Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When would promotion start + Is November Really a Good Idea?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When would promotion start + Is November Really a Good Idea?  (Read 14262 times)
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: August 31, 2004, 12:55:51 AM »

I was wondering if anybody knows when promotion would start for an album that was scheduled for release in november?  I would think it would be soon, and I am growing skeptical since we have heard nothing from guns yet. I am starting to think it's not going to happen.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 01:00:55 AM »

I would think it would start right now. If the album is comming out in November, it would be smart to do a few shows and interviews right now.

I have no idea what goes on in the GN'R camp, so this is purely a guess, but my gut tells me that the new GN'R album will not be comming out in 2004.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 01:11:07 AM »

He will release the album on his time.  No set date right now.  Axl Rose will let us know when he's done.  Like I said he doesn't want to be a rock star right now, he wants to be normal.  Out of the media limelight.  When we forget about him, which will probably be never.  He'll release the album.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 01:31:02 AM »

Its begining to be tooooo late..... Cry

U2 and Eninem has already announce there albums in november...
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:27:36 AM »

It's not coming out in November. 

Even if official promotion hasn't started, there will still be leaks of the album's release months ahead of any official announcement/promotion. 

I'm thinking spring or summer 2005 at the earliest. 
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 03:25:56 AM »

im guessin' a release date in November, somethin's gotta happen by the end of this year, a single or an announcement!!
hhhhhmmmmmmmm... Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 03:32:54 AM »

Bloody fuckin hell, you're RIGHT!! Eminem's new album is coming out November 16th.... Holy Shit.   Shocked
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 05:40:07 AM »

Bloody fuckin hell, you're RIGHT!! Eminem's new album is coming out November 16th.... Holy Shit.? ?Shocked

what's so holy about that shit?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 06:14:59 AM »

Didn't management say something about the release date and tour all being announced together a few months ago?

Wonder if that still applies.....

I'm still giving it till end of September for news of a November/December release. That's pushing it tho...

@#$%Funker
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 07:04:01 AM »

I don't see how this thing could come out in November. That's only 2 months from now -- 3 if they put it out at the very end of November. We haven't even heard Axl's promised announcement, let alone the promotions and shit.

I've seen enough.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 07:17:43 AM »

Not to mention that we haven't seen even the slightest movement in the GNR camp. Nobody's rescheduling solo tours, no rumours (as there were w/ GH) of circulars being printed up, no activity at all... nothing, just crickets.

I've seen enough.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 07:25:53 AM »

yeah, summer 2005 i say. so they have time to go work again after everybody is done with solo careers.
let's change the board to another theme until then.
what about "strawberrie pie" ?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004, 07:32:02 AM »

Isn't U2's new single being released to radio in September and then released in October?

U2 knows how to sell records. Wink

I think that if the band wants interviews in magazines, they should start really soon. The October issues of some magazines are probably gonna be out in September.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GorgeousNRandy
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

I would think it would start right now. If the album is comming out in November, it would be smart to do a few shows and interviews right now.

it is taking axl as long as slash's guitar solo in November Rain to sort out the new GNR. They won't be as good as the original but im still lookin forward to what he has to offer  smoking
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 12:52:45 PM »

GorgeousNRandy ay? I guess that makes me HandsomeNHorny  Wink Welcome to the board.

I do think it's leaving it late for a November release, but you never know with Guns.

But then, what if it's gonna be mid December? That's 3.5 months away.... hmmmmmm

Happy guessing  ok

@#$%Funker
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 01:14:48 PM »

For a November release promotion would need to begin at the latest October. They can release a single in OCt and have it out for 2-4 weeks before the album drops. Probably 4 weeks. So thats sometime in October. As for the other promotion, same thing. Sometime in late Sept/oct.

For a Dec. release bump everything up a month. We still have time but the light is dimming out as each day passes. If we don not hear anything by mid October, then I personally will not be expecting the album until next Spring.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 03:13:26 PM »

i now hope it is not November anymore, because Eminem has confirmed he is releasing an album in the middle of November, and it will dwarf GNR in terms of record sales and press. Right or wrong....Eminem is the hot ticket in music today, and I was GNR to stand alone to garner all the press and record sales it can to make the press a little more favorable.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 03:25:24 PM »

Assuming the album were to somehow be released in November, and its looking less and less likely, would you still want them to knowing Eminem and U2 are both releasing new albums as well? Eminem's release will no doubt enter at #1 regardless of what else is released, and I don't want Guns losing out on press because they released an album the same time as Em and U2...who also has incredibly strong fan base. I know you can't release albums based on what other bands are doing, but given all of the time that has gone into this I would hate to see them release it only to be dwarfed by Eminem.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 03:29:26 PM »

Another reason why C.D wont be released in November...

Maybe this belongs to the november release thread??
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 03:32:24 PM »

Yeah, the Eminem album has kind of thrown a wrench in any supposed November plan.  Because while it wont stop anybody from buying the GNR album, it will undoubtedly outsell it...And it would suck to have GNRs thunder stolen.  Not to mention that its an Interscope release...and Im no record business expert, but I doubt Interscope wants two of its biggest releases colliding with one another. 

Not that I actually expected the GNR album this year anyway... Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: