Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:29:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH To Perform With JAMES BROWN, LENNY KRAVITZ At 'Rock Through Time' Event
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH To Perform With JAMES BROWN, LENNY KRAVITZ At 'Rock Through Time' Event  (Read 1583 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 09, 2004, 04:30:09 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) will join James Brown and Lenny Kravitz onstage at Miller Brewing Company's "Rock Through Time" event, the grand finale to Miller's celebration of Rolling Stone's 50 Years of Rock and Roll summer. Slash will perform an as-yet-undetermined song with James Brown and will join Kravitz for a rendition of Lenny's track "Always on the Run", informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

The collaborative performances will take place on Friday, September 17 at the Roseland Roseland Ballroom in New York City. "Rock Through Time", a two-day concert event, will conclude on Saturday, September 18. Additional performances are expected from Slash's band VELVET REVOLVER (on Sept. 18), CHEAP TRICK and THE DOORS OF THE 21ST CENTURY, among others.

In other news, Guitar World magazine is said to be planning a special "Legends" issue on Slash that will hit stands in late October. A tribute to the former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist and his career, the entire issue will feature recent and archival photos and interviews with Slash from past Guitar World interviews. Other artists that have been featured with "Legends" issues recently include LED ZEPPELIN, VAN HALEN and STEVE RAY VAUGHAN. 

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/index.aspx

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 05:05:45 PM »

I can't wait for that issue of Guitar World!  ok
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 03:28:25 AM »

Yes, that should be a pretty good fucking read. I hope they release an official copy of those performances also, that would be phat. I love James Brown, and Lenny is talented too although I dont really dig his music anymore. Let Love Rule was a great album though!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: