Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Fall To Pieces = More albums?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall To Pieces = More albums?  (Read 6693 times)
gnrmandee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 01, 2004, 08:29:51 PM »

I think a lot more albums were sold after people saw the Fall To Pieces video..I say this because i think that the album went up on the charts and i know that there are way more members on the official forum than there was two weeks ago.. anywayz does anyone know if the video made it on the vh1 countdown last week? i didnt get to watch.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 09:11:25 PM »

It has been selling at just over 30,000 albums a week for ahile now.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:11 PM »

The  vid is lame and if im not mistaken the GHs album is higher on the charts than contraband.
Atleast it was  a few weeks ago.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 12:00:05 AM »

The? vid is lame and if im not mistaken the GHs album is higher on the charts than contraband.
Atleast it was? a few weeks ago.

Yeah, the video is lame, unlike someone who devotes way too much time bashing a band that actually has an album out. Roll Eyes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 12:03:12 AM »

The? vid is lame and if im not mistaken the GHs album is higher on the charts than contraband.

25 26 VELVET REVOLVER RCA/RMG 32,260 -5%
21 32 GUNS N'ROSES GEFFEN 29,867 -15%

Last week they sold more then VR and this week VR sold more then have been switching back and forth for a few weeks. With 2 top 20 rock singles VR is getting alot of radio play, wether or not they can crack the top 40, with FTP,  is what will sell

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 12:55:49 AM »

I'll bet the guys care less as they're making money either way. Must be nice to have two platinum albums on the charts at the same time. And if that video is considered lame, than you must hate every guns video ever made as that wreaked of guns influence......but let me guess...Its different when Axl is acting out his thoughts and feelings but Scott just doesn't cut it?
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 01:47:34 AM »

why do you even come to the VR section of the site ?

Side note, i think the effect of the single on album sales would be seen in another week or two when it really starts to catch on

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 08:17:39 AM »

Yeah, the video is lame, unlike someone who devotes way too much time bashing a band that actually has an album out. Roll Eyes

Well said oldleadbelly ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 08:39:10 AM »

well i dunno about everyone else. but i had contraband on mp3 for a while and i really didn't think it was an album worth buying. but after seeing Fall to pieces not only did i buy the album but i also learned 8 songs from the cd on guitar. i dunno why, but something clicked. i am now listening to the cd everyday and loving it. when i first got it. i didn't think much of the cd... well maybe the video does have a strong influence  ok

Chinese Democracy!
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 10:02:59 AM »

DAVGNFNR - You obviouslyt like Velvet Revolver, otherwise you wouldn't be visiting this forum so often.  I HATE Justin Timberlake, so I DON'T visit his message forums.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 09:17:38 PM »

If that is the reason, it is perfectly normal.I mean wasnt AFD, not selling THAT much until SCOM was realesed as a single??

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 09:56:05 PM »

well i dunno about everyone else. but i had contraband on mp3 for a while and i really didn't think it was an album worth buying. but after seeing Fall to pieces not only did i buy the album but i also learned 8 songs from the cd on guitar. i dunno why, but something clicked. i am now listening to the cd everyday and loving it. when i first got it. i didn't think much of the cd... well maybe the video does have a strong influence? ok

I know what you mean! there is something about actually being able to play the songs that makes you appreciate them even more. I've learned most of the album all by ear! With Guns it  was impossible to learn them without looking up the tabs
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 04:20:18 AM »

The? vid is lame

oh! now i get it, you can only praise VR in VR section...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 05:05:13 AM »

The? vid is lame

No. But if you only have hatred against them and you're always posting your fuckin' biased opinion, then you'd better visit a psychiatrist. Everyone has the right to criticise VR, but it seems that some retarded persons find their only pleasure doin' this.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 07:48:44 AM »

The? vid is lame

No. But if you only have hatred against them and you're always posting your fuckin' biased opinion, then you'd better visit a psychiatrist. Everyone has the right to criticise VR, but it seems that some retarded persons find their only pleasure doin' this.

WTF!!? Wait a minute you mean me or dave-gnfnr2k ? ...

if me please tell me when i have posted biased opinions? and have hatred against VR?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 07:55:05 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 09:30:14 AM »

Side note, i think the effect of the single on album sales would be seen in another week or two when it really starts to catch on

I agree, people expect miracles in a short period of time... Wether anyone likes it or not they debut in june 7th (usa), they are platinum, and a new band... Things take time... It's only been about three months, look at afd it took a year to climb to one with the power of scom.. Gnr fans are spoiled, let revovler run it's corse// Fall to pieces will do great if it gets the airtime it deserves... Fighting the emo fags is very difficult, it will take time.

Just keep voting for mtv 2, and much music

I love how I read people who only like new gnr dislike vr, meanwhile the boots we have are average at best...  rofl
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 05:27:31 PM »

I agree, people expect miracles in a short period of time

were not dealing with The Doors here. Imagine GN'R or VR coming out with 3-4 albums a year.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 09:31:02 PM »

Why is the Video lame dave?? Give me one good reson..oh wait i know, because your false messiah Axl isnt in it.  Think outside the square Dave,your depriving yourself of great Rock n Roll.. Ps,,Axl wont find out if u like VR i promise

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 09:39:19 PM »

Thats so stupid what a lot of u guys are saying. Axl is allowed to show his emotions in Don't Cry, but oh no! As soon as Scott tries to do the same thing all hell breaks loose. Let's face it, this is GN'R. VR has more GNR in it then Axls so called "new GNR". So don't get pissed at Scott, he has as much right to do this as Axl does or did. So give Scott a break.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2004, 08:09:09 AM »

FTP is great song, it has a great video... we'll se if this will increase album sales...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: