Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think chinese democracy will become a 'great lost' album?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think chinese democracy will become a 'great lost' album?  (Read 5533 times)
Gordi
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:11:35 AM »

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone agrees with me when I say that Chinese Democracy will most likely follow the path of the Beach Boys 'Smile' album, Martin Scorcese's 'Gangs of New York' movie etc?... I personally think that it will be thought of in much the same way as Smile: a lost classic that could have changed music forvever. Or Gangs of New York: in work since 1977 finally released 2002...who agrees?? Huh
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 11:15:16 AM »

i thought about that many times.....but don't see it happening.
it will be released, the record company wants it's money back
(post no. 500, damn it, i lose my rocker status)

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
fixintodie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 11:19:28 AM »

I think it already is considered lost by most people. Of course that will change when/if it's ever released.  drool
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 11:22:04 AM »

I think it already is considered lost by most people. Of course that will change when/if it's ever released.? drool

What he said

EEEERRRR Little boy
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 11:40:37 AM »

It will never be released. Hope I'm wrong peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
fixintodie
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 11:46:46 AM »

Just imagine when this is all over. We all own C.D. and after the tour, the inevitable question...'When's the follow up?'

The nightmare begins again...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 12:24:06 PM »

Just imagine when this is all over. We all own C.D. and after the tour, the inevitable question...'When's the follow up?'

Never really thought about that , damn.Why are guns fans so tortured? nervous

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 12:34:03 PM »

I hated gangs of NY lol. I think the only way the album will fly under the radar and be "lost" is if Axl never releases it. Even if it turns out to suck it will still garner alot of attention upon it's release.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 12:47:57 PM »

Right now it is a 'great lost album'

Thats the best thing Axl has going for him right now, he has the mystique of Chinese Democracy following him everywhere.  Once its released he loses that. Do you think everyone follows Scorcese around now asking about Gangs of New York, once that movie came out it wasn't a mystery anymore.....no one whispered about the movie in the works since the late seventies.

I'm afraid Axl doesn't want to give the up.
madagas
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 01:14:36 PM »

Actually I believe there will be a release of the album soon. However, I also believe there are a couple of "lost" versions of Chinese within the last six years. He plainly stated after Rio that the album would be out by summer and a single in spring 2001. I believe that album was shelved or he simply got cold feet with it and went back in the studio. Then, you have the 2002 fall statement where he said they had a tracklist etc. That could have been version 2. Now, over two years later, I can't imagine Axl has stuck with the tracklist from 2002 because more recording was done in early 2003 and still continues till today.  hihi
bubba
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 03:17:37 PM »

the blues is shit...or the shit, i forgot Huh
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 05:29:09 PM »

the blues is shit...or the shit, i forgot Huh

bubba, go back to spamming the strip Roll Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 07:39:33 PM »

Right now it is a 'great lost album'

Thats the best thing Axl has going for him right now, he has the mystique of Chinese Democracy following him everywhere.? Once its released he loses that. Do you think everyone follows Scorcese around now asking about Gangs of New York, once that movie came out it wasn't a mystery anymore.....no one whispered about the movie in the works since the late seventies.

I'm afraid Axl doesn't want to give the up.

I agree mostly with what he said. To me there is now so much mystery around this album and its unknown release that to me its harder to imagine it actually being released and not have an inclination as to how good it is. Axl will always be a musical icon no matter if the album ever surfaces or it doesnt. I cant think of any other artist who has lived in the shadows recording in sollitude for years of heitus that is still praised hook, line and sinker no matter no matter how many dissappointments have been dished out

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 11:16:45 PM »

Ominous words.  Great post.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 11:19:19 PM »

nope geffen will never let that happen

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2004, 02:52:54 AM »

nope geffen will never let that happen

they already have...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 05:23:26 PM »

i really hope im wrong , but the album wont get relased , i dont even think that Axl is working in the album anymore , maybe he goes to the studio an does something but not really trying to finish it.

in other thing to belive wether the album will come out or not its not about if you are a true fan or not , because many pople post things like that if you belive the album wont be out. ill be happy if im wrong on this , and Axl release tht album
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 06:31:50 PM »

i really hope im wrong , but the album wont get relased , i dont even think that Axl is working in the album anymore , maybe he goes to the studio an does something but not really trying to finish it.

i agree with you.. because think about it.. axl already owned the world at one point and now he's living very comfortably in his mansion and his new car and etc.. he doesnt even have an obligation to the fans anymore because didnt he tell us to live our lives and when it comes out, we'll know or something to that content? he could give two shits about the fans.. i love axl axl i would definetly understand if he never released anything again.. i'm like axl myself in the sense that we both like to keep to ourselves (be that a good thing or a bad thing) and if i was on top of the world for six years and couldnt go anywhere the cameras didnt follow me, for six damn years, then i wouldnt wanna be in the spotlight again either..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Gordi
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

I think you guys are right about the whole mystique thing...and yes guns fans are tortured!  Cry
But what I was getting at was that maybe chinese democracy will never be released, axl may call it quits or release another album instead! maybe leaving this one to fall under the tracks, it's not like they don't have enought songs anyway. what was it 3 albums worth?
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

its certainly making merits!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: