Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl rose eating eminems soul
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl rose eating eminems soul  (Read 22412 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 09:31:26 AM »

Now, if you want to talk about other artists. Do it in Bad Obsession

I only responded to what Jarmo wrote in this thread (which happens to be half about Eminem, so not discussing Eminem is a little tricky isnt it?).  But if discussing Eminem is prohibited, you might as well just lock this thread.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 09:32:23 AM »

Surely Axl must have eaten vanilla ices.

I don?t know about eminems soul but I bet he prefers Rocky road.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2004, 12:01:57 PM »

Now, if you want to talk about other artists. Do it in Bad Obsession

I only responded to what Jarmo wrote in this thread (which happens to be half about Eminem, so not discussing Eminem is a little tricky isnt it?).? But if discussing Eminem is prohibited, you might as well just lock this thread.

Exactly Booker.

The only thing Im wondering is, how long it will take the Grammy's to get the bright idea of pairing Axl Rose and Eminem for a duet. They love that shit.

Oh, and to the dude that said eminem sucks moose cock (or whatever colorful analogy that was), remember that Eminem has won an Oscar for his music. How many outside the John Williams and Disney camp, can say the same about their music.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 03:31:25 PM »

Oh, and to the dude that said eminem sucks moose cock (or whatever colorful analogy that was), remember that Eminem has won an Oscar for his music. How many outside the John Williams and Disney camp, can say the same about their music.

I like Eminem's music too - but c'mon Oscars are and always have been a joke - an award decided by a bunch of old men and dependent on current fads

Its nothing to cheer about really and it certainly doesn't make Eminem 'good' because of it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 10:41:59 PM »

but Axl has talent and eminem doesnt.? they both have the same rage but who cares... eminem is just a rapper.

Axl vents his anger with a huge amount of talent.? He also has other sides to him in his music besides anger.

That's ridiculous.? Just a "rapper"... so why don't you snap your fingers and start rapping?? If you don't need talent, then we should all be able to do it?? Also, how is all of Eminem's music "angry"?? He writes emotional songs, as well as joke songs.? In fact, the majority of his last CD wasn't angry at all.? You may prefer Axl to Eminem, but that doesn't mean he isn't talented.? Apparently Axl has taken over producing duties for Chinese Democracy.... Eminem picked up on producing a lot faster than old Axl.? That's a talent in itself.

I agree eminem has talent but I personally believe alot of his lyrics sound easier to write than alot of Axl's. And I believe you would be out of your mind to ever think Em has as much or more talent than Axl seeing as how it's alot easier to rap than to sing, writing a rap song requires basically writing one vocal line (two tops) that's usually not too innovative in the genre, and With the machines they have for 'beats' and sampling now a days EM doesn't have to write much music now does he?

As far as his "Talent" as a producer for many of the reasons posted above I feel rap music is much easier to produce than rock music. Does EM have to worry about working on the guitar tracks as a producer? Does Em have to work on any of the instruments? (seriously I am asking I don't know lol)

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Oral Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 12:56:07 PM »

All i gotta say is that there is no way Eminem is like an Elvis figure! Eminem and Axl do have similarities but that dont meant they are on the same level. Axl has an amazing talent and has acheived so much in the short time Guns was around. They hit it big and they hit it fast 'cause of their raw, real talent. Who else could go more than 10yrs without an album and still be the most sought after artist on the planet? Who else could stay outta the limelight that long and still hold such an important position in the music industry? Dont get me wrong, im not bashing Eminem but they are not similar in their careers. Eminem is doing wot Axl has done. Axl's done it all and Eminem is jus repeating it all. i personally dont think Eminem wont be remembered in 20yrs time, i dunno y, but i jus think his music aint rememberable. It aint got that uniqueness and it dont stand out and it aint really done anything to the music world. Guns N' Roses made a hellava difference and made such an impact. Eminem cant be compared to Axl, no way, Axl is in a much higher, successful and better league. Well, thats my 2 quid thrown in
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 01:00:21 PM »

you dont have to like Eminem of his music, i dont like his music that much

but you are not ebign fair if you are saying tha he doesnt have talent its jsut a different kind of talent that you are used to or are able to appreciate

he would not be the star/character he is if he was talentless
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 01:44:43 PM »

Good article. I guess the main difference between the two artists is that Axl is a genius and Eminem, well, sucks big fat moose cock.

rofl rofl

Serious note: Does anybody think people will be listening to the "Real Slim Shady" 20 years from now? I doubt it, but I do think people will still reminicese about 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and "November Rain.'

COuldn't agree more....most "classic rap" is often perceived as a joke or it just sounds REALLY out dated.  However, classic rock is just legendary and STILL inspires new artists.   I guess there are exceptions to the rule, maybe old public enemy or beastie boys still gets a listen, but I think its more in a nostalgic way, not in a "man, I really dig "fight the power".

I think eminem legacy will be his outrageous behavior and shock value, not necessarily his songs. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »

to bump or not to bump, that`s the question ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 02:18:03 PM »

Serious note: Does anybody think people will be listening to the "Real Slim Shady" 20 years from now? I doubt it, but I do think people will still reminicese about 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and "November Rain.'

WTF are you talking about?? You're saying Eminem won't be remembered?? He's one of, if not the, biggest rap artist ever.? An Elvis-like figure.

He's not saying he won't be remembered, he's saying you won't hear his songs much - which is true.

Rap is a fad that has gone on WAYYY too long. How throwing lyrics, if you can call them that, on top of a sampled drum-beat has lasted twenty years I cannot understand.

If the black youth of America started to make something different, I'd be impressed. But it's the same, always the same. Same beats, same angry voices, same music videos, same clothes, same attitudes, same song narratives etc etc...

Where is the independent thought...?! I can't tell two modern rap songs apart....

Rap needs to change the record. Or just go away. Thats my 2c.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 02:33:05 PM »

He's not saying he won't be remembered, he's saying you won't hear his songs much - which is true.

Rap is a fad that has gone on WAYYY too long. How throwing lyrics, if you can call them that, on top of a sampled drum-beat has lasted twenty years I cannot understand.

If the black youth of America started to make something different, I'd be impressed. But it's the same, always the same. Same beats, same angry voices, same music videos, same clothes, same attitudes, same song narratives etc etc...

Where is the independent thought...?! I can't tell two modern rap songs apart....

Wow.

I'm not the biggest fan of rap, I have to admit. So I can't comment much on that genre.

But if you take the word "rap" and substitute the word "rock"...and substitute black with white..and substitute beats with chords or riffs.....

You'd have just written an article from the early '90's on the state of rock and roll.

It's eery.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »

Every music genre as it's genuis, rock as john lennon, rap as 2-pac, dance as paul oakenfold.
But with every genre you get the crap. e.g fightstar, 50 cent, cheeky girls!
it's too hard to say that eminem isn't a great figure in music coz their's people that either hate him or love him!
You my find it hard to believe but there's people who think guns n roses are the most over-rated band of all time, with just SCOM makes them a one hit wonder!

So it's opinions that decied who's legend or not!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 04:05:01 PM »

Like with disco... there will be the day... hihi

I've listened to some rap in the past and marshall mathers lp is a great rap album and Eminem is very talented just like Axl but in a different way, rap isn't rock, kinda like having a great film and a great theator actor, they are both great actors but do very different kind of acting.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 04:10:20 PM »

Eminem seems kind of stale now. Glad the A-man is returning, show him how it's done.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 04:25:27 PM »

this argument has been going on since the gnronline message board (I know because I started a topic on it back then).  I think that Eminem and Axl Rose are having almost identical careers as the article has stated.  For all of those reasons and more I think that is the case.

As for Eminem not being talented.... haha ok, keep telling yourself he is not.  I always tell people if you want to hear what kind of talent Eminem has then listen to Hailie's Song, Marshall Mathers, Kim, and The Way I Am.  Lose Yourself will never go away, it will be played right after or right before WTTJ at sporting events for years to come.  Its ok to leave the secure nest that is rock and roll people, there is some interesting stuff out there....
ARC
VIP

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »

Wow.

I'm not the biggest fan of rap, I have to admit. So I can't comment much on that genre.

But if you take the word "rap" and substitute the word "rock"...and substitute black with white..and substitute beats with chords or riffs.....

You'd have just written an article from the early '90's on the state of rock and roll.

It's eery.

You're right.

But I guess there is more variation in "rock" music.

I mean rock n' roll, goth, metal, grunge, indie, country, hard rock, soft rock, emo, nu metal, punk.... all come from guitars.

How much variation is there in rap...?  Undecided

I don't know. I don't listen to too much rap so maybe I'm bias but everytime I hear a rap song I'm like..."I've heard this all before..."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 06:22:56 PM »

Journalists just can't get enough of Axl Rose when it comes to comparisons with other artists.  confused

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
ARC
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »

Journalist just can't get enough of Axl Rose when it comes to comparisons with other artists.

... and the reason I'm on this board is because he doesn't compare. He is in a league of his own.  ok
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 06:27:23 PM »

i wouldn't be at all surprised if Axl listens to eminem.

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 06:28:57 PM »

Axl to me is the greatest talent ever in any conversation. ?However, to deny Eminem his talent is absurd to me. ?He is a phenomenal rapper. ? I mean unbelievable. ?Just because you do not like a particular form of music does not mean it is not good. ?Stop picking on Eminem. ?

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: