Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R coming to Europe? (was: GNR comming to Glasgow)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R coming to Europe? (was: GNR comming to Glasgow)  (Read 24115 times)
madagas
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2004, 02:07:35 PM »

I think the real question is: IF they tour (big if as we have been down this Euro road 3-4 times), will our little Bucket boy be back in the mix....I am thinking that he will be. hihi hihi Why, because it seems like a short period of time to recruit someone new and get them up to speed on the old and new songs.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2004, 02:19:01 PM »

Well I think this is verry interesting givs us somthing to talk about besides those what if threads
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2004, 03:12:03 PM »

Appreciate the info, as tentative as it is......if they can hold it together and cultivate these rumblings,. we could be in for some fun yet this year.....great for optimism guys
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2004, 04:26:33 PM »

Just like in 2003 there were rumors of an European tour and nothing happened. So we'll have to see what happens.

And remember in 2001 there was a European tour scheduled, but apprently Axl was unaware of it. Roll Eyes
In any case, I think there is some room for tempered optimism here, as *many* people in the European GnR community have heard rumblings (however faint) about this. And I think the general consesus would be that it makes sense for them to start in Europe when they start up again, where promoters and fans are more likely to back up and spend money on the product. If it's true, I hope for Will's sake he gets a show in France, or in Tupelo if they come to the US again, poor guy  Wink.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 05:33:48 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2004, 04:32:50 PM »

I think the real question is: IF they tour (big if as we have been down this Euro road 3-4 times), will our little Bucket boy be back in the mix....I am thinking that he will be. hihi hihi Why, because it seems like a short period of time to recruit someone new and get them up to speed on the old and new songs.
Think about how long it took to get Gilby in the mix after Izzy left. I don't think it's hard to believe that they found someone to replace Buckethead. On the other hand, just the plans of a tour may have been enough to get Bucket back into the fold.

Who knows??
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2004, 04:39:43 PM »

I honestly think when Bucket here's the words "tour" or "album release", he'll be there with bells on. the whole "Bucket leaving GNR" situation is/was very strange, with all the talk of contractual obligations and whatnot. but all of the doubters can suck it down and stfu: no matter how much you want this band to stay in hiding, a tour *IS* in the works...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2004, 05:40:38 PM »

I honestly think when Bucket here's the words "tour" or "album release", he'll be there with bells on. the whole "Bucket leaving GNR" situation is/was very strange, with all the talk of contractual obligations and whatnot. but all of the doubters can suck it down and stfu: no matter how much you want this band to stay in hiding, a tour *IS* in the works...

I checked with management and Buckethead is still contracted to gnr and therefore still a member of gnr.

I am not implying anything but I thought you might be interested anyway.
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2004, 05:53:58 PM »

I have thought from the beginning that Bucket's departure was just a lie so that Axl had an excuse to take more time on the CD.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2004, 06:04:43 PM »

I'm convinced tha if a tour is in the works, that BH is back in the band....OTOH, I do think maybe BH really did want out earlier this year, perhaps b/c he was fed up with lack of progress on touring and CD...I just can't see anybody staking their reputations and accepting blame about cancelling a major gig in order to conver Axl's butt....who knows. I think what may have happened (IF things are going down as rumored) is that Axl found himslef in a conundrum where he has tons of material recorded with BH, which he knew he couldnt afford to scrap, and BH found himself with a contract that would hamper efforts he had to move on from GnR, and some agreement was reached wherein Axl promised that this was really it, and BH agreed to drop his grievances and come back in. I gues the next few months will tell us all we need to know.

Question to Mysteron and all others involved in the music industry: How unusual is it for a band to have contracts such as these, particularly with all these confidentiality agreements and everything? This whole situation has always seen beyond odd to me.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Evolution
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2004, 07:31:41 PM »

i sent an email to the SECC basically saying i heard and rumour and if they could'nt shed any more. i expected nothing and that what i got

"Thank you for your website enquiry.

At this time, no forthcoming Guns n Roses concert has been confirmed.

Please check our websites at www.secc.co.uk and www.secctickets.com for
frequently updated concert information.

Regards

Customer Care Dept.
SECC"

although "no forthcoming Guns N' Roses concert has been confirmed"  Roll Eyes
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2004, 07:39:52 PM »

although "no forthcoming Guns N' Roses concert has been confirmed"   

The keyword here is confirmed I think somthing is up and in the works
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2004, 07:53:02 PM »

Hmm.. Im still waiting for Oslo Spektrum to answer my email.  Kiss

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2004, 08:25:40 PM »

I checked with management and Buckethead is still contracted to gnr and therefore still a member of gnr.

Hmmm, that's kinda weird considering what Axl said about him in his press release about 4 months ago:

"The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence."
(...)
"According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!"

Maybe they had a discussion or something? I don't know, as usual we're in the dark on this. If Axl said Bucket has left the band, I tend to believe him though. Nothing against your post Mysteron, just wondering. Thanx for your info.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

I just e-mailed the venue as well.  I don't think we'll hear anything for a couple of more weeks, but something WILL happen before the summer is over.  It usually works out this way with Axl giving us news at the most un-expected times.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2004, 10:26:57 PM »

Hmmm, that's kinda weird considering what Axl said about him in his press release about 4 months ago:

"The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence."
(...)
"According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!"

Maybe they had a discussion or something? I don't know, as usual we're in the dark on this. If Axl said Bucket has left the band, I tend to believe him though. Nothing against your post Mysteron, just wondering. Thanx for your info.

But doesn't that mean if he was erratic and inconsistent when he was under contract but officially in, he could just be waiting for his contract to expire while he's officially out?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2004, 12:04:27 AM »

I think under contract means they can use him on the album and they can sue him for money spent on him and lost because of him.

I don't think they can force him to be in GnR but they can sue him for millions and scare him back if they wanted.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2004, 02:50:53 AM »

Thanx for the info, Pilferk and Jarmo

I was told that GN'R have been looking for two kinds of venues. Both arenas and clubs/theatres are being looked into.

Clubs or theatres? Excellent! Cheesy

Yeah it's great, it means they sell out as fast as hell.

Yeah - and show the world how far they have fallen. Axl would be humiliated - 85 milliuon album sales and play to 200 people?

He would be as well to give up now.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2004, 05:05:07 AM »

Thanx for the info, Pilferk and Jarmo

I was told that GN'R have been looking for two kinds of venues. Both arenas and clubs/theatres are being looked into.

Clubs or theatres? Excellent! Cheesy

Yeah it's great, it means they sell out as fast as hell.

Yeah - and show the world how far they have fallen. Axl would be humiliated - 85 milliuon album sales and play to 200 people?

He would be as well to give up now.

Bullshit, it is great that they are considering clubs etc allong with arena's. It is something different and it keeps performing interesting as well. The ambiance is usually more intence in a small venue. It is great for people to see them from a close range too. It would be a great and smart idea.  Cheesy

Rock on!!!!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
fixintodie
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2004, 05:12:10 AM »

Exactly
Guns would be playing clubs and theatres because they WANT to, not have to,. The Rolling Stones played clubs and theatres on their last tour. Dylan does it sometimes. Both can still sell out arenas.

"Yeah - and show the world how far they have fallen. Axl would be humiliated"

Roll Eyes

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2004, 06:28:24 AM »

Got a mail from Oslo Spektrum today, but nothing new:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hei,

Vi har ikke f?tt noen informasjon om at Guns N Roses kommer til Oslo Spektrum.

F?lg med p? v?r internettside, l?nner seg ogs? ? melde seg p? v?rt nyhetsbrev, du vil da f? en mail om nye konserter som g?r i salg.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In English:

Hi,

We have not got any information if Guns N Roses is comming to Oslo Spektrum

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: