Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:50:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Fall to Pieces video now at Launch.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall to Pieces video now at Launch.com  (Read 50542 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2004, 04:05:25 PM »

ding ding ding. its totally played out. maybe if you are a 15 year old boy you are tickled by two girls kissing, but if this band wants real credibility, they need to appeal to more than the horny teenager male fanbase.? Roll Eyes
take this tip guys: midgets and girls kissing are all very OVER concepts in rock videos.

You think its possible that they werent out to tickle anybody?  That scene is such a minute detail in the video, that its silly to complain about.  Its like saying "OMG parties in videos are so played out"...Well, so what?  Theyre minor details in a video thats about something very diffrent...Something credible, since you brought it up.

The kiss wasnt a concept in the video, it was a detail, and one that served a purpose.  Theyre obviously contrasting the bands partying to Scotts suffering...so what are they going to do in Matts scene?  Have a clown or magician making balloon puppets?  Theyre probably going to reflect Matts real-life partying, which most likely includes socializing with girls, and yes, watching them kiss.  And yes, theres the asthetic factor of two girls kissing that doesnt hurt.  But like I said, its a minor detail, and it has a point.

However, out of curiosity, can you name a few of the exhaustive list of videos featuring lesbian kissing?  I can think of like 3 or 4 tops...
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2004, 05:27:42 PM »

There is nothing wrong with girls kissing - don't be homophobic  Wink
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2004, 05:41:18 PM »

There is nothing wrong with girls kissing - don't be homophobic? Wink

hihi someone here wants to see more girls making out Tongue? hihi

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2004, 05:58:33 PM »

are you kidding? thinking it is tacky and played out is hardly homophobic.

younggunner- yes, it's a detail, but its a lame detail. these guys are too old to be behaving like 20 year olds. there are plenty of ways to show the guys partying and having fun without that detail. they had achieved it fine up until that point.

i'm just sick of women kissing for the pleasure and amusement of men. its a shitty representation (sometimes women will kiss for, GASP!!! their own pleasure) and i don't appreciate one of my favorite bands perpetuating it. i would be equally critical if another band did it, but i think most music today sucks balls. i misspoke when i said that girls kissing is a played out concept in music videos-- correction: it is an exhausted concept in pop culture. i don't know how you are going to argue with me on this point.

furthermore, people talk a lot about Duff "trying too hard", what with all the "were do dangerous" talk (something that never bothered me all that much). what about Matt? first its with the "banging 21 year olds" or whatever similar comment he made and now with the sexy lesbians.? Roll Eyes again, lame.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2004, 06:56:08 PM »

furthermore, people talk a lot about Duff "trying too hard", what with all the "were do dangerous" talk (something that never bothered me all that much). what about Matt? first its with the "banging 21 year olds" or whatever similar comment he made and now with the sexy lesbians.? Roll Eyes again, lame.

Maybe Matt is trying to be "dangerous" because of Duff's comments? Somebody's gotta live up to the "reputation" of the band and the rest of them are all married.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2004, 07:15:39 PM »

ding ding ding. its totally played out. maybe if you are a 15 year old boy you are tickled by two girls kissing, but if this band wants real credibility, they need to appeal to more than the horny teenager male fanbase.? Roll Eyes
take this tip guys: midgets and girls kissing are all very OVER concepts in rock videos.

You think its possible that they werent out to tickle anybody?? That scene is such a minute detail in the video, that its silly to complain about.? Its like saying "OMG parties in videos are so played out"...Well, so what?? Theyre minor details in a video thats about something very diffrent...Something credible, since you brought it up.

The kiss wasnt a concept in the video, it was a detail, and one that served a purpose.? Theyre obviously contrasting the bands partying to Scotts suffering...so what are they going to do in Matts scene?? Have a clown or magician making balloon puppets?? Theyre probably going to reflect Matts real-life partying, which most likely includes socializing with girls, and yes, watching them kiss.? And yes, theres the asthetic factor of two girls kissing that doesnt hurt.? But like I said, its a minor detail, and it has a point.

However, out of curiosity, can you name a few of the exhaustive list of videos featuring lesbian kissing?? I can think of like 3 or 4 tops...

Bad girl has a valid point. I sure don't have anything against two girls kissing, but that scene makes no sense. It seems like they had to fit Matt in the video as duff, slash and Scott have their little parts throughout. So, what could we suse to make Matt stand out for a couple of seconds? Hmm...bring two girls and make believe he'll have an orgy with them. I'm not saying it's not realistic ( Sure Matt still enjoys his single life) but I find it weird seeing a 44 year old guy representing the early 20's year old Rock Star clich?.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2004, 07:47:30 PM »

but I find it weird seeing a 44 year old guy representing the early 20's year old Rock Star clich?.
 ok
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2004, 09:24:13 PM »

younggunner-

Huh Huh Huh

yes, it's a detail, but its a lame detail. these guys are too old to be behaving like 20 year olds.

So I suppose you would suggest that they start wearing white button-up shirts and neckties...?? In case you forgot, they are a rock band, and I never thought it was important for rock musicians to start "acting their age".? More importantly, however, I dont think kissing women and watching women kiss is a "20 year-old" thing to do when your a single rock star.? Matt Sorum isnt the average 44 year-old.

there are plenty of ways to show the guys partying and having fun without that detail. they had achieved it fine up until that point.

Im sure, but self-aware, disingenuous censorship is even lamer.  You think theyre thinking, "I dont know guys, even though is is how Matt parties, its an over concept in pop-culture and is kind of demeaning and offensive to women - you think we should maybe cut it out?"  no?

i'm just sick of women kissing for the pleasure and amusement of men.

If you want to get that into the whole thing, Matt was kissing the girls as well.? So it wasnt exactly a showing-off thing, where hes making the girls do it for a rowdy crowd of guys or simply ogoling them - hes involved with them himself...Its an implied threesome.? So that would indicate that the girls are doing it for their own pleasure.? Its a detail that exemplifies rock and roll decadence, Matts single life, and the contrast between his fun and Scotts pain.? However, again, its such an ultimately trivial detail that its silly to look that far into it.? Were you this displeased at the strippers in "Slither".? After all, strippers in rock videos is such an over concept.? Girls dancing for men is completely demeaning by your logic, right?? Yet your favorite bands (Guns to VR, and Im sure any other band you can name) have perpetuated this cliche...And Im sure they actually go to strip clubs in real life? Shocked? And watch girls kiss? Shocked? And if you go to a strip club, youll see guys 18 to 80.? Wanting to see strippers and girls make out and all of that shit is natural for all men, especially those who are single, in a rock band, and in Matts case in the video, participating in the activity.? The video, which was meant to take place in the Starwood (a place where Im sure such detestable activities actually occurred) obviously had a rock and roll decadence theme...These are the details used to illustrate it.

Sorums statement about banging young women and multiple partner encounters are more accurate then Duffs "dangerous" comments.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 09:44:06 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2004, 09:26:46 PM »

younggunner- yes, it's a detail, but its a lame detail. these guys are too old to be behaving like 20 year olds. there are plenty of ways to show the guys partying and having fun without that detail. they had achieved it fine up until that point.
LoL, how did i get into this? I think you meant Booker...anyways now that im here I might as well chime in...
 I agree with you Badgirl, they shouldnt have shown 2 girls kissing, the only type of kissing I advocate is a kiss that involves BAdgirl and Younggunner.  Smiley

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2004, 09:51:35 PM »

sorry Gunner, my bad.  Kiss

Booker- dude, i hope your last post made sense to you because you lost me at "so..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2004, 10:12:20 PM »

Booker- dude, i hope your last post made sense to you because you lost me at "so..."

Speaking of lame... ok

Well thats a good way to concede youve lost an argument...Sorry you couldnt keep up.? Sad
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 10:28:53 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2004, 11:44:02 PM »

Let Matt be happy, and let him have those 3 seconds of fun in the video, since the full shot couldn't be used. The actual take is much longer and much racier

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2004, 03:48:19 AM »

Speaking of lame... ok

Well thats a good way to concede youve lost an argument...Sorry you couldnt keep up.? Sad

Man... she backed out of the argument.... but fuck... she called you younggunner.... OUCH!  nervous
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2004, 05:39:06 AM »

So I suppose you would suggest that they start wearing white button-up shirts and neckties...?? In case you forgot, they are a rock band, and I never thought it was important for rock musicians to start "acting their age".? More importantly, however, I dont think kissing women and watching women kiss is a "20 year-old" thing to do when your a single rock star.? Matt Sorum isnt the average 44 year-old.

They are a rock and roll band indeed, but this video ( on thier own words) is like a big faimily reunion...I don't think that scene makes any sense to the theme of the video. That's why it makes it so cliche. Like I said earlier, it even seems like theyve tried to fit Matt in as Duff, Scott and Slahs had their little parts.

Im sure, but self-aware, disingenuous censorship is even lamer.? You think theyre thinking, "I dont know guys, even though is is how Matt parties, its an over concept in pop-culture and is kind of demeaning and offensive to women - you think we should maybe cut it out?"? no?

It doesn't have to do all with censorship. I'm a guy and I love threesomes ( shit, I wish I was in one right now)? but this band, rearldless been a rock band, should know their boundaries. People ain't stupid, this band can't sell the rock and roll image when they all have families & kids ( except Matt) and cleaned up. What makes them now so dangerous? Why have a scene with two girls now? That prob made sense during the illusions time, but it doesn't now. See, I would enjoy this band much more if they let music do the talking...we first had Scott ranting about the press ( remainds of someone 14 years ago) then we have Duff saying " we are gonna be so dangerous..." and now something like this in a video.. this is crap!!! I don't buy it. It does make them ridiculous!

Sorums statement about banging young women and multiple partner encounters are more accurate then Duffs "dangerous" comments.

Even you are admitting Duff comments were/have been silly. On the other hand, why does Matt keep talking so much about the banging young women? In every chance he gets; tv appereance/ interview, he always makes a comment.? I recalled about two or three months ago he said something like this months ago" haha, I still get laid with 18 year old girls when I tell them I once was the drummer of GNR" what kinda shit is that?? I don't know who is he trying to impress by saying that, but I don't see any other veteran rock band using the same rock cliches as a part of their marketing strategy.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2004, 08:44:01 AM »

Speaking of lame... ok

I've explained my point of view. twice. i feel no need to stretch this thread to god only knows how many pages restating things i have already said. this is my OPINION. you don't have to agree.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2004, 09:02:43 AM »

They are a rock and roll band indeed, but this video ( on thier own words) is like a big faimily reunion...

Okay, but first and foremost its a party at the 70s-style Starwood...Its not literally a family reunion.

I don't think that scene makes any sense to the theme of the video.

Sure it does...Its the guys having fun and drinking at a Starwood party.  The guys are all with their chicks - 4 of them happened to be married.  Matt isnt, and thats quite clear.  And like Ive said three times - You dont see that the scene is meant as a contrast between the bands good time and Scotts pain?  Its obvious thats the purpose.

That's why it makes it so cliche. Like I said earlier, it even seems like theyve tried to fit Matt in as Duff, Scott and Slahs had their little parts.

Well, yeah...its Velvet Revolver, not everybody but Matt.   

It doesn't have to do all with censorship.

Sure it does.  Obviously its something the band and/or director wanted...so to reconsider it in fear of the criticisms of a few would be self-censorship.

should know their boundaries.

Huh

People ain't stupid, this band can't sell the rock and roll image when they all have families & kids ( except Matt) and cleaned up.

Well now youre on a different topic...

We were talking about Matt, and you correctly noted doesnt have a family and kids.

What makes them now so dangerous? Why have a scene with two girls now?

Because its more than likely something that actually occurs in Matts life...

And its nothing new as you know.  Guns did it (in a much more obvious and gratuitous manner) in "SIDHY".

That prob made sense during the illusions time, but it doesn't now.

So if Matts actually with multiple young women, it doesnt make sense?

Even you are admitting Duff comments were/have been silly.

Yeah...that doesnt have much to do with this particular complaint.

darkmonth
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2004, 09:21:25 AM »

There is nothing wrong with girls kissing - don't be homophobic  Wink

i'm just sick of women kissing for the pleasure and amusement of men. its a shitty representation (sometimes women will kiss for, GASP!!! their own pleasure) and i don't appreciate one of my favorite bands perpetuating it.

Oh shut your stupid cakehole.  Boring old bag.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2004, 09:31:01 AM »

i'm just sick of women kissing for the pleasure and amusement of men. its a shitty representation (sometimes women will kiss for, GASP!!! their own pleasure) and i don't appreciate one of my favorite bands perpetuating it.

Oh shut your stupid cakehole.? Boring old bag.

um, do you know anything of which you speak? i am 25, first of all. and simply because i know a little more about negative representations and stereotypes hardly makes me "boring". sorry for trying to inject a little intelligence into this thread... i see some of you clearly aren't up to the task.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2004, 09:39:20 AM »

Man... she backed out of the argument.... but fuck... she called you younggunner.... OUCH
Booker should be honered

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2004, 10:08:43 AM »

Oh shut your stupid cakehole.? Boring old bag.

um, do you know anything of which you speak? i am 25, first of all. and simply because i know a little more about negative representations and stereotypes hardly makes me "boring". sorry for trying to inject a little intelligence into this thread... i see some of you clearly aren't up to the task.

I'm sure the two ladies getting paid shit loads of money don't mind, they were not forced into it  ok

Feminists today......  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: