Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:30:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Use Your Illusion...Naked
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Use Your Illusion...Naked  (Read 3561 times)
RichardNixon
« on: August 15, 2004, 01:02:39 AM »

Slash once said that he remembers the master tapes for the Illusion albums are sounding very raw and heavy. I think it would be cool as shit if the Illusion albums were re-released, like the Beatles Let It Be album was released as Let It Be...Naked. I'd love to hear "Coma" "Breakdown" and "Garden of Eden" without the studio effects. Also, songs like "Right Next Door to Hell" and "Pretty Tied Up" might sound better if they were rawer.

Other songs like "Locomotive" sound better as a result of the studio effects. And I can't imagine "Estranged" as being anymore perfect.
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 02:52:59 AM »

Try downloading the Civil War demo from this site that will give you an idea of the difference.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 04:20:37 AM »

the demo of | don't damn me | is kick  ass one too.

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 06:38:32 AM »

On the Virgin Radio interview from earlier this year, Slash said he'd really like these 'raw' albums to be released... perhaps he should negotiate with Axl, so that he can released the re-recorded 'Appetite' and Slash can have the 'naked' Illusions ok

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 07:09:58 AM »

Yeah i've thought that at some point. I find the Illusions have too many effects tthough i still appreciate them.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 08:00:28 AM »

I'd like to listen to them but I dont think we'll get to hear me I've heard demo's of The Garden and Dont Damn Me

EEEERRRR Little boy
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 08:03:02 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Illusion albums. It's just that I'd like to hear different versions of the songs that I love.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 09:35:22 AM »

On the Virgin Radio interview from earlier this year, Slash said he'd really like these 'raw' albums to be released... perhaps he should negotiate with Axl, so that he can released the re-recorded 'Appetite' and Slash can have the 'naked' Illusions ok
As much as id like that i can't see it happening.  I believe if it did all the critics would use it as an excuse to say how Axl has totally lost the plot, they would do whatever they could to damn the re-recorded Appetite and they would also praise the 'Naked' Illusions.  Whether an improvement or not people just would not accept Appetite re-recorded or at least the critics would not the phrase 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' would frequently occur.  While many critics said the Illusions were over produced and they would use it as an excuse to support the likes of Izzy who i believe wasn't too happy with all the effects and shit saying how the songs were way different and he found it hard to recognise some that he played on [this is from memory i may be slightly wrong with some of my facts, feel free to correct]
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 03:02:18 PM »

There're perfect as they are.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 03:36:26 PM »

I have the outtake of coma without all the talking and effects, its pretty cool.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 12:31:48 AM »

Wow! That would be pretty cool to hear! I have a demo (although the person said it was live, so I don't know what it is) of DDM and it's only a minute long! It's pretty good quality.? Axl just skips most of the song, except for the first few verses, and gutiar solo then does the end scream and he does it in his low vocals.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 02:22:24 AM »

There're perfect as they are.

my thought excatly ok

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 11:28:06 AM »

Wow! That would be pretty cool to hear! I have a demo (although the person said it was live, so I don't know what it is) of DDM and it's only a minute long! It's pretty good quality.? Axl just skips most of the song, except for the first few verses, and gutiar solo then does the end scream and he does it in his low vocals.

I have a demo of dont damn me where at the end axl screws up.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 12:33:13 AM »

Slash and Duff have alreday said if they win that lawsuit that they would be interested in releasing UYI's the way they should sound.

vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 12:35:31 AM »

Slash and Duff have alreday said if they win that lawsuit that they would be interested in releasing UYI's the way they should sound.

Sweet... I'd love to hear it, though I think they sound great they way they are now anyway.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 12:36:54 AM »

I love the illusions albums are they are. My only hope for the naked version wouldn't be any qualms with the sound fx, I would just hope the guitars would haver a louder, thicker sound similar to appetite

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: