Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Talked to Tommy in Portland
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talked to Tommy in Portland  (Read 9671 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2004, 01:36:02 AM »

Sounds like a cool experience...probably one of the few times you'll see the band members up close and intimate now if there is going to be a major tour experience.  Thanks for sharing.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Village Gorilla
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2004, 01:38:07 AM »

As much as I love Tommy, and his new album--in grand Replacements style (best band on earth one night, worst band on the next), Tommy and crew were in awful form in Portland.  I have been a Mats fan since 1982, and have seen many of their shows, have followed Bash n Pop, Perfect, and Tommy's career in GNR closely.  I have nothing but the ultimate respect for him and his tremendous talents.  Village Gorilla Head is the greatest achievement of any Post Mat's or Post original GNR members; moreover  Tommy Stinson, hands down, is the definition of Rock n Roll.  He is my all time favorite artist.  But, as is with any favorite artist, they all have bad nights.   Portland was one.  Tommy misses the Figgs, like Axl missed Izzy during the Illusion tours.

I am inclined to say that "Peeps" story is false.  One based on the bad Brain info (I reckon he is out, and Freese maybe back, or Axl and co. want him back in--PURE Speculation on my behalf), and how much was left out of what went on during the show. 

One question Peeps, and you can prove if you were there or not.  Tommy did something on stage, and said:  "I hate to do that in public, but I had to."  He physically left something on the stage.  Peeps, what was it? 

One more note, Alien Crime Syndicate, besides the drummer, stink.  Either they were being the most sarcastic group of arses known to earth, or they were complete morons.  I have no clue, but The Figgs are great and wish Tommy could have toured with them.

Peeps, what did Tommy do, which subsequently left something on stage?

"Anyone got a dime, I need some Jack and coke?"  T. Stinson in Portland.

P.S. it's about time you all figure out who Mister-On is...LOL!

mulanrouge
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2004, 01:41:06 AM »

Yes i believe you.   hihi

I read a recent interview with Tommy.  I think he was in Seattle during the interview and it just came out.  www.artisannewsservice.com

Just got the link a while ago from another forum.

You are soooooo lucky dude  peace 
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 03:30:54 AM »

I remember the exact same quote from last year.  I'm starting to believe that Axl will release the album BEFORE he tours.  November is looking more likely everyday.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2004, 07:12:12 AM »

WOW! Cool news

EEEERRRR Little boy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 08:38:48 AM »

I find it strange this is his first post on this board. I dont believe it.

FYI, this time the IP# is actually in the same area where the show was and not on the other side of the Atlantic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 10:27:57 AM »

care to elaborate?

now you know me better
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2004, 10:36:54 AM »

Don't know if any of what you said is true, but I do recall your usernames from newgnr.com.  A GN'R-board-newbie you are not.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2004, 11:33:52 AM »

Once again, Brain is playing C2B3 with Buckethead starting in September. That statement by Tommy is wrong as stated.

He probably meant that Brain won't play as a support drummer on Buckethead shows. Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains is a band that both are in.

LOL.? I think you are trying to find truth with this statement when there is none. Brain and Bucket are close buds. They worked together this summer with the Buckethead's Giant Robot project and now with C2B3. There is no rift between them.

There is no telling what the situation is. Whether this story is true or false, I would not assume Bucket and Brain are not having any issues. If I had to believe someone who has allegedly talked to Tommy opposed to someone who has not talked with anyone.......  Huh

This is one of the joys of being a GNR fan. Lots of rumors and no official information from the band!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2004, 12:08:53 PM »

I believe one day we will receive something official. I think that day is coming up soon.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2004, 12:16:27 PM »

I believe one day we will receive something official. I think that day is coming up soon.

I think so too. I am hoping for some kind of promo spot/commercial on the VMA`s on sunday. I`ll be pretty dissapointed if I watch the whole thing and no GNR news since I`m not really into most of the people that will be on there. The current state of music is getting pretty awful. Its like 1990 again.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DemocracyRose
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2004, 12:38:03 PM »

I think so too. I am hoping for some kind of promo spot/commercial on the VMA`s on sunday. I`ll be pretty dissapointed if I watch the whole thing and no GNR news since I`m not really into most of the people that will be on there. The current state of music is getting pretty awful. Its like 1990 again.

Dont count on it....  no

Back to the topic... Great story, but is it true...? Undecided
estranged.1098
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2004, 12:53:47 PM »

LOL.? I think you are trying to find truth with this statement when there is none. Brain and Bucket are close buds. They worked together this summer with the Buckethead's Giant Robot project and now with C2B3. There is no rift between them.

No, I'm just saying what I understood from that when I first read it.

If peeps is telling the truth or not we may never know, but I wouldn't assume he's lying only because many people came here and lied before, like almost everyone does in this forum.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2004, 12:55:13 PM »

I`ll be pretty dissapointed if I watch the whole thing and no GNR news since
Why are you setting yourself up for dissapointment. I dont get it. Dont listen to these rumors and stuff. Take it with caution. If somehting happens we will be the firts to know about it. Dont put your hopes on the internet bullshit.

I know GNR doesnt talk. BUt again. WHen its ready we will know. If you wanna go with all the rumors, fine, but atleast take it with caution. Havnt we learned by now. The road is coming to an end. Trust me. It will be here sooner than we think. Lets just remain strong down the stretch. Many of us have managed to remian patient. And when that day comes....we are gonna be the happiest bunch of peopel in the world. NOt only because its in our hands but because of the actual music flowing into your ears....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2004, 12:56:59 PM »

I`ll be pretty dissapointed if I watch the whole thing and no GNR news since
Why are you setting yourself up for dissapointment. I dont get it. Dont listen to these rumors and stuff. Take it with caution. If somehting happens we will be the firts to know about it. Dont put your hopes on the internet bullshit.

I know GNR doesnt talk. BUt again. WHen its ready we will know. If you wanna go with all the rumors, fine, but atleast take it with caution. Havnt we learned by now. The road is coming to an end. Trust me. It will be here sooner than we think. Lets just remain strong down the stretch. Many of us have managed to remian patient. And when that day comes....we are gonna be the happiest bunch of peopel in the world. NOt only because its in our hands but because of the actual music flowing into your ears....

you really speak like guru or jesus christ Smiley

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2004, 01:07:25 PM »

As much as I love Tommy, and his new album--in grand Replacements style (best band on earth one night, worst band on the next), Tommy and crew were in awful form in Portland.? I have been a Mats fan since 1982, and have seen many of their shows, have followed Bash n Pop, Perfect, and Tommy's career in GNR closely.? I have nothing but the ultimate respect for him and his tremendous talents.? Village Gorilla Head is the greatest achievement of any Post Mat's or Post original GNR members; moreover? Tommy Stinson, hands down, is the definition of Rock n Roll.? He is my all time favorite artist.? But, as is with any favorite artist, they all have bad nights.? ?Portland was one.? Tommy misses the Figgs, like Axl missed Izzy during the Illusion tours.

I am inclined to say that "Peeps" story is false.? One based on the bad Brain info (I reckon he is out, and Freese maybe back, or Axl and co. want him back in--PURE Speculation on my behalf), and how much was left out of what went on during the show.?

One question Peeps, and you can prove if you were there or not.? Tommy did something on stage, and said:? "I hate to do that in public, but I had to."? He physically left something on the stage.? Peeps, what was it??

One more note, Alien Crime Syndicate, besides the drummer, stink.? Either they were being the most sarcastic group of arses known to earth, or they were complete morons.? I have no clue, but The Figgs are great and wish Tommy could have toured with them.

Peeps, what did Tommy do, which subsequently left something on stage?

"Anyone got a dime, I need some Jack and coke?"? T. Stinson in Portland.

Your funny dude!? I was at the show, believe it or not.? What Tommy did was spit a big lugy off to the side of the stage.? I was right in front of him.? I was wearing a Guns N Roses at the Whiskey shirt that was black and yellow.? What else do you want me to prove?? There was also a guy who was really wasted that was up front the whole time dancing around and had long hair-sprayed hair.? This was the guy I mentioned earlier that I was talking to.? You might recall me bringing him a beer earlier in the night when he was the only guy out there.? When the first band came on with the girl singing, he was the only guy dancing on the floor.? And another thing, when you entered the venue, they put a stamp on your wrist that read "I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing".? What else do you want to here?

P.S.? And your opinion is one, but I actually liked? Alien Crime Syndicate and thought that Tommy did do pretty well.? I didn't think the show was perfect by any meens, but I liked it.? I wasn't a big replacements fan so I can't judge, but get out of the past dude.? I don't think Tommy is going to tour with the mats.? And about the Brain story, Tommy told me to my face that "Brain isn't playing with Bucket anymore, he is just to high maintanence".? ? Maybe Tommy was too fucking high to know what he was talking about and was wrong, I don't know.? All I know is what Tommy said.? Do you have any more questions for me?? I will check back here in a day or two.?

peace and rock on!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 01:09:31 PM by peeps » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2004, 01:19:21 PM »

Don't know if any of what you said is true, but I do recall your usernames from newgnr.com.? A GN'R-board-newbie you are not.

I've been a member of newgnr.com for about 11/2 years.? So that is probably pretty new to a lot of you.? ?

Another thing, after reading Village Gorilla's post again.? I didn't say that Brain was out of GNR.? I said that Tommy told me that he was leaving Bucket.? Bucket and GNR are two competely different things.? It sounds like that is what you thought, am I wrong?
? ?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 01:23:58 PM by peeps » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2004, 01:23:55 PM »

Maybe if you provide photos, a police report, fingerprints from the show and a stool sample he`ll believe you were there!

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2004, 01:24:46 PM »

Maybe if you provide photos, a police report, fingerprints from the show and a stool sample he`ll believe you were there!

Yeah, no kidding!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2004, 02:09:17 PM »

So was Tommy pretty, you know, 'happy'? Shall we say?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: