Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt's best friend died.......his dog
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt's best friend died.......his dog  (Read 5046 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: August 26, 2004, 09:24:46 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has posted the following message in the "Diary" section of the group's web site:

"Hello all of you loyal VELVET REVOLVER fans. It's Matt here making my second entry into my diary. Have been on tour in Europe around three weeks now. The shows have been amazing.

"We started in Denmark at a festival. Beautiful outdoor gig. Then onto Helsinki, Finland. The weather has been outstanding. The Finish people don't get much nice weather so people were in the streets. Scott [Weiland] and I were walking and listening to classical musicians in the square of Helsinki. Astounding musicians. Then we headed to Stockholm, Sweden.

"To this day in all of my travels I don't think I have ever seen so many beautiful women. Perfect summer there. Out on the town both nights surrounded by stunning Swedish babes. I was loving it. Hit a place called Cafe Opera. Then to my homeland of Norway. Played Oslo, about a hundred miles outside of Oslo is a town called Sorumsand. My father's side is Norwegian so I definitely feel a connection to this beautiful place and its people. After Norway headed to Brussels. Out on the town that night with Scott, Mary, Dave, his wife Christine. A gig in Berlin after that. Great gig followed by the most tragic news I have ever had to hear.

"After finishing the encore Duff walked me outside to tell me that my best friend and soul mate, Drac, my black Lab, had passed away back in Los Angeles. I was crushed. I've had him for over 10 years not even realizing he had died on his 11th birthday. He was always so clever. Needless to say the next few gigs for me were very difficult. I know there are a lot of you out there that understand. I got Drac when he was 8 weeks old while still in GNR. That beautiful boy went through everything with me: The breakup of GUNS, I was married once so he comforted me during my divorce, my drug and alcohol problems, rehab, some bad times. But on a more up note he also lived life like a rock star!!!!!

"At my Malibu house he shared my pool with many naked women. I would say Drac has probably seen more beautiful naked women than most guys I know!!! Not to sound sick but he's probably kissed more, too. When I moved to Beachwood Canyon near the Hollywood Sign I threw crazy parties that became legendary in Hollywood. We would have great jam sessions with members of ALICE IN CHAINS, MARILYN MANSON, Steven Stills, Tommy Lee, Randy Castillo, Slash of course. Any many, many more.

"Drac was there for it all. So by remembering him that way it is easier to deal with even though. His loss is the worst I've ever experience. Being that I can't go home, I've arranged that Drac take his final ride in a black stretch limousine. I know Drac was aware of my happiness with my new band and I think let go knowing that everything is going to be alright with me now. I am going to get his name tattooed on my arm as a reminder of his love and understanding. His sensitivity and sweetness. Long live the greatest rock and roll dog of all times DRAC SORUM!

"Just played Vienna. On our way to Munich.

"Remember. Be good to one another and keep rockin'!"

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 09:57:28 AM »

now is Matt sex maniac or what? well who wouldn't in that position where he is..groupies everywhere.

Nice to read these little stories that Matt has written down and nice he enjoyed the European gigs and Swedish babes  drool
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:59:13 AM »

its a shame about his dog too man, i know wot its like to lose a dog, more upsetting than u'd think Sad
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 12:15:57 PM »

to matt...
i myself have a best friend like that,her name is booty.she is a  brindle pitbull.at my side everywere i go.she is going on ten yrs in 2005.and every day i cherish with her.
i do know what you are going threw.i had a collie i loved for yrs before my pits.and went through greiving process.it is a good idea to get a puppy soon,even if you don't want to.it helps a bit.but it's never the same.i would choose the same breed,they are smart labs.at least thats what i had done in the past.but going from a calm collie to pitbulls is a bit different.but i wanted agressive dogs and i got them lol.but they are fine with people,just not other dogs.i have two females.one black and one brindle.they are a handful at times,but love them dearly.so i understand very well what you are going threw.

the one an only horsey !
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 01:11:22 PM »

"After finishing the encore Duff walked me outside to tell me that my best friend and soul mate, Drac, my black Lab, had passed away back in Los Angeles. I was crushed. I've had him for over 10 years not even realizing he had died on his 11th birthday. He was always so clever. Needless to say the next few gigs for me were very difficult. I know there are a lot of you out there that understand. I got Drac when he was 8 weeks old while still in GNR. That beautiful boy went through everything with me: The breakup of GUNS, I was married once so he comforted me during my divorce, my drug and alcohol problems, rehab, some bad times. But on a more up note he also lived life like a rock star!!!!!
That's so sad.? I myself am not a pet person but I can see (from what Matt says) how devastating a loss this can be to some people.? ?Cry

Being that I can't go home, I've arranged that Drac take his final ride in a black stretch limousine.
Okay, this part I don't understand? Huh? ?The dead dog is going for a ride in a stretch limo?? Huh?? ?What's up with that?? ?confused
Wouldn't that be some kind of Health Code violation?? Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 01:29:05 PM »

so sad about his doggy Cry 
it's weird how the loss of an animal can touch you like that Sad

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 07:20:38 PM »

and it does really hurt.some people go threw alot of pain because of it.it can be heartbreaking.they are like a family member.

the one an only horsey !
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 09:06:46 PM »

Matt:Sorry about the dog I know how you feel I had to witness my dogs death it was horrible made me afraid to cross the street for 2 years.I hope your grieving process is shorter
Oni B.
Opening Act

It is hard being evil.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 10:19:30 PM »

Cry Yeah, I know how Matt feels. My pets are a bit more important to me than my actual family. I'm always devastated when I find out a pet has died, I'm glad Matt's taking it pretty well.

I'm on the nightrain. Bottoms up. I'm on the nightrain. Fill my cup. I'm on the nightrain.

Ready to crash and burn. I never learn..
RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 10:25:14 PM »

That's really sad. Dogs are really special--they don't call them "Mans' best friend" for nothing.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 02:21:44 AM »

I know exactly how Matt feels.? My dog Winnie died two months ago.? He had developed some kind of cancer and his breathing was getting so laboured...we realized that he really couldn't take much more, and he had to be put to sleep.? It was the hardest thing I ever had to do....I held onto my dog's paw until his last breath.? I cried for hours, and it put me into a real depression for a long time.? Life seemed so gloomy and pointlesswithout Winnie, that lovable golden retriver who was always there for me when no one else cared.? I'm out of my immediate depression, but I still can't think about him for too long because I would just burst into tears.

RIP Winnie and Drac.? You're right, they DON'T call 'em man's best friend for nothing.? Cry
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 03:29:24 AM »

Poor Matt.  Sad I know just how he feels. I've got a Shetland Sheepdog named Shelly and a mixbreed named Kasper and I'm afraid to even think how terrible I'm gonna feel when they some day pass away..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 11:36:51 PM »

there's nothing like a good dog story huh.even if it's not such a good one.yes they are womans best friend also.my dog protects me all the time.and i do the same for her.she would give up her life for me if needed i now that for sure.i not only feel safe with her around me i like the love she gives me back.unconditional love no matter what.she is an awesome dog,i will be crused when she goes to the other side.i hope she is waiting for me when it's my turn.i can look forward to seeing her again after life is over.they say your loved ones are waiting for you when you die.i hope she does wait for me when it happens.thats my dog booty'
r.i.p. drac'
hope matt is doing ok.sorry bro'

the one an only horsey !
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2004, 03:42:58 AM »

wow..all these dog people here..when I read it, all I could think was those Swedish babes and those beautifull naked women beside Matt's pool..what a unemotional bastard I am.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2004, 04:04:03 PM »

naked women aren't the issue here.but im sure the dog had alot to look at lol.

the one an only horsey !
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2004, 11:55:44 PM »

we've had two dogs that we have lost, and my brother has had a couple that he has lost as well, they had to give away one of them, she was mostly living with me and it was indeed like having a best friend! but I moved away to go to university somewhere, and my brother and his wife had a kid and having that energetic dog was just too much to handle so they had to give her away, I haven't seen her in two years, but at least I know she's well and living with these health freaks who take like several mile walks a day so she's most likely very happy!

Im sorry about Matt's loss too though, I know what it's like for sure!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 11:57:35 PM by Frusciante » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2004, 12:25:45 AM »

Dear Mr. Sorum,

This poem helped me when I had to put my dog Sugar to sleep in March as she was terminally ill.  I hope it helps you too ok

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Dogs are the best.  When you lose one, your life isn't the same.  But, the memories last and last.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2004, 09:14:56 PM »

I don't want to be insensitive. I feel sorry for the guy, but I'm getting tired of Matt continious references to his Rock and Roll life style and banging women here and there.

Is anybody from this board still unfamiliar with Matt's sex life? C'mon.... Roll Eyes
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 02:39:30 AM »

we've all lost our pets and more then once, we all know about.

he's lying about 1 thing though, Gunners never broke up Undecided

hihi hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004, 05:32:33 PM »

...what a lucky dog.... naked babes in a malibu beach house....  drool

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: