Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:39:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose solo project
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose solo project  (Read 8994 times)
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: August 07, 2004, 08:34:30 PM »

In a Guns n Roses magazine I got from 93 when the Spaggeti CD just have been realesed, Axl says that he was gonna make a solo thing with more music like "My world"... Have you heard about that and do anybody know what happend with it?
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:49:13 PM »

It became the band we know as Guns N' Roses today Wink
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 08:49:53 PM »

Uh yea... its called guns n roses "chinese Democracy"

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 08:55:20 PM »

It became the band we know as Guns N' Roses today Wink

Good one! beer
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 09:02:59 PM »

In a Guns n Roses magazine I got from 93 when the Spaggeti CD just have been realesed, Axl says that he was gonna make a solo thing with more music like "My world"...
I think he went crazy at this time. I can't imagine just 1 second that "chinese democracy" will contain 16 or 17 tracks like "my world". Geffen Records or any record company in the world would never, never ever accept it. Nor the general public. It's just impossible because it would be a sabbotage and a terrible failure.
"my world" nearly destroyed the whole Use Your Illusion 2 album, wich could have been considered as one of the greatest record of all time in my opinion. But "my world" ruined its reputation. Isn't 1 time enought?
No, according to me, "chinese democracy" is very likely to be a "classic-rock" vibe album, with some other sounds, but no more. I can't be a total techno-rock record. That would not be Guns n' Roses. I think (hope) Axl changed his plan after the very mediocre audience reaction to "silkworms"? nervous or "oh my god"? nervous (what the f*** are these horrible songs? is it the same guy who wrote genius songs like November rain and estranged? I don't recognize him...)
"the blues" and "madagascar" were very well received, they are more normal songs, with a touch of modernity, but they are normal songs.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 09:16:09 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 10:24:12 PM »

In a Guns n Roses magazine I got from 93 when the Spaggeti CD just have been realesed, Axl says that he was gonna make a solo thing with more music like "My world"...
I think he went crazy at this time. I can't imagine just 1 second that "chinese democracy" will contain 16 or 17 tracks like "my world". Geffen Records or any record company in the world would never, never ever accept it. Nor the general public. It's just impossible because it would be a sabbotage and a terrible failure.
"my world" nearly destroyed the whole Use Your Illusion 2 album, wich could have been considered as one of the greatest record of all time in my opinion. But "my world" ruined its reputation. Isn't 1 time enought?
No, according to me, "chinese democracy" is very likely to be a "classic-rock" vibe album, with some other sounds, but no more. I can't be a total techno-rock record. That would not be Guns n' Roses. I think (hope) Axl changed his plan after the very mediocre audience reaction to "silkworms"? nervous or "oh my god"? nervous (what the f*** are these horrible songs? is it the same guy who wrote genius songs like November rain and estranged? I don't recognize him...)
"the blues" and "madagascar" were very well received, they are more normal songs, with a touch of modernity, but they are normal songs.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Oh My God is a great song

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 11:04:06 PM »

It became the band we know as Guns N' Roses today
I know what was new gnr thinking with songs liek maddy,cd,blues and rhiad. such my world type songs. Whats brian may smoking? Saying how all these my world trype songs are as greata s well...what the fuck is this world coming to...bring back slash and real rock n roll

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 11:29:40 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but Oh My God is a great song

In your opinion
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 11:45:56 PM »

I wouldn't say it nearly destroyed 2. It was not meant to be anything more than a joke (although OMG wasn't done, sure, just a demo).
Plus, it's a short song, and the record is long. Why not add a minute and a half song in for the fuck of it. The only thing i can think of is that it may have disillusioned the rock purists who abandoned the band due to such a track appearing at all.

What do you have to say about the weirdo move to include 2 identical versions (minus the lyrics) of Don't Cry on each album? Did that nearly destroy the albums also?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 02:50:31 PM »

i dont think any of the songs we've heard sounds like my world
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 03:30:24 PM »

Even Silkworms don't sound like My World.
And, for CD being Axl's solo project, go read the article about Tommy. It's not the first time someone (or he) said that Axl wants everyone to put their ideas in the songs, to be an all members work. I really believe him.  ok

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 06:41:32 AM »

many people see the new gnr as axl's solo project and I saw it as that for a while untill i started read how axl under takes the writing process and the recording process, and does very democratically with every one having input.  on My World, while it is a weird song that seems to come out of nowhere that most people skip I dont think it ruined the illusions 2 album at all, I see it kind of like all the weird noise that comes after the beatles song "A day in the life" except that axl has lyrics in it, and my world is longer and is seperated as a song, and I dont think that noise at the end of "A day in the life" in the Sgt. Peppers album ruined only the most influential album in history, and likewise my world doesnt ruin Use your Illusions 2 ok

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 07:14:40 AM »

oh my god is great song
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 10:27:26 AM »

many people see the new gnr as axl's solo project and I saw it as that for a while untill i started read how axl under takes the writing process and the recording process, and does very democratically with every one having input.?

I'm sure all band members loved the idea to get Shaq to do some rap on the album and Lionel Ritchie to do some work, too  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 12:00:32 PM »

Lionel Ritchie to do some work, too 
ANd your proof of this? ok

And if you think Shaq is going to be on CD your an idiot. This happened a few years ago. Axl and Tommy are Laker fans. And when Shaq was recording his album or whatver in the same studio Im sure they just wanted to fuck around. BUt think what you want

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 12:04:50 PM »

u never know! There has been alot of different artist in the studio with Axl ... So im sure there will be som feat.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 03:13:57 PM »

NIN have managed for years to put out bizarre electronic noise without any problems.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 06:33:05 PM »

Lionel Ritchie to do some work, too?
ANd your proof of this? ok

And if you think Shaq is going to be on CD your an idiot. This happened a few years ago. Axl and Tommy are Laker fans. And when Shaq was recording his album or whatver in the same studio Im sure they just wanted to fuck around. BUt think what you want

First, maybe Lionel Ritchie himself claimed that he worked with Axl on some songs the red-haired needed some help. If LR said this, then it's as relevant as the Brian May 'they have 3 albums material'. You also have no proof that they recorded 1 song or 72, but you believe they didn't just fuck around. But I could have written not only Ritchie's, but Beltrami's name, too. I'm also sure that all bandmembers wanted to change producers for 5 times or what. I'm sure everyone in the band wanted this CD procedure to grow this long. Well, some of them didn't and they quit. It's a democratic band: you can quit if you want, but my lawyers will kick your ass. I'm sure that Axl had flu in Philly, but Dizzy forgot to tell us in the past one and a half years.

Second. Thank you, I'm not an idiot, I don't think Axl has 3 or more albums. Shaq's parts hopefully won't be on the record, but it's a fucking insane idea that he'd even done anything on the new(?) GN'R(?) record(?). Imagine it, Shaq to do some rappings, Axl listens, and they record it. Fuck. If there is any Shaq voice on the album, I won't buy that, 'cause it'd be a split to the fans' face. Who cares if Axl and Tommy are Lakers fans, they could love Robert de Niro, Saddam Husein, etc., but it does not have to effect CD. Well, maybe nothing affects the album. Being in the same studio doesn't mean you should have a chance for a guest appearance on a GN'R album. Hell, Shaq doing rap parts on CD is one of the lowest points of GN'R's history, even it was considered only as a joke.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 10:44:17 PM »

oh my god is great song

In your opinion.... but that opinion isn't shared by very many people.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004, 10:05:22 PM »

oh my god is great song

In your opinion.... but that opinion isn't shared by very many people.

I agree. I listened to the song dozens of times and just could not really get into it. I mean, it is ok, but not great by any stretch of the imagination. On the other hand, it was a demo. Go back and listen to the early demos of the original band and then compare them to the final product. The final product is 1000 times better, so one has to assume that Axl will improve OMG as well.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: