Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:51:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy parody/commercial appears on VH1
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy parody/commercial appears on VH1  (Read 12862 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2004, 01:55:21 PM »

i agree with the whole why would they do that argument.

why GNR? why a band that has done very little? No one can sit here and try to convince me that the Behind the Music was to strictly promote VR. U have the A-Z etc etc now this commercial, the BTM november release date, it is almost sept, the month where something has to go down if we are getting it this year.

Will be interesting to watch the VMA's tonight, not that i think they will be there, but a commercial or anything is possible.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2004, 01:59:15 PM »

It could be the first part of the commercial... and theres more to come... Undecided
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2004, 02:00:14 PM »

i agree with the whole why would they do that argument.

Because the theorized release of CD has been one of the biggest jokes in the music industry for along time now....

That said, I'll be watching the VMA's tonight for the same damn reasons all of us here will...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
takeshi
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2004, 02:27:58 PM »

Please stop with the conspiracies. Its just a joke. When there is a commercial on tv we will know about and see it.

Its pretty cool to see people would actually put commercials on tv about this album. When theres an actual release date the hype/press and anticipation is going to be at an all time high.

It's not THAT simple. I know that it could be a commercial for a show they're preparing, but if it's not then TV time is too expensive to be spent on jokes. Trust me, I know lots of shit about this. It's definitely not just a joke. It could be a joke as a part of a show they're preparing but they don't have enough time to make fun on fans...

If you're saying that commerical time on VH1 at 2am is expensive then you obviously don't know "lots of shit".  The only people watching at that hour are alcoholics and the unemployable, hardly the prime demographic that advertisers go for.

If anyone thinks that this ad came from Axl then they are seriously delusional.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2004, 02:31:36 PM »

Most alcoholics are passed out by 8pm  Wink

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2004, 02:36:02 PM »

If you're saying that commerical time on VH1 at 2am is expensive then you obviously don't know "lots of shit".? The only people watching at that hour are alcoholics and the unemployable, hardly the prime demographic that advertisers go for.

That's your opinion.  Roll Eyes

You can't imagine how many people stay up late watching tv. TV TIME is valuable at anytime. 2 am is not as late as you think... Especially on VH1.

I'm not saying that this ad came from Axl or the GN'R camp. I'm just saying that 45 seconds of TV time is too expensive to spend it on a joke...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2004, 02:39:58 PM »

Seems the ole joke-on The Net goes into TV.

In any case, it?s a good publicity.

It could be the first part of the commercial... and theres more to come...? Undecided

Let?s have some over-reactive imaginations and enjoy. Undecided

2047 ......I wander where the fuck this number "47" comes from.

I'll be watching the VMA's tonight for the same damn reasons all of us here will...

I'll be waiting? here? for your reports cos I can't watch the damn thing.?
I think thats nothing to do with VMAs tho. ? ? Ta! Cheesy
visionary432
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 03:09:41 PM »

i just saw another commercial/parody on vh1 in the same format that made fun of guys above 30 who obsess over harry potter movies
takeshi
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2004, 03:25:31 PM »

If you're saying that commerical time on VH1 at 2am is expensive then you obviously don't know "lots of shit".? The only people watching at that hour are alcoholics and the unemployable, hardly the prime demographic that advertisers go for.

That's your opinion.? Roll Eyes

You can't imagine how many people stay up late watching tv. TV TIME is valuable at anytime. 2 am is not as late as you think... Especially on VH1.

I'm not saying that this ad came from Axl or the GN'R camp. I'm just saying that 45 seconds of TV time is too expensive to spend it on a joke...

Prior to my current work with a firm that produces documentaries I have worked for CNN and NBC as a producer.  I am very familiar with how much commerical time costs and and VH1 is at the low end of the scale and at 2am it would be relatively cheap.  This isn't opinion, it's industry fact.

Many people do stay up very late, they're just not in the demographic groups that advertisers consider to be important.  Therefore there is less demand for those time slots and they are worth less.  The NBC show ED has poor ratings but was kept on the air for longer than it should have been because the people who were watching it were from a demographic group that was highly sought after by advertisers.  Therefore those slots were in demand and made alot of money.

You should watch VH1 some time and see how much time they waste with utterly pointless garbage.
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2004, 06:09:43 PM »

Gettin' Ready for the VMAs...
patvalley
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 09:52:38 PM »

Sorry guys but it's nothing to get excited over. VH1 (and MTV) have a bunch of funny commercials like that, I've been seeing them a lot recently. I wish it was real but it's just a commercial for VH1.

However if you really want to believe it's a commercial for something GNR related, feel free. .....
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 11:46:54 PM »

I'm not saying that this ad came from Axl or the GN'R camp. I'm just saying that 45 seconds of TV time is too expensive to spend it on a joke.

Not if it's an in-house ad for Vh1. Theyve repositioned themselves as a pop-culture commentary network. Certainly the myth and humor around Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy is something to comment on in today's pop culture...could just be an ad by the network to show how 'smart' they are about that shit.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004, 12:22:56 AM »

seems rather silly that they are willing to burn a bridge with an artist who "may" be poised to make one of the biggest rock comebacks of all time.  Huh

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 01:25:17 AM »

i think the best way to resolve this mystery is to contact and ask vh1 if this one of their own commercials or if this a commercial bought and paid for by somebody outside vh1

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2004, 03:19:11 AM »

That's your opinion.? Roll Eyes

The only point I could see of this Joke if it was to promote some new VH1 show, because if not why not let another commercial in that spot, commericials even in that hour probalby cost 30,000-50,000.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 02:15:22 PM »

I saw a commercial the other day on Vh1 that was like "If you enjoyed Guns n' Roses long awaited new album...Then you were probably born in 1883 and discovered time travel and and are now in year 2047."

So maybe thats just their way of telling people that it turns out they were wrong about November

I dunno if this is old news and if it is I'm sorry but i just thought I'd post it.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2004, 03:08:35 PM »

Vh1 also has a commercial(?) that says " If you enjoyed Jessica Simpson's 'In this Skin' album, you like to talk about yoga with your mother and you have a butterfly tattoo that you pet, and also talk to"  So they're just making these totally random quirky bits to throw in between commercials.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2004, 07:27:19 PM »

Not 5 minutes ago I saw a quick, 10-second commercial on VH1 where the following statement was posted on the screen and read out-loud by a female voice:

"If you just got done listening to Gins N' Roses highly anticipated new album..."

...then there was a few seconds of silence untill the following faded onto the screen and also read out-loud:

"...then you probably just stepped out of a time-ward from the year 2047."

Take this prediction from VH1 for what it's worth, I guess.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2004, 07:45:25 PM »

hmm.. is it possible to watch VH1 on the internet?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2004, 07:54:44 PM »

Not 5 minutes ago I saw a quick, 10-second commercial on VH1 where the following statement was posted on the screen and read out-loud by a female voice:

"If you just got done listening to Gins N' Roses highly anticipated new album..."

...then there was a few seconds of silence untill the following faded onto the screen and also read out-loud:

"...then you probably just stepped out of a time-ward from the year 2047."

Take this prediction from VH1 for what it's worth, I guess.

-Banny

Or maybe this is the release date! They just wants us to break a kode!!
Why exactly 2047??   well     if u take 20/4+7 = 20/11 .......... looks like the albume will be released November the 20th

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: