Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Single number 3 and 4
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Single number 3 and 4  (Read 7854 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 06:04:22 AM »

"Sucker Train Blues" average?

"Do It For The Kids"?

no

I just can't get into this album yet. I've tried, but the songs you mention won't do it for me. " Do it for the kids" may be the only rocker with single potential left. Even the rock STP tunes sound way better than VR's...

« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 06:07:14 AM by Chinasky » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2004, 08:34:23 AM »

I just can't get into this album yet. I've tried, but the songs you mention won't do it for me. " Do it for the kids" may be the only rocker with single potential left. Even the rock STP tunes sound way better than VR's...

Thats too bad...I figured at least "Sucker Train Blues" would appeal to most rock fans.? Dont see how anybody can not think that song is great, but...appraently you think "Slither"s the albums only good rocker.? no

As for STPs "rock" songs (which is about 70% of their catalogue), they were one of the best bands around, so thats not necessarily some insulting opinion.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:36:04 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 04:23:18 PM »

I would like the next two singles to be "Superhuman" and "You Got No Right."
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2004, 07:13:12 PM »

As for STPs "rock" songs (which is about 70% of their catalogue), they were one of the best bands around, so thats not necessarily some insulting opinion.

No, you got it wrong there ( or maybe I didn't express myself good enough ) I liked STP, always did. They were indeed one of the best bands around in the 90's. That's why, when Scott joined forces with Slash and duff I thought the outcome of that would've been out of this planet, but it hasn't reach out my expectations.

As for suckertrain blues, it doesn't appeal to me at all. Then again, I may have expected way too much out of this band, but then again, I couldn't expect less from this line up.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 08:41:52 AM »

Suckertrain Blues should be the 3rd and You Got No Right should def be the 4th single

Agreed

sure oh sure, i agree too!

beer

I definately agree! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 09:10:26 PM »

Suckertrain Blues and loving the alien beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
gnrmandee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 08:08:14 PM »

No, you got it wrong there ( or maybe I didn't express myself good enough ) I liked STP, always did. They were indeed one of the best bands around in the 90's. That's why, when Scott joined forces with Slash and duff I thought the outcome of that would've been out of this planet, but it hasn't reach out my expectations.

As for suckertrain blues, it doesn't appeal to me at all. Then again, I may have expected way too much out of this band, but then again, I couldn't expect less from this line up.
"this line up"... what the hell do you mean??? u r talking about some of the very talented and experienced musicians... sorry but i really disagree with you..why the hell are u on this forum if you " couldn't expect less from this line up"..grr
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 08:20:55 PM »

I'll tell you from matt saying an album in early 2005 I don't think they will go for a fourth single off the album... I think three will occur then the next album will happen... They recorded 50-60 songs prior to this release, so they have material already for  a new album...

If I could chose the next single it would be between headspace n Dirty little thing.. beer

I just want to see fall to pieces have success, it's a good tune with a very good video..
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: