORE the Use Your Illsuions albums were released!!!!!

hehe... jeeez dude.? Do you even remember Guns N' Roses back then ?

Ok dumbfuck, what material were they playing? UYI material. It's just that the records kept getting postponed by u know who, but the concerts were already booked. So they played the gigs a few months before UYI's were released.

GnR were not headling huge stadiums & arena's until they had 3-4 albums worth of material to play from. Get it?!?

Can u people think?

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 12:08:11 PM »

5-10,000 seaters for now

whether they will play arenas will depend on how good the next record is. Contraband is great but it lacks a true Anthem other than Slither.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 12:10:37 PM »

They could choose to do one show in a certain areas, rather then three shows..  That's the only way I could see a big seater working
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 12:13:26 PM »

Of course they could also be selective and do bigger shows in big places like NYC...msg ok
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 12:17:38 PM »

whether they will play arenas will depend on how good the next record is. Contraband is great but it lacks a true Anthem other than Slither.

Slither an anthem? Anthems have obvious, great chorus' that crowds can sing along with, huge, memorable guitar hooks, etc....

Contraband has no anthems, basically because Weiland writes way to abstract & relies heavily on vocal melodies/studio tricks to keep up with Slash & co. instead of just belting out huge vocals. 

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 01:59:39 PM »

they are playing a 18000 seat gig as one of the first announced new shows

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 02:26:04 PM »

Slither an anthem? Anthems have obvious, great chorus' that crowds can sing along with, huge, memorable guitar hooks, etc....

Contraband has no anthems, basically because Weiland writes way to abstract & relies heavily on vocal melodies/studio tricks to keep up with Slash & co. instead of just belting out huge vocals.?

If you go see VR live you would know what I mean. I not saying it's of epical proportions as Jungle. paradise city is but you can't deny that it's the song that keeps the crowd going the most out of the new songs
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 03:11:25 PM »

If you go see VR live you would know what I mean. I not saying it's of epical proportions as Jungle. paradise city is but you can't deny that it's the song that keeps the crowd going the most out of the new songs

Actually, I have seen VR live & I would have to say the reason people seemed more into Slither is for the simple fact that it's the only original song most of the audience knew. It's a nice little rocking song, but I doubt it conjures up any "anthem" type of emotions from anyone. Is there even a memorable chorus? No. Is there a huge, bring down the house guitar break. No. It's simply not an anthem of any type.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: