Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy made for a surround sound system?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy made for a surround sound system?  (Read 7714 times)
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« on: September 03, 2004, 01:35:52 PM »

With a possible "wall of sound" could it be that "Chinese Democracy" will be made to sound great on a surround sound system?

Should we be prepared to listen Guns n' Roses as we listen to Pink Floyd.

Chinese Democracy = Beatles Sgt. Pepper + BeachBoys Pet Sounds + Led Zeppelins Physical Graffiti meets Pink Floyd

This could be the best album ever made.

-5th
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 01:45:50 PM »

I concur.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 02:05:50 PM »

I concur.

If you haven't got anything to add to the conversation, don't post.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 02:28:36 PM »

I think personally this is a good topic. I am a big time audiophile. I don't know how many of you are NIN fans too, but Reznor said before he began work on this lastest NIN record, that he had a strong desire to record it to compliment a 6 channel digital surround field. I have been DYING to hear it. You all I am sure already own DVD audio or SACD, and can attest to the fact that it is leagues and bounds better than your stereo albums. But these SACDs or DVD audio are taking the studio masters and remastering them to digital sound. But, an album being recorded for digital surround, and one in the NIN vain, would no doubt kick us all in our balls. An album thats music would envelope the room, and made like how the new movies soundtracks are, is so fucking awesome.

As you might know it is taking Reznor forfuckingever to finish this album. I am going to guess that the new GNR album was not recorded with this in mind. Reznor is more of the technical pioneer. He has been on the forefront of the digital sound and everyone of you should go out and buy the NIN DVD of there concert that is out now. It is a good example of Reznors talents as he did much of the computer work himself. It was recorded at the various concerts on a digital cam (like the last Star Wars flick, AOTC), and recorded directly at the show with 5.1 in mind. It sounds unbelievable.

I would so shit if Axl did with Chinese Democracy, what Reznor is doing for Nine Inch Nails. I just don't think Axl is as knowledgeable and schooled in this as Trent. And at this point I would rather just have CD than have Axl rerecord it in Digital sound. Maybe the 2 follow-ups  Roll Eyes  can be done in digital.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 02:58:39 PM »

As you might know it is taking Reznor forfuckingever to finish this album. I am going to guess that the new GNR album was not recorded with this in mind. Reznor is more of the technical pioneer. He has been on the forefront of the digital sound and everyone of you should go out and buy the NIN DVD of there concert that is out now. It is a good example of Reznors talents as he did much of the computer work himself. It was recorded at the various concerts on a digital cam (like the last Star Wars flick, AOTC), and recorded directly at the show with 5.1 in mind. It sounds unbelievable.

I'm a big fan of NIN, but Reznor does only parts of the computer work, not much of it. He has engineers to work out different sounds, which they serve to Reznor and then he decides if he uses it somewhere or not. And I was very surprised when I found some NIN beats on loop and groove CDs, which were made before the actual NIN album.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 04:15:50 PM »

Shite idea

How many of us have the right equipment for this?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 04:22:51 PM »

Shite idea

How many of us have the right equipment for this?

i agree with Izzy, hell were having an hard enough time just getting on plan regular CD.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
AC
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 05:12:21 PM »

I have the equipment to not only listen to these CD's, DVD's, DTS-DVD's, etc., but also create music in it myself. It is not entirely hard to accomplish, and if Axl wanted to do it, trust me he has the know how to do this. Separating bass drums to go to the sub (the .1 channel) and certain toms and guitar, vocals, etc. into various surround channels is not that difficult, and of course the centre channel is, but not limited to, vocals. Someone with an ear and mind for creativity can and will create an album in 5.1. If Trent Reznor is creating his new CD with 6.1 in mind, great, but one has to remember that the industry standard is not 6.1 (i.e., and extra rear-centre channel) it is 5.1.

If you want a decent example of a CD that was created using the 5.1 advances, then check out the score to the movie Monster done by none other than BT (Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus and Brain all back BT live and in the studio). Of course you'll need the equipment (DVD player and 5.1 stereo with DTS capabilities)

As BT once said, "Stereo is sooo 90's".

Aaron.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 07:29:59 PM »

I am shocked. You people telling me you don't have your pads equiped by now for listening to DVDs proper like? You guys still living in Bedrock eh? Maybe Axl should release a version of CD for the 8-track medium so some of you will be able to hear it.

Serious, you guys can get a dumbed down system for fucking dirt cheap these days. Shit Radio Shack check sells a tiny packaged system (Dolby Digital receiver, 2 front speakers, center speaker, 2 rears, and a sub) for under $100.

You poor bastards.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 08:03:42 PM »

I am shocked. You people telling me you don't have your pads equiped by now for listening to DVDs proper like? You guys still living in Bedrock eh? Maybe Axl should release a version of CD for the 8-track medium so some of you will be able to hear it.

Serious, you guys can get a dumbed down system for fucking dirt cheap these days. Shit Radio Shack check sells a tiny packaged system (Dolby Digital receiver, 2 front speakers, center speaker, 2 rears, and a sub) for under $100.

You poor bastards.

8-track medium rofl that would be interesting

Hell I have the shit to listen to it in that formate. But don't albums usually come out in just the plan formate first then a couple of months later hit DVD-audio?l

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 09:13:27 PM »

-5th

i sure hope so

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 02:38:20 AM »

It was rumored Axl is trying to perfect surround sound that sounds like its coming from all directions but without the huge system needed. A record producer or someone said Axl is waiting until this sound is perfected, but i cant find the article the quotes in right now.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2004, 02:58:11 AM »

He's waiting until HE'S completely satisfied not anyone in the band or anyone else for that matter.  As long as he listens to it all the way through every note every lyric perfectly then we will get the album.  Until then, we shall continue the waiting game.
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 12:36:55 PM »

It doesn't mean that, if it be 5.1 You won't be able to hear the sound!

5.1 isn't that compicated. I can doi it on my computer (I believe) using Steinberg's Cubase, that's the whole true. Having the staff of engineers like Axl has...well, all You need is imagination, I guess.

5.1 technology is already on the market, it will take few years to everyone has it in their homes, but I think Chinese Democracy will be still rocking specialy for us fans.

By the way, You can by 5.1 purchaising for example the Audigy2 for Your PC like I did.

Cheers
MoonMax smoking
AC
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 01:04:16 PM »

Cubase SX along with a whole host of other sequencers can do it.

Aaron.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
myworld
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2004, 05:32:19 PM »

Not to ad more rumor to the fall release,  but I just read an article outlining the new cd/dvd combo,  one side is cd stereo audio,  the other is dvd audio.  it is due to be used commercially this fall.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2004, 06:38:28 PM »

I concur.

I concur.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 06:41:38 PM »

I concur.

I concur.

rofl rofl

Now back to the topic personally I don't care which formate the album is released in , I just want the fucking album. peace

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2004, 09:14:43 AM »

I concur.

I concur.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ok peace hihi rofl beer

that was awesome .

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2004, 10:59:57 AM »

Yeah, it's also against the rules.

Try reading them before you post, we don't want a million threads with

"OMG that was great"
"LOL"
"I agree"

Either obey the rules, or go somewhere else.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: