Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VR was to open for GNR at RiR (according to Sorum)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR was to open for GNR at RiR (according to Sorum)  (Read 16917 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2004, 10:18:18 PM »

You guys actually believe Axl had to  "OK" the bands on the bill at RIR?

Sorry, not buyin' it....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badapple81
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2004, 10:32:11 PM »

You guys actually believe Axl had to? "OK" the bands on the bill at RIR?

Sorry, not buyin' it....

Sure it's believable that Axl had to OK the bands opening before them..

This is the guy that got them 2 sell out nights in 1991 and over 200,000+ people in 2001, and lets face it, they weren't there for Oasis  Wink

I'd say judging by those efforts, they would have considerable respect for the power that Axl has on making the event huge.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2004, 11:04:44 PM »

I'd say judging by those efforts, they would have considerable respect for the power that Axl has on making the event huge.

The event is huge no matter who's there...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2004, 11:08:55 PM »

I dont think Axl makes the guest list or is asked but Im sure if he heard about a band he wasnt in favor of he would run it by the promoter, who would then more than likely, gladly accomodate guns.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2004, 12:01:42 AM »

Axl might have a say in one aspect; if he doesnt like a certain thing he can decide not to play,  but Im sure they try to acomadate axl, if only not to piss him of and have him walk of stage or not even get on the stage, on the day he plays. but not for the entire festival, and the rio festival is important to axl, from what he says, that im sure he overlooks most things to play there, all though im sure he would have a problem with velvet revolver openning for him (im sure axl would never agree to open for them),  but we will never know until the chance occurs, all though Im sure both bands wouldnt be open, as Im sure slash and duff wouldnt want to open for axl but who knows maybe sometime in the future they might have to share a stage at festival somewhere and that will be interesting to see how it goes, im sure none of the new guys would have problems with the old guys as they have run into eachother at diffrent moments (example tommy saying that he recently met  duff and that he is a sweet guy) but I dont know how it would go down with axl and slash and duff that would be interesting given that from what i hear axl and slash havent spoken a word to eachother in years and then the lawsuits; who knows

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2004, 12:58:06 AM »

Of anyone involved with GNR from 1985 to 1996, Matt is the one who should shut the hell up about Axl. Yeah yeah yeah, he's entitled to an opinion. Fuck that. Nobody in the world - other than some rock triva buffs - would know who Matt Sorum is it wasn't for Axl Rose. Axl pushed GNR into stardom, I mean into the big leagues... not just being a kickass band. Axl took them the the top level. And Matt got involved way after Axl and the original lineup made their mark. I'm sure it was hell at times to work with Axl, but Matt should keep that shit out of the press. Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy... okay, if that's what they gotta do. But not Matt.

Nice one ok ok
better words then a could put together!!!!hey Fattgnr hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2004, 05:35:45 AM »

Sorry, not buyin' it....

I'd say buy it cause Axl and Roberto Medina (promoter of the festival) have a very good relationship... And Medina wouldn't ruin that relationship for the world... Axl sells...

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2004, 07:06:18 AM »

Sorry, not buyin' it....

I'd say buy it cause Axl and Roberto Medina (promoter of the festival) have a very good relationship... And Medina wouldn't ruin that relationship for the world... Axl sells...

if he decides to go on stage. But I agree with you, I don't think VR would ever play with GN'R on a same day, Axl wouldn't let it happen. Maybe they won't ever play on the same festival/same year.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2004, 11:37:08 AM »

I don't buy it..

Not because I don't think Axl would have canned the idea, though.? I certainly think he would have, had it been presented (and I do think it would have been presented, had it even been considered).

Because honestly I don't think the promoter would have even started the process or extended the invitation.? He's not stupid.? He knows the history involved here.? He's not going to even suggest anything that he thinks might piss off Axl.? He's far too smart for that...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2004, 11:52:35 AM »

Why not? Snakepit were invited to open for gnr at rir 3
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2004, 01:29:28 AM »

Matt Sorum really is starting to piss me off. I think he is a great drummer but why does he seem to be bad mouthing axl constantly. If it was not for Axl then Matt would have been a session musician on uyi tour. I believe Axl believes in the band ethos and therefore Axl incorporated him into the fold. IMO Steven Adler was is and always will be the best drummer that played for GNR and when I think of GNR it is with Steven and  not " Former employee" Matt behind the sticks.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2004, 07:04:44 AM »

I just read on some Velvet Revolver message board that someone asked the VR management team if this in fact was true - was VR asked to open for GnR at Rock and Rio.  VR's management's response?  It was no.  So it seems as though someone was having a bit too much fun during their interview Tongue Smiley
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2004, 05:08:39 PM »

.... Just out of curiosity...? since it's against the rules to insult other board members... if Matt Sorum had an account on HTGTH, then we could ban clintron vs. the Abominable Dr. Phibes right?....? or if Slash or Duff did, we could ban dave-gnfr2k?

And if Axl had an account half of the members of this board would dissapear

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 12:58:22 AM »

I think everyone is allowed to say whatever they want and this includes matt Sorum. Whetehr it's true or not he has said Axl has constantly tried to fuck him out of any money the band made while he was there so maybe he has good reason to dislike Axl. Besides I doubt Axl gives a shit about anything he said. Axl is more than capable of speaking out and tearing Matt apart.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004, 01:58:37 AM »

Man, you Axl people are truly, truly insane.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2004, 06:45:35 AM »

Goto love matt....Hes one big stirer....how quick some people bite.. rofl
I allways think of matt and gilby in guns befor izzy and steven...Just my opinion.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: