Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:50:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE RUMOR: GN'R at the VMAs
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE RUMOR: GN'R at the VMAs  (Read 22516 times)
fartinabag
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 03:50:03 PM »

I doubt any member will be there.  But hopefully they will plug a chinese demecracy release date.  This would be great for exposure considering the amount of people that would be watching.
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 04:03:20 PM »

MTV just had a VMA special on this years upcoming VMA's and near the end they said something like "you never know what to expect at the VMA's or in the upcoming year" and then they showed Axl. They then said "and you prob wont see" and they showed Ricky Martin. Some kind of subliminal messaging....prob not, but its fun to mention
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 06:56:08 PM »

They were probably just showing an Axl referrence to support the idea that even the most unlikely event imaginable is possible at the VMA's...wouldn't read anything into it
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 08:13:10 PM »

The crowd would react great if Axl walked out

Not to be pestimistic, but to teeny boppers the 2002 performance was a joke, I know we all love Axl but I dont know if the general public would be excited to see them. If Lars is in the VMA audience I am sure he will go WILD if Axl comes out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 08:39:12 PM »

Not to be pestimistic, but to teeny boppers the 2002 performance was a joke, I know we all love Axl but I dont know if the general public would be excited to see them.

What I can see from the 2002 performance was that the crowd was into it why wouldnt they be into it again espeacially with the resurgance of popularity in GNR this past year with Greatest Hits and all tthe VH1 shows, I think they would get a good reception.  I just dont think they will be there

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 10:14:38 PM »

Not to be pestimistic, but to teeny boppers the 2002 performance was a joke, I know we all love Axl but I dont know if the general public would be excited to see them.

What I can see from the 2002 performance was that the crowd was into it why wouldnt they be into it again espeacially with the resurgance of popularity in GNR this past year with Greatest Hits and all tthe VH1 shows, I think they would get a good reception.? I just dont think they will be there
I thought the crowd reaction was ok, nothing too over the top, but after everyone seen them on TV with the audio problems they all think Axl cant sing. My friends who are casual GnR fans didnt like it. Besides the fact the members have other things going on I dont think they were invited back.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

I think GNR could get a fairly strong receiption given all the recent attention GNR has received.  But I also think that the average joe doesn't really care that much about GNR.  I've had a lot of casual listeners comment that Axl can't sing anymore after hearing them on the VMAs.  If GNR does resurface at the VMAs, I hope Axl will be able to prove these casual listeners wrong. 
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 12:27:07 AM »

I doubt Axl would force Tommy and Dizzy to drop all their plans for 1 gig right when they both are gearing up to hit the road nonstop for 2 months...but I believe this album is close to coming out, at least the closest its been in 2 years, so seeing something GnR related wouldnt surprise me.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2004, 12:34:57 AM »

I was kind of on the fence about writing this... but, if GNR did play again hypothetically on this years VMA's, I know that instead of the normal Fuck Yea GNR is going to kick fucking ass (like I would normally do), I would be silently thinking "God please Axl, don't fuck up. "

It is always great seeing Axl regardless though, and of course I hope they will be there along with the release date announcement.  But obla di obla da...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2004, 12:49:43 AM »

We will see no such thing this fine year, but GNR will be there en masse to collect all their moonmen next fall....bah-lee dat....
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 04:50:37 AM »

What issue of ME is it in? I subscribe to that mag and I haven't seen anything to that nature in the August issue.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 08:04:18 AM »

One more time, with feeling:

They are not currently slated to play the '04 VMA's.? At this time there does not appear to be any incarnation of "The Frogs" on the list, either.

Will they be there in the audience?

Maybe....Maybe not.? I have no information on the attendees (meaning the "red carpet runners").
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 08:09:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 03:35:58 AM »

One more time, with feeling:

They are not currently slated to play the '04 VMA's.  At this time there does not appear to be any incarnation of "The Frogs" on the list, either.

Will they be there in the audience?

Maybe....Maybe not.  I have no information on the attendees (meaning the "red carpet runners").

lol frogs....frogs are funny...hopping around burping on some leaf floating in a pond.

...damn frogs are trippy

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 06:43:49 AM »

Ribbit Ribbit

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2004, 12:57:44 AM »

In a commercial for the VMA's I could have swore I saw a quick flash of Axl's face - can someone confirm this???

I was at a bar and really bellieve I saw this...no rumor...no one post wonder....no conspiracy intended.......and even though I am in Canada...I saw this in a bar with hacked US signals......before you trace the IP... I totally saw a flash of axl with a bandana - younger years...... and by all means I am not trying to read into this because I don't think they will appear - did anyone else see this - or  was I hallucinating?

The volume was out - and could hear the commercial......

Help?HuhHuh
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 01:02:37 AM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2004, 02:22:35 AM »

ill check out mtv (god help me) for a few hours and see if i see it,  I know that in the VMA 2004 uncensored program they have a peice of about 4 or 5 mins dedicated to gnr's 02 performance

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2004, 02:28:13 AM »

Ribbit Ribbit

funny shit rofl i find it hilerious that they where slated as the frogs

Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2004, 03:50:09 AM »

If its the same thing I saw, I believe they said something along the lines of "expect the unexpected" and showed a pic of axl, implying that the 2002 performance was unexpected by most people, and more unexpected things will probably happen on future shows.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2004, 06:53:08 AM »

just saw is! a clip of Axl. Im starting to belive we will get to hear something.

When is The VMA?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2004, 07:56:51 AM »

Forget it guys... A short clip of Axl means nothing....

Read the Dizzy interview... He knows nothing at all, about C.D....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: