Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VR was to open for GNR at RiR (according to Sorum)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR was to open for GNR at RiR (according to Sorum)  (Read 16943 times)
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« on: August 12, 2004, 12:57:05 AM »

Okay okay, so I thought this was interesting.  I picked up this little tidbit from the GnR bar.  KNAC.com had done an exclusive interview with my favourite drummer (sorry Brian & Steven!) Matt Sorum.  You can read the interview here ::

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3152

In any case, Matt had this to say with regards to Rock in Rio 4... you know, the gig where GnR pulled out?  I dunno if it is for real, or if he said it as a joke.  I suppose you are all going to have to read and decide for yourselves.  And I quote...

KNAC.COM: If the timing worked out, would you be amenable to going out on tour with the new Guns ?N Roses?
SORUM: No. You mean with Axl? [Laughter] Nuh huh. Nononononono. No. This is a great band--

KNAC.COM: --When I say that, I mean Velvet Revolver touring with the new project.
SORUM: Ohhh. Who would open? [Laughter]

KNAC.COM: Well Guns ?N Roses, of course!
SORUM: Oh, I doubt that! But, you know, um... I don't know. Actually we were offered a gig in Lisbon, Portugal opening for Guns ?N Roses [Laughter]. The NOW Guns ?N Roses, whatever that consists of, but we actually said okay. We'd love to be there. It'd be very exciting. I think it would be quite a spectacle. Sure. Why not?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 01:27:18 AM »

If Axl got word of that it could be a reason he canceled early so as not to cause controversy. He wouldnt like the attention, plus hes known for the occasional long Slash rant.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 02:00:38 AM »

SORUM: No. You mean with Axl? [Laughter] Nuh huh. Nononononono. No. This is a great band--

If he is saying this, what the fuck makes him think he's more then the new guys in GNR!!!???

fuck you matt sorum.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:14:25 AM »

If he is saying this, what the fuck makes him think he's more then the new guys in GNR!!!???

fuck you matt sorum.

WTF?? He's saying he's worked with Axl before... and he doesn't want to put himself through that again (for whatever reasons).

He didn't comment on the new guys in GN'R.  Calm your puss down.

.... Just out of curiosity...  since it's against the rules to insult other board members... if Matt Sorum had an account on HTGTH, then we could ban clintron vs. the Abominable Dr. Phibes right?....  or if Slash or Duff did, we could ban dave-gnfr2k?
O'Reily
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 02:24:44 AM »

If Matt thinks he is more than the new members of GNR (and I am not saying he does) it's probably cause he has a bit of history with the most the original members

I think seeing Velvet Revolver and the new GNR tour, or just play one show, together would be awesome. But I do not honestly think it would ever happen
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 02:51:44 AM »

WTF?? He's saying he's worked with Axl before... and he doesn't want to put himself through that again (for whatever reasons).

... Just out of curiosity...? since it's against the rules to insult other board members... if Matt Sorum had an account on HTGTH, then we could ban clintron vs. the Abominable Dr. Phibes right?....? or if Slash or Duff did, we could ban dave-gnfr2k?

First of all, what the fuck are you on about, cant you see Matt doesnt think GNR is GNR now,today,thats what i was getting at and write that, are your screws lose or what Undecided

Your last remark is the most dumbest thing ever,

i have a confession, im not kidding either....IM STEVEN ADLER, really and i would like for Jarmo to delete all post that bag me out....NOW!!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 02:55:02 AM »

i just checked the interview again to make sure,
you do have your wires crossed dude, explain what the fuck you mean!!!!
n' then i'll calm down

and what i mean is that Matt isnt origenal and he doesnt have the right to say GnR isnt GNR, he's calling it Axl.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 02:58:44 AM by SOUNDTRAX TO THE APOCOLYPSE!!- Clintron Demonic n' All That Wrathes Within » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Kampsch
Opening Act

Live your own life.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 03:06:26 AM »

Just relaxed guys Wink
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 03:13:15 AM »

He was making a joke thats why he is laughing..
Calm down all

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 03:35:29 AM »

SORUM: Oh, I doubt that! But, you know, um... I don't know. Actually we were offered a gig in Lisbon, Portugal opening for Guns ?N Roses [Laughter]. The NOW Guns ?N Roses, whatever that consists of, but we actually said okay. We'd love to be there. It'd be very exciting. I think it would be quite a spectacle. Sure. Why not?

If Axl got word of that it could be a reason he canceled early so as not to cause controversy. He wouldnt like the attention, plus hes known for the occasional long Slash rant.

Why are you so sure that it was RIR4? I can't see anyone to mention it, but Eeebs. It could be RIR5 'cause as it'll take place in Lisbon again.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 09:42:57 AM »

Matt Sorum sure has a lot to say for a man that was rescued from total obscurity less than one year ago....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 10:43:11 AM »

Matt Sorum sure has a lot to say for a man that was rescued from total obscurity less than one year ago....

True words....

By the way... CALM THE FUCK DOWN EVERYONE  rant ... thank you... Smiley

Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 10:45:24 AM »

... Just out of curiosity...? since it's against the rules to insult other board members... if Matt Sorum had an account on HTGTH, then we could ban clintron vs. the Abominable Dr. Phibes right?....? or if Slash or Duff did, we could ban dave-gnfr2k?

First of all, what the fuck are you on about, cant you see Matt doesnt think GNR is GNR now,today,thats what i was getting at and write that, are your screws lose or what Undecided

Your last remark is the most dumbest thing ever,

i have a confession, im not kidding either....IM STEVEN ADLER, really and i would like for Jarmo to delete all post that bag me out....NOW!!!

Another loser reply from the one and only - what a surprise? confused
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 01:03:11 PM by Mattgnr » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 11:10:58 AM »

Another loser reply from the one and only - what a suprise? confused

Are you really trying to piss me off?

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 11:30:16 AM »

what obscurity is that...less than a year ago? do tell

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Mattgnr
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 11:38:42 AM »

Another loser reply from the one and only - what a suprise? confused

Are you really trying to piss me off?

Not unless you get pissed off easily?

And I'm not even really trying -
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 12:58:29 PM »

Of anyone involved with GNR from 1985 to 1996, Matt is the one who should shut the hell up about Axl. Yeah yeah yeah, he's entitled to an opinion. Fuck that. Nobody in the world - other than some rock triva buffs - would know who Matt Sorum is it wasn't for Axl Rose. Axl pushed GNR into stardom, I mean into the big leagues... not just being a kickass band. Axl took them the the top level. And Matt got involved way after Axl and the original lineup made their mark. I'm sure it was hell at times to work with Axl, but Matt should keep that shit out of the press. Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy... okay, if that's what they gotta do. But not Matt.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 01:01:36 PM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
Mattgnr
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 01:01:13 PM »

Of anyone involved with GNR from 1985 to 1996, Matt is the one who should shut the hell up about Axl. Yeah yeah yeah, he's entitled to an opinion. Fuck that. Nobody in the world would - other than some rock triva buffs - know who Matt Sorum is it wasn't for Axl Rose. And Matt got involved way after the original lineup made their mark. I'm sure it was hell at times to work with Axl, but Matt should keep that shit out of the press. Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy... okay, if that's what they gotta do. But not Matt.

You have your opinion(s) about Axl and co, why the hell should Matt 'shut the hell up' when he know's Axl far better than you.? He is entitled to say what ever he wants.

Doesn't mean he has to influence your opinions, now does it!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 01:02:51 PM »

I'm not talking to the press, slandering Axl. What's said in here means nothign to the outside world.

I've seen enough.
Mattgnr
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 01:04:13 PM »

I'm not talking to the press, slandering Axl. What's said in here means nothign to the outside world.

People that read these boards (and probably the press) live in the outside world
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: