Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R coming to Europe? (was: GNR comming to Glasgow)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R coming to Europe? (was: GNR comming to Glasgow)  (Read 24144 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2004, 08:20:12 AM »

That's strange - usually by now someone ha smanaged to dismiss this. I guess not even our sleuths can be bothered to disprove this nonsense

There is no way there is a tour in the works - surely Tommy or Dizzy or Lizzy or Vader or whoever the fuck is left in the band would have been aware of it - half of them are already on tour somewhere - doesn't strike me as the behaviour of people about to hit a European tour - don't they need rehersal time?

I'm afriad endless disappointments have made me rather cynical to rumours, and as rumours go this isn't particularily convincing

I think endless disappointments have made a rather bitter and negative person.

Tommy's tour ends in September 10, this rumoured tour is Dec/Jan. Unless a band member announces tour dates for November, they would have enough time to get things prepared.
chas
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2004, 08:34:05 AM »

Isn't this the same poster that started a thread (immediately locked by Jarmo), saying that the guy whos serves him breakfast told him that the original GNR had accepted a $30m cheque to reunite!?? confused

Yes, so why is this thread getting so much attention?  Roll Eyes

This info might fit in with what Jarmo's heard,  but the chances of the poster of this thread having 2 ppl  give him inside info in GnR in the space of 2 weeks is unfathomable.

Huh Huh Huh
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2004, 11:49:42 AM »

Izzy,
   I've got some emails out, but it IS the weekend. Smiley  If the rumor is complete BS, I'll get a firm "No",  if there's some truth to the rumor at all, I'll prolly get something along the lines of a "No comment".  Hopefully, I'll hear more by Monday.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
K-Rock
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2004, 02:30:47 PM »

If Axl wants everybody back in January.....then a tour would not start until Februrary of March.

There gonna need to learn how to play all the new songs they will likely debut on tour.  I'm sure none of them remember how to play any of the many new songs after Axl has tinkered with them for years.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2004, 06:02:31 PM »

If Axl wants everybody back in January.....then a tour would not start until Februrary of March.

There gonna need to learn how to play all the new songs they will likely debut on tour.? I'm sure none of them remember how to play any of the many new songs after Axl has tinkered with them for years.
I don't a true musician or a talented one will forget how to play. I am sure Axl has tinkered with with for the Album but they still had to play the parts for the album. With his talented Guns I doubt they would forget.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2004, 09:08:22 PM »

To be fair, having doubts is understandable.

However, it actually seems that the doubters are the ones clutching at straws with their reasoning this time.

Admit it, no one has found a half decent reason why a tour couldn't start around this time.

We should all keep trying tho, it's our job to weed out any false hopes.  ok

@#$%Muther
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2004, 09:18:03 PM »

Is it time to rally the wagons and get the street team rolling?
Almost Famous
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2004, 12:14:29 AM »

Is it time to rally the wagons and get the street team rolling?

I think for the average band, the street team idea is kind of cool. But for G N' R... I think that if Axl wanted any of my input or assistance, he would have kept me informed on the situation or at least threw me an ask for help. But best to you who choose to street-team the prospect of a new record. I think you will be well received as G N' R still has quite a bit of respect for what they were 'back in the day'.

P.S. I hope that all you Europeans get to finally to see G N' R on a proper tour of your countries. I was one of the lucky ones to see them in 2002 here in London, Ontario, Canada and it was one of the best nights of my life.
SlashFan
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2004, 12:26:32 AM »

grabaraxl knows his shit. he has loads of friends who are top at record labels and promoters...? he has his info and I've been personal friend of his for a long time. That's all I can say.

Big deal,I have friends in record labels but I don't go around bragging about it,and besides no one who is not W.Axl Rose or his managment doesn't know shit about what's going on with GN'R. peace smoking
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2004, 12:28:23 AM »

Best thing to do is get notify by pollstar website for guns n roses tour dates they are pretty good with what is going on  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
iMac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2004, 06:01:44 AM »

I guess the only thing that could cause a problem is brain (and possibly buckethead). I'm sure CCBBB will want to do a bit of touring when their new album comes out.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2004, 07:23:41 PM »

Rumourboard Admin strikes again!

Here is what he says about the possible Spain dates :

"Two dates, Madrid and Barcelona, I will check further on this. "

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2004, 09:13:20 AM »

As I said above, I sent off a couple of emails to some friends of mine who might have info on any possible Euro tour goings on. Got this response from a friend of mine via email:

Nothing definitive yet.

That's it.? His entire response.? I sent him back an email asking if that means something is in the works but is not finalized, or if he means they he hasn't heard anything at all, beyond the same rumors we're hearing.? I'll let the speculation begin until I hear back something (hopefully something more concrete) more from him.

Edit: got a response back from him.  It says:

"In the Works, but Very Very early in the process.  Nothing is final or definitive.  Everything is tentative.  Whole thing could tumble like a house of cards or not. Go ahead and share since there is not much to share."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 10:24:11 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2004, 10:54:41 AM »

Cool, thanks for the info, pilferk.   Yet one more source that points towards end of the year happenings.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2004, 11:15:56 AM »

Always the same countries though: Spain, Germany and the UK. (well, there was Belgium in 2002). I wonder if they'll tour other countries in "Europe".

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2004, 11:16:23 AM »

I was told that GN'R have been looking for two kinds of venues. Both arenas and clubs/theatres are being looked into.

I can't tell you the names of the venues or the city/country (for obvious reasons).

Just like in 2003 there were rumors of an European tour and nothing happened. So we'll have to see what happens.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Almost Famous
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2004, 12:13:11 PM »

Either way, it's starting to feel like we're getting closer.

Pilferk's comments (as well as yours Jarmo) are reassuring in that at least that void of communication between the real world and the GN'R camp seems to have been bridged long enough to cause a stir. Someone's seems to be laying the groundwork for something.

It's all cool in my books right now. Dude.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2004, 12:38:07 PM »

hopefully it doesnt tumble like a house of cards, im crossing my fingers that it doesnt thanks for the info Pilferk ok

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

Thanx for the info, Pilferk and Jarmo

I was told that GN'R have been looking for two kinds of venues. Both arenas and clubs/theatres are being looked into.

Clubs or theatres? Excellent! Cheesy
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2004, 01:47:39 PM »

Thanx for the info, Pilferk and Jarmo

Clubs or theatres? Excellent! Cheesy

Yeah it's great, it means they sell out as fast as hell.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: