Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  regardless of what people say, they still love Axl!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: regardless of what people say, they still love Axl!  (Read 5767 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: August 14, 2004, 03:27:47 PM »

I keep hearing how people chant "Fuck Axl Rose" etc etc.

I've learned in my many years on earth, that if people don't like you, they simply don't mention you. If someone doesn't like Axl, it's probably got more to do with his inactivity than actually not liking him.

I can almost guarantee if we ever do get Chinese Democracy, these same people who "hate" axl now, will go back to being his biggest fan.

Axl has hurt himself a lot over the years by making false promises,the 2002 tour,and failing to deliver with Chinese Democracy.

Axl has also been hurt by band members,relatives etc etc talking and giving fans false hope.

The only thing that matters is Chinese Democracy and the quality of that compact disc. I don't believe anyone can sit here and say that if Chinese Democracy lives up to the hype that Axl will still be villified.

Lars was right, Axl is such a magnetic figure, people love to hate axl in the whole anti-hero type way, Axl will always be cool because he is real and not manufactured in a studio, his image isn't made up.

You couldn't create Axl Rose in a book of fiction that hows unique,interesting,and intriguing he is.

One of the things that has kept me around this board for so long, besides the people ive met etc. is just so i can see the reaction of everyone when C.D. drops.

I'm predicting a mass hysteria that we've never seen in music before, at least for us Guns 'n' Roses fans.

Wow this grammar stuff is pretty cool!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 03:47:30 PM »

Yea, I agree with that.

If people didn't care for him they wouldn't have much of an opinion, but then again there are die hard Axl haters, like Dizzy, who will never like him, which is fair enough!

That's a hatrick for Doull
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 03:48:06 PM »

Dude I? totally? agree with your post and holy fuck your grammar is amazing.? Tongue

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 04:12:25 PM »

I can agree with you all the so called hater will be silenced

EEEERRRR Little boy
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 04:12:47 PM »

I agree and it's probably always been that way.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 04:17:27 PM »

Axl will always be cool because he is real and not manufactured in a studio, his image isn't made up.

Since fall of 1991, I really don't think Axl has been considered cool in too many circles.

Enigmatic? Yes.

Intriguing? Absolutely.

Cool? Not really...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 04:34:02 PM »

I dont think the "fuck u Axl" chants on VR shows are because they hate him but more because they are dissapointed and frustrated that Guns N Roses as they knew it doesnt exist anymore.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 08:05:52 PM »

Im a die-hard slash fan, yet i love axl too. so i agree with you, i just wish he nvr had surgery Cry
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 08:10:14 PM »

Since fall of 1991
What was the month and date of when he stopped being cool in  fall of 1991?

Axl will always be considered cool to some and a dickhead to others. Its a love hate thing. SOme stil lthink Axl is cool and has an amazing presence while others think hes a primadonna.

The best thing about it though is that Axl is just Axl, he never did and never will try to act or be cool. What you see is what you get. If you like it, hop on, if not, well....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 08:16:41 PM »

Im a die-hard slash fan, yet i love axl too. so i agree with you, i just wish he nvr had surgery Cry

when did he get surgery? i doubt that he did..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 10:04:39 AM »

Axl has never stopped being cool. Since when is it a crime to better your life? Like Axl use to say,( do what ever it takes to get threw the day. ) or something to that effect.

And yes I agree, what makes Axl cool is he is real, not some phony rock star!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Chunkie
Headliner

Here Today... DEAD Tomorow

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 10:14:27 AM »

C.D will be a mass hysteria.... No doubt about it. Every single FUCK will buy it, fans or not , it will sell faster than Contraband and still we love Contraband!! Hope The C.D will be as great...  ok

God damn Slash The Man
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2004, 10:25:14 AM »

Ive had the same view on him for a while. its none of our business when this album comes up or weither he owes it to us cause i remember he said before " i make music for myself not the people" it wasnt exactly like that but it was out of that content...and i think if he releases it, it will be the best thing hes created where hes had nearly complete control compared to when the band used to like to just jam a song for 5 minutes and record.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2004, 08:05:13 PM »

Since fall of 1991
What was the month and date of when he stopped being cool in? fall of 1991?

September 24.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 12:22:48 AM »

i think C.D. will be good of course im a huge fan and would prolly listen to it even if it sucked. but i garuantee that every music critic and person alike will be like wow this is good but not good enough to take a decade

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 02:00:05 AM »

Dude I  totally  agree with your post and holy fuck your grammar is amazing.  Tongue

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
ppbebe that was genius.

fuck i almost fell out of my chair on that one.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 06:11:02 AM »

I agree with everything starting with the thread name ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 09:59:56 AM »

I'm predicting a mass hysteria that we've never seen in music before, at least for us Guns 'n' Roses fans.

Thats a kind of loaded statement. Of course it's going to be huge with Guns N' Roses fans. The Mama Mia soundtrack was mass hysteria with ABBA fans.
I just wish everyone would take a deep breath and wait for C.D. before predictions are made that this will be the "Wild Stallions Album" that brings world peace. I don't think George Carlin ever showed up in Lafyette Indiana in a flying phone booth to make sure that Axl creates CD in the future. 
virtuoso
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 10:07:10 AM »

Yeah i totally agree with you D,  Smiley

And like the other dude said... the haters WILL be silenced...   Lips Sealed  he he
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 11:44:06 AM »

i dont know .
see how a lot of people dislike britney spears, and talk shit about her, how people dislike Hitler and talk shit about him,  .....
i mean, when u hate someone u have the right to talk about it ...

conan o brien making jokes on axl doesnt necessarily mean that he is secretly in love with him ...

i've been talking about axl rose to some friends that didnt know him, and although they kinda like his songs sometimes, they all think that he is an ASSHOLE.

we love him, cause we love guns n roses, and he is part of it.

but i still think that axl haters , simply hate axl rose, and thats find with me Smiley

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: