Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  How do you burn the Contraband CD??? is there a trick?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you burn the Contraband CD??? is there a trick?  (Read 10186 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: August 27, 2004, 06:10:22 PM »

i remember seeing that Contraband had some special encoding element that made it impossible to copy to another blank...is there a way around it?Huh thanks.....
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 07:35:48 PM »

You shouldn't steal music

EEEERRRR Little boy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 08:56:01 PM »

You ever think he's not trying to steal it since he probably purchased it?  Nothing wrong with having copies of your cd's to put in your car.  Just ask one of my friends who decided it would be a smart idea to leave 250 of his cd's in a book in his car, only to be stolen.  As for me......I only make burned cd's for my car due to the heavy usage on them and the easy chance of them getting stolen.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 10:21:55 AM »

i remember seeing that Contraband had some special encoding element that made it impossible to copy to another blank...is there a way around it?Huh thanks.....

the copyright protection doesn't work on an apple mac computer....have a friend with a mac copy contraband for ya.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
saul_clark
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 08:06:55 PM »

i managed to copy contraband first time, as i also only use back-ups in my car and in my personal cd player as well. what i did was use a program called "mp3 strip-it" to encode all the tracks to mp3 then burn them to cd, the bonus track didnt encode but i still managed to retrieve the .wav file and burn that.
(this is in windows by the way)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 08:38:57 PM »

You shouldn't steal music

You shouldn't make pointless uninformed comments.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 10:37:49 PM »

u hold select while putting the cd in the disc try and closing it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 01:39:16 PM »

It's kinda strange with this copy thing on a album by Duff, because I remember him saying something like" the reason the UYU albums came on two separated MC/CD's was so that kids could buy just one, and a friend could buy the other, and then they could copy from eachother.."  I saw it in a lot of interviews when the albums came out, anyone else remember that?In Mrs A Morisettes words: isen't it ironic, don't you think?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 01:58:06 PM »

In Mrs A Morisettes words: isen't it ironic, don't you think?

Yeah.. He doesn't have the same opinion on some issue that he had 13 years ago...

Things were a little different back then when for example copying music in digital form was pretty much impossible.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
gnrmandee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 08:16:38 PM »

you know.. if you burn their cd you are really just throwing carp in VR's face..dont you think that they deserve everything that comes out of their work.. i mean they worked hard to make that cd, and i think if you really like VR that you would want to contribute to their hard work..i mean it is worth your money. if you just download it or burn it you are saying it is not worth going out and buying it.. you wouldnt want people rippng you off, would you?..anyways i wrote something lik this at the official forum.. it is http://www.velvetrevolver.com:81/webx?13@211.mzCWaat9a4m.90@.ee7cf08/5
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 08:20:36 PM by gnrmandee » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 08:21:39 PM »

you know.. if you burn their cd you are really just throwing carp in VR's face..dont you think that they deserve everything that comes out of their work.. i mean they worked hard to make that cd, and i think if you really like VR that you would want to contribute to their hard work..i mean it is worth your money. if you just dowload it or burn it you are saying it is not woth going out and buying it.. you wouldnt want people rippng you off, would you?..anyways i wrote something lik this at the official forum.. it is http://www.velvetrevolver.com:81/webx?13@211.mzCWaat9a4m.90@.ee7cf08/5

unless you already own the cd and are make an archival back up.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 04:57:23 AM »

I even got myself two copies, and I have almost every official release from every GnR member, hell, I even buy all the stuff that Slash has ever recorded with anyone..and if I want to make myself a copy to take with me in my car, or while on travel, I really think I should be able to do so..I have problably spent more than 10 000$ on Gnr and Slash since 1988

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 02:21:08 PM »

I have problably spent more than 10 000$ on Gnr and Slash since 1988

er....how? I got all the gnr stuff plus ex bandmembers stuff and haven't spent a tenth of that - i even got alot of the stuff they have done with 'others' - u been paying 100 quid a cd or something?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 02:36:24 PM »

It's kinda strange with this copy thing on a album by Duff, because I remember him saying something like" the reason the UYU albums came on two separated MC/CD's was so that kids could buy just one, and a friend could buy the other, and then they could copy from eachother.."? I saw it in a lot of interviews when the albums came out, anyone else remember that?In Mrs A Morisettes words: isen't it ironic, don't you think?

back then it wasn't so common to really BURN cds... they were talking bout tapeing it over on a cassette i think... I read some article from around 92 or 93 where they were talking bout something alike and they also said copying ON A TAPE so...

and to all the ones saying you shouldn't copy cds and support the band: i bought contraband two times, TWO TIMES! one of them i use at home, the other one is still in it's cover, i'm saving that one... but i do have two back up discs, i make two back ups of every cd i have these days because i keep losing cds, getting them stolen or scrathed or whatever Cry  so i always have a back up cd and one i can listen to in the car and on my discman so if it gets a scratch it's not that bad... you should try it too! Wink

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 03:11:43 PM »

I also have two copies of contraband (the black and the white one) and I need to copy the disc so the car wont scratch the original. But I don't have any problem with copy protection, I have the Mexican version (I live in mexico city) and mine can be copied perfectly without a problem. you guys should consider importing it. hehehe.
Chunkie
Headliner

Here Today... DEAD Tomorow

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 01:10:27 PM »

I think its Cool to have a cd that no one can copy and SMART!! i mean VR should get a lot of money by guys buying it...

God damn Slash The Man
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2004, 04:53:21 AM »

I have problably spent more than 10 000$ on Gnr and Slash since 1988

er....how? I got all the gnr stuff plus ex bandmembers stuff and haven't spent a tenth of that - i even got alot of the stuff they have done with 'others' - u been paying 100 quid a cd or something?

Well. I dont have the exact figures of what I've spent on GnR, but that estimate includes buying all the GnR albums 3 times, once on MC, and twice on CD (The MC got broken, and I lost one set of CD's due to me moving around) ,a cd in Norway costs around 25 $, and I've seen GnR live in Oslo, Stockholm, and Coopenhagen, Slash's Snakepit (both versions) I saw Duff when he was promotin "Belive In Me", I've seen Velvet Revolver,( got two copies of the CB album) I used to buy posters, stickers, and every fucking magazine with any GnR related interviews, and not to mention, I have all official releases with any of the 86-96 erea members, and man, Slash have played on a hell of a lot of stuff, so it has cost me a good deal of money. But don't take me the wrong way, I enjoyed spending every single fucking dime on that shit.

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2004, 08:39:53 AM »

Dammit! Contraband has not yet been released in India!  Cry

Fuck 'Em All.
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2004, 03:13:13 AM »

Dammit! Contraband has not yet been released in India!

The album is amazing, maybe you should buy it from ebay.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004, 11:27:43 AM »

Dammit! Contraband has not yet been released in India!? Cry

since i got a Mac i can just burn it to you for free and send it to you   ok im me!

it think this whole copying thing is so fucking stupid..  when a band is unknown they put all their shit out on the web and when they are well known they try to keep it away from the net or at least the record companys do.

if you like a band you buy the fucking record, if you don't like it as much and or are poor you download it simple as that.

who the hell would want a cd collection of cdr's anyway???

that said, it don't think duff mind anyone who is downloading their record or copying it, why? because he has already made most of his money of that record anyways... but ofcourse he can't say that, but i know he'd rather have alot of people knowing their music rather than knowing they have a fucking copy block on their album...

and again, it's the live gigs that fill their pockets anyway, isn't it?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: