Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  info on the song prostitute
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: info on the song prostitute  (Read 10290 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 02:30:10 AM »

i think its almost definite that he has worked with gnr. i found some websites that have him connected to the project that i posted in the "songs on chinese democracy" thread.

Maybe he did, but the question still remains. How come nobody else can give details on what they've done on the album, but he can?

/jarmo

Maybe because he doesn't actually say ANYTHING- ''er..yeah its...er....good!''

Real insight on the song there - as we have learnt in the past the trick to a good rumour is to pretend you know a lot but don't actually say anything that can be double checked.

This is bollocks like all the other rumours.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004, 02:41:52 AM »

Izzy so tell me how this rumor cant be doubled checked? Once we get the album we will know.
Oh i guess that is not good enought eh? Btw Marco talked a bit about his work on CD with IGN, so he also talked about it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 02:46:00 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004, 03:00:33 AM »

Izzy so tell me how this rumor cant be doubled checked? Once we get the album we will know.

Er..well duh Roll Eyes 2006 is leaving it a long time to check a rumour......

Oh i guess that is not good enought eh? Btw Marco talked a bit about his work on CD with IGN, so he also talked about it.

So if Marco talks about something that makes this rumour true?

Read what this guy says again - he's so vague to make checking up on his story impossible, anything more concrete and Mysteron could smash this nonsense right in the mouth - it has orchestra bits - hell they all do! We've known the title for 5 years!

No need to get so defensive - your just the messenger, u didn't create this....or did u hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2004, 06:21:45 AM »

Read what this guy says again

"Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; vocals were only guides, not finished at the time I was working on it, so can?t really say what kind of character they are; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, as I said, ice and fire, kind of powerful."

Thats vague??  He decribes everything he supposedly knows about the song...what else should he have said?  He said the rhythm is aggressive, the vocals are unfinished, the exact details of the string arrangement, and describes it all as "powerful". 

And whats your point, anyway?  You think its false because its not informative enough?  That makes a lot of sense...so when Dizzy describes "I.R.S." as a great song, its probably false because he didnt back it up with any musical notation.   

he's so vague to

Yeah, so vague he gave the exact number of string instruments... Roll Eyes

''er..yeah its...er....good!''

Real insight on the song there

Yeah, thats exactly what he said  ok

Maybe you should post the actual quote instead of trying to be humorous.

And youve completely missed the point...

Jarmo asked why this guy can talk about his work when nobody else has - Dave correctly pointed out that Beltrami did the same.  So if Beltrami can do it, maybe this guy could too...Simple enough?

And didnt some engineer (Castanza maybe?) give some details about his experience with GNR?  Not to mention Moby, Zakk Wylde and a few others Im sure.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 12:09:35 PM »

When I used the word orchestrated, I used it as meaning an orchestra.

Since when did the Blues and Maddy have this?

But anyway, the ones Marcos has worked on, would have a full orchestra I would presume. But now, it seems Prostitute has this too. I am not saying this as a negative necessarily, but it seems excessive even for this new age of GNR.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
madagas
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2004, 12:23:38 PM »

The synth parts on Blues and Maddy clearly are meant to duplicate a string section. Axl did not use a real string section for Nov Rain and to me, it takes the song from classy to almost cheesy-still a great tune though. Real strings definitely are noticeable and give the songs much more power and "earthiness"-see The Wall for an example.
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2004, 01:07:39 PM »

Part of what Beltrami did was guitar work, btw.
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2004, 02:22:52 PM »

I wonder where this song lies in the pantheon of Axl's songs?  I wonder if this song is going to be a single?  I can not imagine MTV or other music stations playing a song with that title.  I wonder if the name of this song will be changed?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2004, 03:57:56 PM »

Mtv would play a vid with this song title, they will just change the name of the song.
Like stinkfist for tool was called track #1.

Radio will have no problem playing the song since they played rape me by nirvana and hooker with a penis by tool

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2004, 04:00:37 PM »

Since when has "Prostitute" become a dirty word?

If the song were a single, Im sure thered be no problem with the title.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2004, 04:54:49 PM »

I wouldn't mind 10-15 November Rains

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2004, 05:04:59 PM »

Since when has "Prostitute" become a dirty word?

If the song were a single, Im sure thered be no problem with the title.
I was thinking that too, hell it's the longest going profession around why would they censor the word?
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2004, 08:07:49 PM »

Read what this guy says again

"Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; vocals were only guides, not finished at the time I was working on it, so can?t really say what kind of character they are; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, as I said, ice and fire, kind of powerful."

Thats vague??? He decribes everything he supposedly knows about the song...what else should he have said?? He said the rhythm is aggressive, the vocals are unfinished, the exact details of the string arrangement, and describes it all as "powerful".?

And whats your point, anyway?? You think its false because its not informative enough?? That makes a lot of sense...so when Dizzy describes "I.R.S." as a great song, its probably false because he didnt back it up with any musical notation.? ?

he's so vague to

Yeah, so vague he gave the exact number of string instruments... Roll Eyes

''er..yeah its...er....good!''

Real insight on the song there

Yeah, thats exactly what he said? ok

Maybe you should post the actual quote instead of trying to be humorous.

And youve completely missed the point...

Jarmo asked why this guy can talk about his work when nobody else has - Dave correctly pointed out that Beltrami did the same.? So if Beltrami can do it, maybe this guy could too...Simple enough?

And didnt some engineer (Castanza maybe?) give some details about his experience with GNR?? Not to mention Moby, Zakk Wylde and a few others Im sure.

booker you stole the words out of my mouth, eh well in this case my keyboard

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Suskind
Axl's bitch
Headliner

And he will rise tall among these shadows once again...

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2004, 09:35:11 AM »

Prostitute huh?

When is Axl gonna stop writing songs about Stephanie?  Cheesy

Cant wait to hear it

Live like a suicide?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2004, 11:34:50 AM »

Prostitute huh?

When is Axl gonna stop writing songs about Stephanie?? Cheesy

I hope it not about Stephanie?sounds like a pretty bad loser. no

I found some quotes on prostitute.?

1)No hireling she, no prostitute to praise. --Pope.

2)Made bold by want, and prostitute for bread. ?Prior
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2004, 12:06:48 PM »

Brian May is another one who famously talked about working on Chinese Democracy, albeit a long time ago.

I've seen enough.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2004, 08:33:18 PM »

i think its almost definite that he has worked with gnr. i found some websites that have him connected to the project that i posted in the "songs on chinese democracy" thread.

Maybe he did, but the question still remains. How come nobody else can give details on what they've done on the album, but he can?

/jarmo
Good point.

Maybe Axl pissed him off, being the perfectionist he is and being like "I dont like your arrangements and I'm not gonna use them" So maybe he feels free to talk about his work. I dont think anytihng he did would be on the final product, since no one else is talking in details about any of the songs.

I know Brian May commented on his work with Axl, but never gave details about any of the songs.

I believe its either he got pissed of by Axl, or he didnt get paid so he's talking.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
madagas
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2004, 02:03:10 PM »

I was just listening to Sticky Fingers by the Stones and Buckmaster provides some killer string arrangements to Sway and Moonlight Mile. Axl is working with top notch professionals. hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2004, 02:11:51 PM »

/jarmo
Good point.

Maybe Axl pissed him off, being the perfectionist he is and being like "I dont like your arrangements and I'm not gonna use them" So maybe he feels free to talk about his work. I dont think anytihng he did would be on the final product, since no one else is talking in details about any of the songs.

I know Brian May commented on his work with Axl, but never gave details about any of the songs.

I believe its either he got pissed of by Axl, or he didnt get paid so he's talking.

He didnt say anything bad about Axl and he said his songs will be on the album.
So I dont understand your point.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2004, 03:49:35 PM »

/jarmo
Good point.

He didnt say anything bad about Axl and he said his songs will be on the album.
So I dont understand your point.
Its not about saying something good or bad about Axl or his songs, NO ONE INVOLVED IN THE PROJECTED HAS COMMENTEDIN DETAIL ABOUT THE SONGS. My point wasnt refering to him talking about Axl in a bad way. My point was throwing out ideas as to WHY HE'S TALKING ABOUT THE SONGS AND NO ONE ELSE IS.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: