Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:22:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Axl cares as much as we do?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Axl cares as much as we do?  (Read 5199 times)
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: August 08, 2004, 02:01:16 PM »

We all seem to believe that Axl is working 24/7 on Guns n Roses and its music, but is that really the case?  Maybe Axl doesn't have as much to prove as we thought he did.  Maybe he just doesn't give a fuck anymore.  He's got enough money to live on for the rest of his life (yes, even if he had to pay back debt for recording, even though I'm not suggesting things would ever go down like that).  He seems to like to travel.  We know he likes expensive cars because he bought a Lamborghini recently.

Seriously though, he might not really care as much as we think he did:  He was a kid from Indiana, he went to LA, became famous, was the biggest rockstar in the world, got respect and credibility, got a lot of money.  We all assume he wants it all over again, but maybe not.  Maybe he's just doing it because "what else is there to do?".  Maybe he started off with the intention of showing everybody that he was the heart and soul of the old GNR all that, but is that motivation enough to last all these years?

I think after the failure of the tour, the general lukewarm responce to new material, and the constant pressure, he may have decided "fuck it.  I'll take my time.  They'll never be satisified anyway."

Because I was just thinking about all this, and even though the new band and CD was a HUGE undertaking, one would think that if Axl was truly inspired, he'd have done more by now.

Listen: Axl has had 9 lives pretty much.  he's been able to fuck up and fail and get away with it.  But seriously, if there is another major fuck up (like a tour cancellation), it's over for the new band.  Not based on their potential and ability to weather through it, but because the band members themselves may say "fuck it", and the industry will lose interest in taking a chance on GNR.

The album is not coming in November.  It's probably not coming in January.  Will it come in the spring?  Maybe.

Axl probably doesn't care at this point.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 02:16:13 PM »

No I don't think Axl cares.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
estranged.1098
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 02:19:17 PM »

Axl and the band are the only ones who REALLY care.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 02:22:37 PM »

I've been Axl's biggest supporter, and I still am.  I have complete faith in everything.  I'm just letting people know.

Axl isn't starving anymore.  He doesn't have the hunger.  The nothing to lose mentality.  All he does have however, is annoying opposition which he could certainly live without.

In the end, it would be easier mentally and physically to not release any more music or do anything ever again.  Yes, it would be bothersome to not do anything, but compared to actually doing something, it wouldn't be as bad.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

I would love to believe that Axl cares ,but his actions seem to suggest that he doesn?t . Hell I could be proven wrong and hope that I am.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 02:32:13 PM »

I've been Axl's biggest supporter, and I still am.? I have complete faith in everything.? I'm just letting people know.

Axl isn't starving anymore.? He doesn't have the hunger.? The nothing to lose mentality.? All he does have however, is annoying opposition which he could certainly live without.

In the end, it would be easier mentally and physically to not release any more music or do anything ever again.? Yes, it would be bothersome to not do anything, but compared to actually doing something, it wouldn't be as bad.

I agree. I think he doesn't really care about the record. He's working on CD, and then he doesn't. But he will only release it if he's absolutely satisfied with the album. IMO

'It's easy to get hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose'

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

Call me all kinds of names but I still have faith in Axl.

I always had, always will. He cares. Maybe he cares too much. Maybe this is the reason for all the delays...

He's got some legal issues to take care off and then the album will be released...

I believe that this Axl vs. Slash & Duff is the last problem before CD.

It's on Wednesday... An important day for me. For many reasons...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 03:46:54 PM »

I always had, always will. He cares. Maybe he cares too much. Maybe this is the reason for all the delays...

I believe this is exactly the reason for the delays. If he truly didnt care, he'd say 'it's not coming out,' and wash his hand of everything. The problem, I believe, is that he feels, ecpecially with everyone from the original group leaving, that he must produce the greatest record ever produced in order to satisfy his fans, his label, critics, and above all himself...he has to believe and be proven he was right to move Guns in the direction he moved it...anything short of that may be a failure in his mind.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 04:03:35 PM »

I think that Axl cares very much. From what I have heard, he really cares about putting out an album that will rock, be adventurous, and will be a band effort. Axl has had a lot of bad luck--people leaving the band, lawsuits, aborted tours...and so on. But I will follow Axl and have faith in the release of a new album as long as I live.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 04:09:30 PM »

If Axl didn't care we would have a new album and a bad one too, Axl is trying to make this best record that you have ever heard I'm sure he hates disappointing his fans.

EEEERRRR Little boy
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 06:42:54 PM »

Nah, Axl's just doing it for a laugh.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 09:03:59 PM »

I heard the album's just going to be Axl eating donuts for 47.34 minutes.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 09:31:31 PM »

In response to some of the thigns said in the very first post-Axl will always be given more chances. For the rest of his life. Wanna know why? The same reason were on a message board for a band that hasn't really done anything in more than a decade. Not to mention Axl has always fascinated people. He'll always be given the shot to put something out, if he puts out something that sucks maybe then he could lose his chance but until he releases something he can fuck up as much as he pleases.

As far as the main topic on whether or not he cares I think he does. I think he cares about the music, maybe even the fans but the music much MUCH more. I think the long silence has alot more to do with Axl's idiosyncrasies than his work ethic. Alot of people have come and gone from GnR now and u could try to make the argument that Axl was trying people out and that's why it didn't work out with some of the more recent guys but I personally think it stems alot more from Axl being difficult to deal with and being extremely paranoid.

But hey-most geniuses are crazy. the next time your bitchin about the long silence and how Axl broke up the band put on estranged and it all balances out.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 12:34:46 AM »

I heard the album's just going to be Axl eating donuts for 47.34 minutes.

What an utter masterpiece it shall be indeed rofl rofl

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 03:29:38 AM »

I think axl cares about this more than most people cause its his blood, his name, his credibility, on the line, yeah he aint the 20 year old hungry kid looking to making a living and move up in the world, but im sure he wants to prove people wrong, and tell alot of people to fuck of by actually finishing something and he wants to make it good, I think axl is in a quest for immortality and perfection, and I think thats why it probably matters to him more than to anybody, not to mention why its taken forever to finish.  If he didnt care he could have decided to pack it in after the illusions tours and that would have been the end he could not have fought with slash for control and the direction to take the band in, he could have retired to never be heard of again but he isnt he is doing an album he has looked for musicians, talented ones, who would not commit to a project unless they believed in it. and Axl is pursuing a very large ambitious  project. One he cares about more than we probably could imagen.

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 03:54:30 AM »

If Axl cares, he must be really insane or talentless, 'cause no album needs 10 years (or let's take 7 years, since he rid of every old member) to complete. I think he's very talented, so there are 2 possibilities left.

For those who think that 7 years is not enough:

Led Zeppelin released 6 full albums and a live one between 1969 and 1975. To take their least creative times, they released 4 albums and a live one between 1973 and 1980.

Beatles had a formation similiar to the classics line-up in 1960. They released their first album in 1963 and in 1970 the band was over. They released more than 10 real full albums and a double album during the period.

Jimi Hendrix released 4 albums in 2 years.

Queen, Aerosmith and Black Sabbath also released a couple of albums in every 7 years.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 04:17:19 AM »

This isnt meant personally to some of you guys who have posted on this thread. But come on whats with all this negative talk when finally something actually looks like its gonna happen? I mean yeh sure I dont know Axl but I would put a lot of money on it that he cares way more than anyone could possibly imagine! You have only got to listen to his lyrics or past interviews to see how much this all means to him! He has had to completely rebuild the biggest band in the world, because the old members didnt wanna be in a big band anymore, thats how I read that one! Now does this seem like someone who doesent care? He has gone to all those lengths to keep this thing going. I dont know of any band that got as big as Guns n Roses who have had to replace the whole fucking band bar Axl and Dizzy! Yeh sure its frustrating waiting for the album, I remember how annoying the wait was  between appetite and UYI, but I also know that it was one of the best days I remember when I queued outside Tower Records in London and finally got my hands on those albums! Well fuck it I'm just about ready for that feeling again so I for one wont be thinking that Axl doesent care anymore, he seems way to passionate tyo even bother with something if he doesent care!

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 05:46:42 AM »

Ya! Axl has a lot to prove. He just wants to do it right. When they did the ill. cd's He wanted to do a lot more work on them. But wasn't aloud the time. I suppose he figures this is his one chance to prefect a cd.
GO FOR IT AXL!!!! I'll wait!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 09:39:33 AM »

I don't know if he cares or not Huh
For the sake of his band mates, I hope he does...it's not nice to be arrogant about other people's time and efforts, even if you are paying for it
Ted Nugent
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 11:52:05 AM »

How can you comment on the motivation or intent of a person you've never met?

If Axl didn't really care then the album would be done within a week.  We have no idea of what is going on within Axl's mind, the band or the record company.  Without this insight all of these theories are utterly worthless.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: