Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 09:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did you accept the new Guns when you knew all about them
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you accept the new Guns when you knew all about them  (Read 6874 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« on: August 08, 2004, 06:49:15 PM »

When all the new guns n' roses sort had a full line up did you accept them at 1st or did you think how could Axl carry on with the name guns n' roses because when it take me a while to accept the guns until I heard the Maddy and The Blues and Chinese Democracy I was like  drool this band can play a good rock and I looked into there other projects and I thought it was great and I love the band now.

I remember hearing Oh My God for the 1st time it dont feel it 1st but it grew me and now I feel that song and I love the song because I understand a bit more and it fucking rocks.

So did you accept the new gunners at or do you still not like them?

EEEERRRR Little boy
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 06:52:51 PM »

First look of the new band was at the VMA's and when i heard Jimmy Fallon shriek "GNR!" i expected to see Slash playing WTTJ.

My shock when i saw a bald goth playing was unfathomable.

Now i have seen them play on boots etc. i have accepted them and like each member for their own personal traits much like the originals
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 06:56:31 PM »

I was bit offish about them until I watched the Leeds 02 show.

Then it was more a question of "Hurry up and release something, you guys rock!"

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 07:10:29 PM »

First look of the new band was at the VMA's and when i heard Jimmy Fallon shriek "GNR!" i expected to see Slash playing WTTJ.

Were you living in a cave or something, if you didn't know about Slash's departure by the fall of 2002?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 07:16:11 PM »

Were you living in a cave or something, if you didn't know about Slash's departure by the fall of 2002?

I was'nt into GNR until Summer 2002 awhen i bought Live Era so i had no idea of the line-up changes etc. till the new band played
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 08:25:41 PM »

My initial exposure was RIR3, which despite some expected rough patches was overwhelming simply as a fan and promising.  Being a prior fan of Bucket, Primus and NIN had my expectation at a fever pitch (I still like the percussion in Madagascar from Rio and was disappointed to see it altered).  When I let friends watch the show, they completely dismissed the band, laughing and scoffing.  By the time Leeds come around, a few more friends were convinced.   
Once MSG was obtained, even a friend of mine who considers himself a die hard purist from the Appetite era who previously
refused to even listen was heavily impressed....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 08:39:28 PM »

I was a bit unconfortable with all mess in 1998. I learned to play guitar because of Slash... But, when I heard SCOM from Big Daddy and Oh My God in '99, I was like "wow, this guys can rock!". I really love the band now, even liked Paul Tobias, heheh.  smoking

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 08:44:34 PM »

What?? Tons of people didn't know about Slash leaving... it wasn't like there was some big public breakup.  I'm sure a lot of people went to the tour in 2002 that still thought Slash was in the band.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

I'm only 18, but I was raised around Headbanger's Ball and MTV. For most of my life, I was a "casual" GNR fan, but the day I heard 'Oh My God', which was the day the End of Day's soundtrack came out, I was f'ing hooked. I never really had any apprehensions about anything, as long as Axl was still there. "Accepting" the band was never a problem I had...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 09:22:46 PM »

I like the band alot. Madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy are great tunes even on the shitty quality I have them on. However I don't "accept" them as GnR. To me personally it's Axl's solo project. I hold no grudges against new members for being new or for not being Slash as some do because I think that is dumb but the band really has no connection to what GnR was. I mean if you don't count dizzy (which I don't) it's just Axl left and even He sounds almost like a completely different singer, singing a different style of music, with a bunch of different people.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 09:22:50 PM »

way back i heard Axl was still looking for new guys to be in GNR and then i was abit dirty towards him for doing so. Time went by and i learnt about the new guys, heard Oh My God when i was cleaning popcorn at the cinemas (i used to be an usha Grin) i was excited as " a new song, we might get an album for the mellenium, sweet!!!!!!!"   

but no......... and we're still hear Undecided Sad
im still excited and cant wait but no way near as much as over 6 years ago(and i still cant fuckin' beleive that one) or even yesterday, im bored as hell and this site is boring, only to me cause its been the same shit everyday for years man,
im lying but ya know what i mean......................................November yes no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 09:36:37 PM »

I was so desperate for something from the band that I was ready to accept anything, sad as it is to say. And while he drives me nuts, at heart I am into GNR because of Axl.

Once it became clear that the old lineup was finished, I definitely felt that Axl was capable of assembling a good group of players, basically because he was open to so many kinds of music.

When I started seeing names like Tommy Stinson, Josh Freese, Robin Fincke, Brain, Buckethead being bandied about, I figured Axl was up to something pretty interesting.

At this point it's not all the new guys that I find frustrating, it's that one original member.... he of the perpetual postponement.?

I've seen enough.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 09:39:07 PM »

I'm only 18, but I was raised around Headbanger's Ball and MTV. For most of my life, I was a "casual" GNR fan, but the day I heard 'Oh My God', which was the day the End of Day's soundtrack came out, I was f'ing hooked. I never really had any apprehensions about anything, as long as Axl was still there.

This certainly puts all of your posts into perspective...

"Accepting" the band was never a problem I had...

...Unless its the real GNR.

As for me, I accept this band for exactly what it is.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 09:42:19 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2004, 09:41:38 PM »

How about Booker answers the question asked in the subject instead of replying to others posts?  ok

No problem accepting what happened. It started in 1990.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2004, 09:45:55 PM »

jarmo, i suggest you take a look at bookers post again because he did answer the question. its the last part of his post.

anywho, it took time, but i accepted it.

poop
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004, 09:51:46 PM »

jarmo, i suggest you take a look at bookers post again because he did answer the question. its the last part of his post.

Because he added it after my post.  hihi

Interesting that so many became fans after Slash and Duff were gone....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2004, 09:53:48 PM »

Because he added it after my post.  hihi

Interesting that so many became fans after Slash and Duff were gone....

/jarmo

whoops. sorry to ever challenge your judgement  ok

poop
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 09:59:04 PM »

I welcolmed the new lineup - especially Buckethead who I was a fan of for years.  Change was good at that time - waiting for a reunion is like spinning your wheels.  I thought it was the logical thing to do - yet it did take a bit of getting used to.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2004, 10:01:08 PM »

Because he added it after my post.? hihi

Check the post times...Theres about one minute between your post and my edit.? Because of your immediate response time, I didnt see your response until after I made the edit.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 10:03:00 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

I accepted the new guns n' roses right away, why because Axl's the only reason I like guns to begin with, his vocals are above neones.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: