Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stinson makes most of Guns N' Roses breaks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stinson makes most of Guns N' Roses breaks  (Read 7741 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 08, 2004, 08:37:36 AM »

Tommy Stinson, rock-and-roll survivor, is talking guardedly about his primary employer, the once-legendary hard-rock band Guns N' Roses.

For much of the last six years, singer and headline magnet Axl Rose, Stinson, and a large crew of musicians on retainer have hunkered down in the studio, building the ultimate rock beast under a cloak of extreme secrecy. The sessions are long and uncommonly collaborative, Stinson says, and after many false starts may finally yield an album this year.

"Axl's idea is to take eight guys and make them write a song together," Stinson says. "He'll like an idea of mine, say, and then want to see what the others put on it... . He wants it so that everyone owns the song."

------

He says he doesn't care that conditions will be more spartan than on the last Guns tour, which ended abruptly when Rose failed to show at a December 2002 gig at what was then the First Union Center, causing a near riot.

Because of ongoing litigation, Stinson can't say much about that evening. "All I can say is that Axl had the flu, and that show could easily have been postponed." But he adds that he and the others have no illusions about what they face in bringing Guns N' Roses back to respectability.

"You can't think about the enormousness of Guns being accepted again in a global way... . If I've learned anything from rock-and-roll, it's that you can't worry about what people are going to think."

Full article

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 10:38:09 AM »

He says he doesn't care that conditions will be more spartan than on the last Guns tour

Club / theatre gigs, anyone? Hell, I'm starting to think they might actually tour sometime in Dec/Jan.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 10:48:57 AM »

Axl had the flu?

Hm, first we've heard that from a member of GnR
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:51:21 AM »

Tommy is the only one who is talkin to us about GNR!  beer For that!
Dizzy also make some comments but it seems like he wont say that much

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 11:32:10 AM »

Stinson says: The sessions are long and uncommonly collaborative, and after many false starts may finally yield an album this year.

Cheesy Your Excellencies! Now, a hairs breadth is sooner than several months.

Stinson says: Axl had the flu,

Cheesy SARS?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 12:25:25 PM »

the flu .................
the FLU ....... Huh .........
F       L       U ..................... i am speechless, i have no speech.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 01:08:23 PM »

Yeah well, I hope some of the people who have bashed Axl over Philly, and claimed that these musicians are just there to play what he tells them because of the money start listening to Tommy.

Then again, they'll probably tell you Tommy knows nothing and is making it all up  Roll Eyes

That's stupidity for ya  ok

@#$%Funker
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 01:15:48 PM »

"He listened to Bob Dylan every morning, he says, to "keep my mind open to different ways of setting a scene." He tried his hand at string orchestration and reggae, and sought styles far from the riff-rock that has been his calling card. Pretty soon he had a batch of songs and fragments he was excited about."

Well, I guess that explains the whole Dylan sound on VGH.

Club / theatre gigs, anyone? Hell, I'm starting to think they might actually tour sometime in Dec/Jan.

The spartan conditions being reffered to here are the ones Stinson will face on his solo tour, not on any Guns tour, though the complete article does say that Stinson will 'resume his GNR duties' in November.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 01:18:59 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 02:33:26 PM »

"All I can say is that Axl had the flu, and that show could easily have been postponed."

Thanx for the link Jarmo...Was Axl sick already at the MSG show? That's kinda weird that two years later they still can't talk about that because of legal issues. I wonder how long it's gonna last.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 02:38:10 PM »

Yeah well, I hope some of the people who have bashed Axl over Philly, and claimed that these musicians are just there to play what he tells them because of the money start listening to Tommy.

Then again, they'll probably tell you Tommy knows nothing and is making it all up? Roll Eyes

That's stupidity for ya? ok

@#$%Funker

Have you read this one?

"He [Axl] is your best friend until you break the chain and then he doesn't want to know you. There are no half measures; you are either with him or against him."

It's up to you to expound... For me it means that if you do what Axl wants you to do, then he'll be your best friend. In other cases you are dead in his mind.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 03:14:18 PM »

im like that, i am the nicest most loyal best friend in the world to u, but if u cross me or betray me u become pretty much dead to me

its not meaning as long as u do what axl wants and says he's your friend, its that once u betray him, once u are disloyal thats it

im also that way and can totally relate ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 03:26:40 PM »

im like that, i am the nicest most loyal best friend in the world to u, but if u cross me or betray me u become pretty much dead to me

its not meaning as long as u do what axl wants and says he's your friend, its that once u betray him, once u are disloyal thats it

im also that way and can totally relate ok
Yeah, I'm like that too. It's about loyalty, not about you do whatever the fuck I want.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 09:55:32 PM »

For those of you who were in Philadelphia in December 2002. Did they announce somebody was sick and the show was cancelled?

I don't think you're gonna get a more official word on it than what Tommy said. At least not until that thing is settled.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2004, 10:00:15 PM »

For those of you who were in Philadelphia in December 2002. Did they announce somebody was sick and the show was cancelled?

I'm pretty sure all the reports that came out after the Philly show said that the announcement stated a band member had become ill when they cancelled.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

in school, when i used to miss a class because i was tired or lazy or sleeping through it or just had something better to do, my first excuse was always "sorry, i was sick."

but maybe that's just me...

now you know me better
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 12:42:24 AM »

I don't think you're gonna get a more official word on it than what Tommy said. At least not until that thing is settled.

/jarmo

Yeah, when they announced it they said, "tonight's guns n' roses show has been cancelled due to a health issue..."
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 01:39:53 AM »

We will never find out the true story behind the premature end of the 2002 tour.... Personally, i think Tommy is just ebing a good soldier and sticking up for his boss with the flu things, I have a hard time believing that a man who the night gave one of the best performances of his life was ill ( though who knows, plenty of sports greats have done amazing things playing through pain and illness). I feel for the Philly fans who deserve an explanation, but I doubt they will ever get a full one from either Axl or CC, even if the court issue is resolved. The important thing is that the issue does not prevent GNR from touring again.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 06:24:28 AM »

thanks jarmo that was a good read I had no idea axl was sick with the flu, although we will never know for sure, i believe tommy, its also cool to get an insight into his world and how axl works with GNR and recording n stuff,

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
madagas
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 09:42:34 AM »

Whether he was sick with the flu or was having a manic depressive episode (much worse than the flu!) is immaterial. The real question is whether or not Clear Channel had enough notice to cancel the show. It sounds like they should have postponed it.....but who really knows..or cares at this point. Get over it. It was 2 years ago. Undecided
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 01:36:02 PM »

Well the reporters certainly need to get over it, or was that just Tommy offering his two cents...if anyone needs to get over it...it's the band and the reporters... Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: