Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Axl cares as much as we do?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Axl cares as much as we do?  (Read 5213 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 06:38:50 PM »

How can you comment on the motivation or intent of a person you've never met?

If Axl didn't really care then the album would be done within a week.? We have no idea of what is going on within Axl's mind, the band or the record company.? Without this insight all of these theories are utterly worthless.

What you say is that we could only talk about the GN'R albums and songs and nothing more, 'cause we weren't there to decide who's right, what happened etc. Maybe you realized that people build up theories in every field they are interested in. So do you, unless you didn't say that 'If Axl didn't really care then the album would be done within a week'. Maybe you are right, maybe you are not. Maybe 'If Axl did really care then the album would be done within 7 years'. Maybe not.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Ted Nugent
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 09:21:28 PM »

If Axl didn't really care then the album would be done within a week.? We have no idea of what is going on within Axl's mind, the band or the record company.? Without this insight all of these theories are utterly worthless.

What you say is that we could only talk about the GN'R albums and songs and nothing more, 'cause we weren't there to decide who's right, what happened etc. Maybe you realized that people build up theories in every field they are interested in. So do you, unless you didn't say that 'If Axl didn't really care then the album would be done within a week'. Maybe you are right, maybe you are not. Maybe 'If Axl did really care then the album would be done within 7 years'. Maybe not.

That isn't what i'm saying because if that's what I was saying I would have said it.  The problem is that people make authoritive statements based neither on logic or evidence.  The logic of the current situation would dictate that by continuing to work on Chinese Democracy, Axl is showing that he in fact does care about making an album.

Has anyone said that Axl has quit working on the album?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2004, 03:56:55 AM »

That isn't what i'm saying because if that's what I was saying I would have said it.? The problem is that people make authoritive statements based neither on logic or evidence.? The logic of the current situation would dictate that by continuing to work on Chinese Democracy, Axl is showing that he in fact does care about making an album.

Has anyone said that Axl has quit working on the album?

Nobody knows if Axl and Co. are still working on the album or how much time and energy they put into this. IMO they didn't work hard 'cause if they had worked hard, we would have had in the album in our hands for years. Or they worked hard, but they doesn't have creativity so they can't finish the album. I prefer the first theory. Do you really believe that a band can't make a 'perfect album' in a year? Beatles's White album was written and recorded in half a year.

I agree that 'people make authoritive statements based neither on logic or evidence', but first, I don't know any evidence in the GN'R word, second we don't know when they are lying to us and when they are telling the truth in the inteviews, on the other hand there aren't so much information in band members' interviews, or it's totally bullshit like 'the album will be released soon', 'next time I'll be there I'll have CD in my hands', 'this year', 'next spring', etc. And we have fan 'conversations' with the bandmembes, but we have no idea that the guys ever met Axl & Co., or met and made a photo, but they didn't speak to the members. So we don't really have facts, we have opinions and factoids and stories more or less likely. And then we build up our theories based on that, and although some people really use logic here in his comments, but their premises are quite different, so they have the completely opposite opinion about the band. Please tell me 3 'facts' on CD that are still relevant or real. You can't.  peace

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Guns_N_Roses-#1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2004, 10:59:32 AM »

Yes I think Axl cares , cause were his fans...so he should care.  hihi
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2004, 05:00:28 PM »

Of course he does. He cares a lot more than we could ever imagine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: